The Dream

The Heart Of Amaranthine

I shivered as I feel the cold breeze of the wind touching my skin, hearing the sound of the birds singing and soaring through the sky. I open up my eyes to see an open field in front of me with the sun shining through the blue sky and the feeling of the soft green grass under my feet. Everything feel so peaceful.

Moments has passed by as I enjoy the peace and scenery of the place. I close my eyes again to feel the fresh air, but not a moment after I feel a strong gush of wind pass through me. My body start to shiver. I try to warm myself by rubbing both of my hands but then another strong wind pass by me that send chills all over my spine. I hug myself more and I open my eyes to see the scenery of the sunny green open field suddenly changed into what it seems to be a nightmare.

The sky that was blue now became black with dark clouds covering it. Shots of thunder and lightning soaring through the sky. The field now has changed into what it looks to be a deserted place, the ground is dried up and has cracks all over, dead plants that is seen over the ground. I hug myself more as it gets colder and colder, it feels like the temperature is going below zero degress.

'What is happening' i thought to myself as i looked around me.

Time has passed but the situation isn't getting any better, I close my eyes hoping that it would stop. I felt a strong wind pass by as I hear a name being called.

"W-w who's there??" I asked no one. I try to open my eyes trying to find where the voice came from, but its no use as the strong wind keep on blowing sand and dust everywhere.

As moments has passed, I still keep on hearing a name being called. At first I couldnt make up what the voice was saying, but now it started to get louder and clearer. It's my name... someone is calling my name.

The voice is starting to get louder and closer to me, with a heavy heart I open my eyes trying to find the person who is calling for me.

I block my eyes from a strong wind before looking up, and there it is. A man who looks to be in his 20s standing there a few meters in front of me. Looking at me with those beautiful golden eyes and a smile upon his lips.

"W-who are you?" I asked him with confusement shown in my face.

"Hello Aleena, it's nice seeing you all grown up now." he said

My body shivered not because of the cold but because of hearing his voice, the deep voice that I always hear in my dreams before.

"H-h-how do you know me?? Have we ever met before?" I asked him as my hand trying to block the wind from my face.

"You may not remember me since you were so little back then. "He answered.

"Who are you? And why are you here?" I kept on asking him as I get more curious about him.

"Well ... you can say that I'm a close friend of your parents"

"W-w-wait....you know my parents? You know who they are?" I asked shouting at him as the wind started to blow stronger than ever and the thunder is getting louder.

"Yes of course, your dad is like a son to me..."

"What?! What did you say... I can't hear you!!" I shouted as i block my face from the sand flying all over.

"Well... I apologize, but apparently I couldn't stay any longer ..."

"I came to you because I wanted to tell you that the time has finally come... the heart of Amaranthine will starts to awaken. And I'm warning you... so please be careful"

"WHAT??! What are you talking about?? Why are you warning me for?" I shouted as the storm started to grow stronger. I tried to block the wind and the dust with my hands but it's too strong.

"Please my child... be careful of what is going to come, a great danger is coming for you." He warned as he started to fade away.

"WAIT!!! What danger are you talking about? I'm just a human aren't i?... how in the world am i going to protect myself" I shouted at him. I tried to keep my eyes open but the storm is making it harder.

"You are more than just a human... and no worry my child, you're not going to be alone, your guardian will be there for you. They will protect you with all their lives" he said slowly fading away.

"WAIT!!! Don't Go!! There's something that I wanted to ask you!! PLEASE WAIT..." I shouted, while trying to keep my eyes open.

"I'm sorry, but my power is getting weaker and i couldnt stay longer."

"It's sad that we have to partway, but i promise you we will soon meet again." He whispers as he disappeared into the thin air.

"NO .... PLEASE WAIT!!! PLEASEEE..." I cried out loud. I can't keep my eyes open anymore, the storm is getting bigger. The wind is blowing all over the place; I try to block my face from the sand and dust. The sound of the thunder is so loud that it hurts your ears. I open my eyes a little to see his figure fading away.

"WAIT!!!" I plead at him.

"Please stay safe my child" I heard his deep voice whispering through the place.

"Noooooo..... Don't go" I shouted but the storm is so loud that I can't even hear my voice.

Time passes as the storm is getting calmer. I put my hand down and open my eyes to see the green open field again. 'It's over?!'

I looked around and everything seems to be back to normal, like the storm has never happened.

I walk around trying to search for the man. There's so much stuff that I want to ask him. About my parents and his relationship with them. And what is he talking about.. what is he trying to warn me for.. A great danger he said. What danger? And did he call me black pearl...?! There's so much that I don't understand.

I stand there in the middle of the field. Looking like a lost kid, not knowing what to do.

I look up to the sky and see a beautiful red moon shining through along with the sun.

'It's so beautiful'

I got mesmerize by the moon, and felt somehow sleepy. My eyes are starting to close and without me knowing I have come back to my sleep.

Before I fully close my eyes, I heard my name softly being called by a women voice.