03- Tell Me

Single Since Birth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three - Tell Me

            I left class with the hope of changing myself. I’m twenty-two and have been single for that long. Look, it’s not that I need a boyfriend, in fact, I want to focus on my career and studies too. However, seeing Nari with Jonghyun makes me want to fall in love.

            It was lunch time and I was going to meet up with Nari and the BTS boys to eat lunch. We all decided to go to a bubble tea restaurant next to campus. I had to pick up a book from the school library, so I decided to meet them at the bubble tea restaurant. I walked into the bubble tea store and stood in line to order my food and drink. Nari texted me they were sitting in the back already and that they ordered their food already, so I just decided to order my food first and sit down later. As I was looking at the menu hanging above the cashier, I heard the customer in front of me speak.

 

            “Oh crap. I gave my backpack to Sehun, which had my wallet in it.” The customer mumbled to himself. Then he spoke to the worker at the cashier, “Can I get the wallet real quick? He’s here in the back, saving me a seat.”

            The worker, a male, looked irritated. “Ugh, don’t you know you’re holding up the line?” I looked behind me and there were no customers behind me. What was this guy’s problem? The worker continued to speak in a rude manner, “Just because you’re handsome doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want.”

            What the hell? This customer wasn’t doing anything wrong! However, the customer continued to apologize. “Sorry, I should have paid attention-“

            “There’s no need to apologize,” I cut the customer off. I was so irritated! The worker was being so rude to the customer! I walked up to the cashier without looking at the customer and gave the cashier my credit card. “Please add a Taro Milk Tea and a chicken sandwich to his order.” I gave a fake smile to the worker.

            After approaching the worker, the worker stopped speaking rudely and gave me the total amount of my order.

            After giving me my order number and my credit card back, I finally looked at the customer that was being mistreated.

            Oh .

            How come I didn’t even notice him?! Is this even real?

            The customer spoke with his deep voice, “Seems like you’ve been saving my this whole day today. Thank you for this, and thank you for this morning.” Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck while smiling. “I need to pay you back though, let me get my wallet real quick!” Chanyeol started walking towards the seating area. I followed him.

            “Oh wait!” I stopped him from getting to his seat and we both stood in the middle of the seating area. I continued to speak, “There’s no need to pay me back! That worker was being rude to you, so I wanted to help. Plus, your order wasn’t that much. There’s no need to worry!” I gave him a genuine smile. I sure as hell didn’t mind treating this cutie to bubble tea!

            Chanyeol chuckled and his laugh sounded so attractive. My heart is racing! Come on, Jiyeon, you can do this! Chanyeol continued to speak, “You’re too sweet.” AH I’M DYING, HE JUST CALLED ME SWEET! HELP! Damn it, why does he have to have a girlfriend?!

            Before I could reply, a familiar person came up to us.

            “Jonghyun?” I said in shock.

 

-EXO POV-

            “Yo, where is Chanyeol?” Taemin asked. The EXO boys were having lunch with Taemin at a place that his friend Jonghyun recommended, since Jonghyun felt like tagging along. They never really had the chance to hang out with Taemin, so they decided to get lunch after class to catch up.

            “He’s ordering his food, he actually just dropped off his stuff so that I can save him a seat,” Sehun replied.

            “Cool. So anything new?” Taemin asked.

            “Ask Chanyeol, he fell for the girl you and your friends were fighting over.” Kai gave a smirk.

            “SHIN JIYEON?!” Taemin said in shock.

            Jonghyun came to sit down at the table. “Jiyeon? Why is her name being said?” Jonghyun asked. “How do you guys know she’s coming here too? Are you stalking her?” Jonghyun looked at the everyone with a curious stare.

            “Huh? What are you talking about?” Xiumin asked.

            “Jiyeon, she’s coming here too. Nari, my girlfriend, is right there. They’re best friends.” Jonghyun pointed to his girlfriend.

            “THAT’S WHY YOU WANTED TO COME HERE!” Taemin lightly hit Jonghyun’s arm.

            “Hehe… Sorry, but I wanted to see my girlfriend too and to meet you guys!” Jonghyun said sheepishly. “Anyways, what’s up with Jiyeon? Don’t tell me she’s been dating one of you guys! Hmm… I would have known by now…” Jonghyun rubbed his chin.

            “Well, Chanyeol is interested,” Baekhyun chuckled.

            “How the hell did that happen?” Taemin asked. “I’m jealous. Damn it, why did the SHINee boys have to fight?! I would have asked her out already.” Taemin whined.

            “She helped Chanyeol this morning and he’s been developing a crush since then. But he’s sad because he didn’t get to introduce himself.” Chen replied.

            “Oh? I guess that’s being taken care of right now,” Jonghyun pointed at Chanyeol and Jiyeon, who were in the middle of the sitting area.

            “Woah, lucky Chanyeol, he’s talking to her and she’s smiling back at him!” Taemin whined in jealousy.

            “Jonghyun, do you think you can formally introduce the two?” Kyungsoo asked.

            “Sure. But wait, is Chanyeol a player?” Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows and spoke seriously. “Jiyeon is like my little sister. She’s taken care of me and Nari many times, so I can’t introduce her to a boy who doesn’t deserve her.” Jonghyun sternly said.

            “We can all vouch for him, he’s a nice guy, just a bit dorky.” Kai replied.

            “Oh, that sounds like Jiyeon.” Jonghyun replied.

            “Dorky? She’s dorky?” Sehun asked.

            Jonghyun laughed, “Once you get to know her more, you’ll know she’s a lot of things. She’s not just a pretty face, you know! But sure, I’ll introduce them right now.” Jonghyun went to go up to the pair.

 

-BTS POV-

            “Nari, you look so happy.” Namjoon stated.

            “I am! I get you eat with you guys and I get to see my Jonghyunnie~” She smiled and looked at where he was sitting.

            “He knows the EXO boys?” Jimin asked.

            “Well, not really, he’s just meeting them right now. But his bestfriend Taemin knows them pretty well.” Nari replied.

            “Jimin, don’t you know that Kai guy?” Jungkook asked.

            “Yeah, we’re both in dance.” Jimin replied.

            “So Nari, when is JiJi coming?” Hoseok asked.

            “She should be here soon!” Nari answered but was looking at her boyfriend, Jonghyun with a loving gaze.

            “Wow, she’s totally in love with him.” Jin said.

            “Oh shut up, you’re just jealous because you’re single.” Nari stuck her tongue out and looked back at Jonghyun. “Hm? Why is he getting up? Where is he walking- OH MY GOSH!” Nari yelled in shock and grabbed Namjoon’s sleeve, since she was next to him.

            “What the hell, Nari?” Namjoon said annoyed.

            “LOOK WITH YOUR DAMN EYES NAMJOON! LOOK AT OUR BABY JIYEON TALKING TO HER NEW CRUSH!” Nari pointed and explained. A part of Nari added the whole crush thing because she wanted to throw it in Taehyung’s face. She knew about Jiyeon’s on and off crush on Taehyung and was disappointed at how Taehyung never caught on to it.

            “Who is that?” Taehyung sternly said.

            Nari smirked. “That’s the cute guy she spoke to this morning. And you know, she never talks to any other guys besides you all. Aww, look at her smiling!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter