Epilogue

Steal or Stolen

"Is it alright, Princess Amaretto?" L asks her once again as they walk out from the city. He takes a glance at the castle while Amaretto puts her cloaks on her shoulders. "Maybe we will never return here again."

They walk pass the city gate and, fortunately because no one ever saw the Princess' face except the maids and guardians, they pass the guardians easily, leaving Mizuwari City togeher.

"It's for the best," Amaretto answers with a smile. She stops her steps and looks at L, "And please stop calling me 'Princess'. I'm not a Princess anymore."

L is surprised by her statement but he smiles and pats her head, "You're forever a Princess for me, Amaretto."

Her heart beats really fast just by listening to L's voice and her name combine together. She blushes again because of the charming smile.

"You left the Jewel of Moonwalk for your father and you'll travel with us?" Inspirit lands on her shoulder, wondering if the girl is serious with her decision. "We're thieves, you know."

Amaretto just smiles sheepishly and looks at L, "Thanks for letting me to have the jewel, L."

"It's nothing," L pulls her closer so he can kiss her forehead. "I have more valuable jewel with me."

While Amaretto is cupping both of her cheeks, feeling the warmth with her hands, Inspirit tries to attack L because of jealousy. L chuckles and takes Amaretto's hand with his, smiling to her, "Shall we go, my Princess?"

Her lips turn into a perfect curve as she nods, "Yes."

She knows that a long adventure is waiting for them.