Act 3: Steal or Stolen

Steal or Stolen

"Are you awake, Princess Amaretto?"

Amaretto opens her eyes slowly and finds herself is laying on the grass. There is a black trench coat on top of her; L put it on her so she will not get cold because of the night breeze.

L stands right next to her while Inspirit is on his shoulder, admiring the beauty of the Princess with wide grin. Amaretto looks around to make sure that she is not dreaming, gazing at the night sky.

"You...," Amaretto mutters with disbelief tone. "You brought me out from the tower?"

"Well, actually I brought the Jewel of Moonwalk to be exact," L gives a genuine smile as Inspirit shoots him a deadly glare.

"Yeah...," Amaretto drops her gaze, clutching the trench coat weakly. "I mean that..."

"Do you know, Princess?" L takes a seat next to the Princess while Inspirit leaves his shoulder. "Actually I can release the Jewel of Moonwalk from your eyes with a little bit of magic."

"But if you release it from me, I have no value anymore," she tells him about her thought. She hates the Jewel of Moonwalk but she realizes that the jewel is the only thing that makes her valuable for her own father so she never complained about it.

"I don't think so," L cups her right cheek gently and finally covers her right eyes with his hand, casting some ancient spells he has learned from ancient book from antique bookstore yesterday; this is the reverse spell of sealing the jewel inside of Amaretto.

The next second they know, a beautiful jewel stone in moon shape is already in L's hand. Just like what the rumor said, it shines really beautiful under the moonlight. Even Inspirit locks its eyes on the jewel with amazement.

"You have it now," Amaretto clears awkwardly, feeling really sad because she knows that her father will not care about her anymore now. "You can leave now..."

"I really wish I will go just with this jewel but...," L stops, rubbing the back of his neck. He is trying to find the right words to say to the Princess, noticing that she is really sad because of the jewel.

"But?" Amaretto tilts her head, wondering about what he is trying to say. "But what?"

L sighs and scratches his cheek with his finger, "I was planning to steal the jewel and leave this city. Just that simple. But I guess I just want something else now."

Listening to his words makes her more confused. Amaretto doesn't have an idea about what he is talking, "What do you mean? The Jewel of Moonwalk is the only treasure for this country."

The charming thief places his hand on Amaretto's cheek with his other hand. He caresses her cheek gently, smiling to her sincerely, "If you want any stars in the sky, I will steal the stars for you."

L moves her long hair behind her ear slowly, "If you want drops of water from any waterfall, I will take them for you."

He trails her hair with his finger and kisses it, "If you want the light from the sun, I will give it to you."

"I think...," L takes her hand and kisses it, "...you've stolen my heart, my Princess."

Amaretto blushes really hard by his confession. Her heart is beating uncontrollably as heat creeps to her cheeks. It's the first time someone confesses to her ever since she was locked in the tower.

"Will you stay by my side?" L tells her his request, intertwining their fingers together. He doesn't care about how hard his heart is beating against his chest because he doesn't want to break their eyes contact at all.

"I-I-I...," Amaretto stammers, stumbling with words. She is speechless because of the sudden 'proposal'.

"Yah! Don't flirt here!" Inspirit suddenly kicks L's back, causing the anti- moment between them. "Those are my words! Why did you take them from me?!"

L tosses Inspirit away with his hand easily and puts the Jewel of Moonwalk on Amaretto's hand, "I always steal a jewel but I guess this time it's my turn to be stolen by the most beautiful jewel."

He leans closer and lands a kiss on her forehead, "You're my most valuable treasure, Amaretto."

Amaretto can't help herself to smile shyly. Even though she knows that maybe this is just a trick from a thief who she just met yesterday, she is sure that L is telling her the truth.

"L, can you grant one wish for me?"