Final....

Four Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P.S: please make sure you read the author's note written at the end of the chapter.

Final

 

Luhan never liked fighting with Sehun.

 He hated knowing that he was the reason Sehun wasn’t smiling; because he loved when Sehun smiled. He loved the way his husband’s mouth would form a soft pout, and the way Sehun’s eyes would turn into crescent; but even more so, he loved Sehun’s melodious laughter.

There was nothing Luhan hated about Sehun , Sehun had always loved lilacs. He’d once told Luhan that the purple flowers stood or first love, and had admitted, shyly, that Luhan was his first love. From that day on, Luhan loved purple lilacs as well; but not as much as he loved oh Sehun - his first, and only love.

He laughed remembering how he and Minseok had made Sehun confess. But he used Minseok again, this time to break Sehun’s heart. The irony of the situation made him laugh.

 

The matter was dropped but Luhan somehow started thinking about their fight as he sat down for his lunch break. Maybe he should've talked with him that morning. A great feeling of guilt crept up his stomach and somehow the scenes from the morning kept repeating on his head like an endless loop. The weight of the ring on the pocket of his slacks suddenly felt too heavy. He took out the shiny piece of rounded silver and he dangled it from his small hands. It seemed delicate. The distinctive engraftment of their initials shimmered under the harsh light. Luhan smiled bitterly  as he remembered their first anniversary. He had planned a whole trip and had finally given that ring to his precious man. It was a promise to protect their love and a symbol of the strength of their relationship. But everything failed in front of fate….

The only thing he needed was a hot shower and a soft bed (maybe Sehun also) . He turned the volume of the radio up and heard a soft ballad. He vaguely remembers it as one of Sehun's favorites. The soft breeze that passed through the open windows of the car moved his hair and released the smell of pomegranate shampoo he had used that morning. Another of Sehun's  favorites. The ride home was quick as the streets were mostly empty.

Their apartment was quiet as expected. But maybe extremely quiet.

Luhan walked in quietly through the front door with a shoe already off and his hands trying to detangle the knot of his tie. Their apartment remained eerily silent even as he moved throughout   the house. He shuffled towards the bedroom on search for a new change of clothes figuring that Sehun would be sleeping. He opened the door and moved towards the bed expecting a human sizes lump…

 But the bed was empty. Sehun was nowhere. The bed was unused.

Luhan fell on his knees as tears streamed down his face.  He remembered the day it all started  and exactly how helpless he was.

 

“But…I didn’t have any other symptom, doctor .”

 “Unfortunately, these types of diseases can sometimes be asymptomatic; and symptoms only start showing when it’s too late. I’m sorry, Mr. Xi.”

 “I have…. I mean…”, taking a deep breath he continues, “- How long?”

 He didn’t have to explain for the man to understand what he was trying to ask. He was sure he’d heard similar questions countless times in his career.

 “At the stage you’re at, we can only try and make you more comfortable, and possibly try to prolong your time.”

 “How long?”

 “Three months, at the most.”

 

He had realized that he might  not live to see his child. He was scared, disappointed, sad… … but above all worried about Sehun, he would be devastated……

 

The migraines had started getting worse and worse, becoming more frequent, incapacitating him.

On certain nights, Luhan would find himself curled up on the lone leather couch in his office, hands fisted in one of Sehun's sweatshirts that he’d always kept in his office, waiting for the pain to pass.

As the migraines became more frequent, he’d started going home less and less. He didn’t want Sehun to see him in pain; he didn’t want to hurt Sehun too. And when he was home, the constant pain took its toll on him, making him too tired to do anything else.`

“Luhan, do you want to watch a movie?”

 “I’m tired Sehun.”  Every small request was turned down but again he was helpless. ‘I don’t want to let you see me in pain.’ Luhan had thought.

 

He wished he could go back in time.

 Back to a time when he could enjoy his time with Sehun without fear; without having to worry that the tall brunet would pick up on the slightest flinch of pain, the smallest tremor of his hands. Because Sehun was observant, and Luhan didn’t want to risk him knowing.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?”

 “Please, just do it.”

 “But  then Sehun-“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter