Real

The Last Of The Real Ones*

Everything seems fine. Everything looks right. But that’s only on the surface.

The reflection before Wonho - the sculpted muscles that are not too lean and not too harsh, having the almost soft look while being all but soft, the marble white skin - looks good , looks right , but it doesn’t feel right. He can’t pinpoint what exactly is wrong with what he sees, but there must be something. All those people wouldn’t tell lie to him, would they?

Perhaps this is indeed too much.  Maybe being leaner, skinnier would please them more and he is a bit too big. Maybe losing some weight - making his chest and shoulders shrink - would make him look better in their eyes. Changing something once in a while was good, wasn’t it?

Wonho jumps a little when a pair of arms sneaks around his middle and just a tad bit shorter man pulls him close. A pointed chin rests on his shoulder and those alway warm, puppy like eyes meet his through the mirror. There’s a silent question in the gaze that Wonho knows far too well, so he decides to disregard it before it’s asked.

“It’s nothing, Changkyunnie,” he says softly and places his hands on top of ChangKyun’s and turns his head a bit, placing a small kiss on the younger one’s temple.

“Liar,” comes a response in the deep, raspy voice Wonho knew so well and he can’t deny it. He was a liar. And not only about his concerns, but also about his fears, his insecurities and his regrets. Though, no one read through his sometimes too naive lies better than ChangKyun.

“I’m just thinking… maybe I should slim down a bit,” Wonho admits and their eyes meet through the mirror again. ChangKyun’s eyes travel Wonho’s body from the top of his head, over his shoulders and chest, down his abs and stops at the edge of his sweatpants before taking the same route back up.

“Why would you?” he asks, his voice laced with curiosity. His fingers start to draw small, random patterns on Wonho’s abdomen and it’s calming and exciting at the same time. His touch was always like that - cooling and setting fire at simultaneously.

“I keep on seeing comments that I’m too big,” the older one frowns and looks at his reflection thoroughly again. “I’m a ‘muscle pig’,” he murmurs and ChangKyun squeezes him tighter immediately.

“What they say does not matter! You’re perfectly fine the way you are,” he says and places a kiss on Wonho’s neck, locking their eyes in the reflection once more.

“But if monbebes say that…”

“Do you really think monbebes would ever say that to you?” ChangKyun interrupts Wonho even before he manages to finish  the sentence, frowning intensely. “Describe monbebes to me,” he continues and Wonho bites on his lower lip for a bit.

“They are kind, sweet, smart, cute and nice,” he says and looks at ChangKyun who is now smiling faintly.

“Would they ever say that to anyone?” the younger asks and Wonho shakes his head. “That means the opinion of who ever wrote that does not count. Real monbebes love you like you are, and so do I.”

Wonho unhooks the younger one’s arms from his waist to turn around. What would he do if not this, sometimes overly rational, man wouldn’t be by his side? That was a scary thought he didn’t want to humor at all.

“You’re right,” he nods. “It’s just stupid thoughts taking over. Beside, if I would get slimmer I probably wouldn’t be able to do this,” Wonho smiles and before ChangKyun even manages to say a word, he throws the smaller male over his shoulder and marches out of the bathroom they were standing in and straight to the bedroom.

He ignores the odd stares they receive and the “not-again” sighs. He ignores the obviously not serious punches on his back and demands to put him down from ChangKyun. Not much was needed to fix the cracks deeper than skin - not much at all from a person one loves. At least until new ones would be made.

Notes:

Just a little something that randomly popped in my head because of some things floating around twitter.
Find me on: Twitter