Relax

The Last Of The Real Ones*

“Are you done?” comes a question as if from nowhere the second ChangKyun exits the bathroom. He’s still rubbing his russet hair with the navy blue towel and he doesn’t see the speaker, but he recognizes the deep voice and the adorable lisp.

“Yeah. All done,” he replies before placing the towel around his shoulders clad in a black, few sizes too big hoodie he had ‘borrowed’ from the man who was standing before him, matching his own tracksuit pants. The red hair on top of his head was a fiery mess, contrasting sharply, yet somehow matching with a powder pink t-shirt and true-blue jeans. How did he dare to look so good in such casual outfit?

“Good!” Wonho cheers and grabs a mint green paper bag from the table. “Mine or yours?” he asks as he passes ChangKyun, giving the younger of two a quick peck on the cheek.

“Yours,” the brunet replies and there’s a smile spreading on the full lips he knew so well. The red-hair just nods and heads to the bathroom. There’s something mischievous about him today - even more than usually - and a part of ChangKyun is scared, but a part of him is also excited.

The dorm is rather quiet and calm, in comparison to the usual buzz when all of them were there. There’s Kihyun talking to someone in the kitchen, but ChangKyun isn’t paying enough attention to distinguish the other person. He makes his way to his own bed in the shared room, hangs the towel he had around his neck on the stairs of the bunk bed and picks up his phone and a book his brother had sent over a few weeks ago. He hadn’t gotten too far in it, his English disappointingly rusty, but he was determined to finish it soon.

The conversation in the kitchen has went quiet when he wakes his way to the other room. It was decided with one answer which bed they would share tonight. It was a little something to liven up the routine their lives sometimes fell in - to share a different bed whenever they actually decided to sleep together. Most schedules drove them to the ground and passing out separately was not a rare thing. This time, however, the older one’s bed was the choice.

ChangKyun crawls on top of the asphalt and slate gray sheets, settling in a comfortable sitting position with his back against the wall. A small night light is lit next to the bed and even though it is not the best reading light it is something. He slides down a bit, the position getting a bit more comfortable, and begins to read the black on white letters before him. Some words stop him and he has to think for a moment to remember them, but it’s almost exciting to remember the language he used too rarely.

Not even full 20 minutes pass when his phone vibrates, its screen lighting up with the familiar called ID of a bunny emoji and a heart. A cheesy one, but it made the owner of that number ridiculously happy to be saved like that.

“Yeah?” ChangKyun picks up, not hiding his confusion upon why would the red-hair call him.

“Come to the bathroom,” comes a short instruction and before the brunet can ask why, the call is over and he is left puzzled. There was only one way to find out what was going on.

He crawls out of the bed, leaving the book and phone behind, and makes his way to the bathroom. The doors are open and he carefully makes his way in, stopping the moment his head peaks through the gap of the opened door.

The air of the room is warm and filled with a soft scent of vanilla and wild flowers. There are candles placed around the room in safest possible locations, embracing the space in a honey like light all around. The phone from which came the call minute ago is placed somewhere ChangKyun can’t see, barely there music he has never heard before playing from it, mixing with the light and the scent in the air.

He walks in, closing and locking the door behind him, and gapes at the setting before his eyes focus on the bathtub before him. The brightest smile greets him and a hand appears from below the bubbly water, reaching out for him.

“Come here,” Wonho says and ChangKyun stares at his hand and then at him and then again at his hand for a good minute.

“As in… in the tub?” he asks, as if it wasn’t clear already.

“Of course,” the red-hair replies and even though it’s extremely unexpected and the bathtub will probably overflow with both of them in it and Kihyun will nag about the water on the floor and the candle wax staining the surfaces, he can’t say no to that soft smile and those deep eyes.

He strips out of the clothes he put on just moments ago. He feels his cheeks flushing red as he walks to the bath and hopes the dimmed light hides it. It was silly for him to blush as they had seen each other for too many times to count, but something about this setting seemed more intimate and he couldn’t help it.

It’s a bit of a hassle to get in, but firm hands steady him by his hips and in less than a minute he is settled between Wonho’s legs, his back pressed against the sturdy chest of the red-hair. Ridiculously strong arms entwine him around the middle, pulling him even closer. A kiss is pressed against his temple, the rounded nose nuzzling in his still damp hair.

“Relax,” comes a barely there whisper against ChangKyun’s ear and he gives in. He let’s head fall back against the broad shoulders, his hands settling on top of the one’s holding him. His eyes fall shut and he inhales deeply the mix of scents in the air before letting out a long exhale.

The subtle music, the warm light and so oddly familiar combination of scents swarm around them - vibrating through the air and diving through the foamy water - melting them together. They don’t even say a word, they don’t even move. It’s not needed. Everything is perfect the way it is with just them in that moment.

When the water starts to go cold they finally move, even though staying like they were would be a more preferable option. ChangKyun leaves first, his body feeling lighter than ever. Every fiber of his feels relaxed and light as feather. He falls down on the bed with a small “unf” and crawls under the grey-tone covers, placing his phone away, but keeping the book close. He doesn’t open it though and focuses on the door.

Wonho walks in after a few minutes wearing nothing more but grey sweatpants. He walks around the room for a bit, placing the bag he had with him, which probably contained candles and bath bombs, away. It takes him a while to get under the blanket next to ChangKyun, but when he does it’s an instant decision for the younger one to put the book away as well.

“You wanted to read?” Wonho asks as he reaches for the lightswitch, but ChangKyun shakes his head and moves closer to the red-hair. His arms, completely hidden by the huge hoodie, snake around the bare torso of the older on and he moves as close as he can, snuggling against the firm chest.

He hears a quiet chuckle before the room goes dark. He gets into an embrace again and he inhales the scent radiating from Wonho’s skin. Right. This was what the scent earlier reminded him off - it reminded him of Wonho, of his warmth and how right it felt being next to him. It was the best feeling ChangKyun had ever had and probably will ever have - the relaxing and safe feeling of home in one embrace.

Notes:

We have to be very honest - Wonho would pull romantic stunts like this. He totally, 100% would!