Bunkmates

I...Like You

"This is where we sleep," Dahyun gestured toward the living space scattered with bunks, wrinkled blankets and a few articles of clothing on the floor. "Jihyo, Tzuyu, and Nayeon sleep in the room across the hall, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon share a double next door, and Momo, Sana, and I sleep here." She swiped a guilty hand over the nape of her neck. "We aren't exactly the cleanest girls in the world," she said apologetically. "I hope at least you find it comfortable here."

"Thank you," Mina smiled. "I don't have much with me anyway, right now. I have a suitcase, but it shouldn't take up too much room."

"Alright, then, Sana settled herself comfortably in the upper bunk and peered down at the two younger girls. Momo wasn't anywhere to be seen, and it was under a general agreement she was probably foraging in the dorm kitchen. "Tell us about yourself. What are you good at? How did you get into JYP?"

Mina sat on the edge of one of the lower bunks before beginning. "When I was younger, I took ballet for about 9 years-"

"Woah," Dahyun accidentally interrupted. "You must be really good."

"Perhaps, but I don't think I am," Mina shrugged modestly. "Some of my friends were big fans of K-pop, so I started to gradually enjoy it as well. Then I switched to more modern dance techniques at a good dance studio." 

"Nice," Sana grinned. 

"One day, when I was out shopping with my mom, this guy in a suit came up to us and said 'do you want to audition for an entertainment company in Korea? You have the looks.' Both my mom and I were very surprised, and I didn't know what to think at first. I guess I was flattered, but also scared. When I went to the audition, I was very nervous and I almost messed up my singing routine." Mina heaved a deep sigh. "I still don't know if I made the right decision."

"I think you did," Sana answered gently. "I think everyone here already likes you."

Dahyun felt inclined to interject a useful comment: "Yes! I can't wait to work and practice with you! You have a nice personality. And you're..." she found herself becoming very shy. "You're pretty."

"Thanks?" Mina seemed caught off-balance by the abrupt compliment. "You 're cute, too."

"Geez, a load of cuties saying each other are pretty," Sana leaned forward with her elbows on the railing of her bunk. "How sweet."

"You make that sound a bit weird," Dahyun pointed out, faintly blushing and wishing she wasn't. 

She had a smug expression. "It's only the truth, Dubu." 

"ANYWAY..." Dahyun turned and ignored the crazy girl and shrugged. "It's kind of boring sitting here in our dorm. Why don't we go visit the kitchen and see if we can get a snack."

"Okay!" Mina was all too happy to agree. The trio trooped out the door and nearly bumped into the other group of girls: Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon, along with Jihyo and Tzuyu. "Oh, hello!"

"Hi, New Girl!" Jeongyeon raised a hand for a high-five, which Mina timidly tapped with her palm. "How's it going for you?"

"Her name is Rina," reminded Chaeyoung, elbowing the older girl in the ribs.  

"Ah, that's what it was, I was trying to remember." Jeongyeon opened wide and laughed aloud. "Sorry ne- err, Rina."

"Her name is Mina!" Jihyo hissed at the duo, then smiled warmly. "Pardon those two. They're known as the no-jam sisters because of their lack of funniness, but we still love them."

"Hey! We are funny!"

"Yeah, we're funnier than everyone else."

"You wish," muttered Jihyo under her breath. Out loud, she wondered: "We were going to get ourselves some snacks and such. Would you like to join us?"

"As a matter of fact," Sana clapped her hands. "We were doing the same."

"Great!" The party of girls slowly wandered their way down the hallway to a room with a small kitchen with cupboards crammed messily with ramyun, energy drinks, and various other unidentifiable substances. "We also have some fruit in the refrigerator if you'd like." 

Unsurprisingly, Momo was already there slurping at a bowl of instant noodles. "Hello."

Mina nodded to her. "Hello." 

"I'll cut some oranges and apples then," Jihyo volunteered. "Please make yourselves comfortable." And she looked around the room with a pleased expression on her face, like that of a proud mom. 


"Do you have all you need?" Sana said as she exited the washroom carrying a towel and a toothbrush. Her hair was damp and it appeared she had just taken a bath. "Just say, and you can borrow anything from me."

"I think I'm good," Mina looked at the towel draped over her arm. "Thanks for offering." 

"No problem."


After Mina had finished washing up, she moved the rest of her belongings into the SaMoDa room and found herself neatly nestled under some warm blankets and six interested eyes staring back at her. She huddled in deeper. "D-do you need something?"

"No, no," Sana cooed. "Just go to sleep."

"It's kind of hard to sleep with the light on..."

"Oh," Dahyun jumped up and flipped the switch. She crawled up the ladder connected to her bed above Mina's and whispered to the others: "Good night." 


Dahyun found herself drifting to sleep before the sound of giggling woke her right up. Groggily, she opened her eyes and saw a weak beam of light being emitted from Sana's bunk. There came a dangerous creaking from the bed, and Dahyun could only assume Momo was lying with her too. "What are you guys doing," she whispered in a half yawn, half groan. 

"Look, look, Dahyunnie," giggled Momo again. She moved the light source around, and Dahyun realized they were shining it directly on Mina's face. Glancing downward, she saw Mina was completely asleep and the light didn't bother her a bit. was slightly ajar and she looked smaller than she remembered under the blue comforter. "Isn't she cute?"Sana said with satisfaction. "It's like we got another lil' sister."

"Okay, okay," Dahyun nodded. "Now turn off the light before you wake her and go to sleep!" The last line was said with a bit of emphasis and the Japanese friends gave out quiet titters before retiring to their separate berths. 

Dahyun laid back down with her arms behind her head and stared at the ceiling. Myoui Mina. She seems nice. I mean, she does ballet, and she's beautiful, and she's friendly. I hope we can become good friends while we're here. I would like that.

She turned over on her side and a smile played on her lips. 

Yeah...I really would.


Hey guys! I didn't really have an author's note at the end of the first chapter, so sorry about that. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying MiHyun! I really love this ship and they're so cute! Please comment if you find any errors or weird sections. I'm not exactly the most eloquent of writers. I'm going to be busy with school and stuff, so the next chapter might not be for awhile. 

Thanks! <3

50ShadesofTwice