She's So Pretty

I...Like You

H(This is sort of a different universe(?) with a sort of different setting, and minus Sixteen.)

Dahyun minded her own business as she walked down the long hallway of JYPE Entertainment, thinking of nothing in particular. In fact, she didn't actually know where to she was headed and wandered aimlessly in whatever direction her feet took her. Heck, she wasn't really looking at where she was going, which meant she was spacing out as well. That is, until she collided with someone else. 

The human being gave a squeak reminiscent of a referee whistle and stumbled backward, her book tumbling to the floor and she landed rather solidly on her behind. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" Dahyun instantly offered a hand and helped her stand, feeling bad for her and wanting to think of something else, more friendly to say. "Gee, I should've looked where I was going. Sorry about that." 

"No, it's okay," the girl smiled shyly and gathered up her book. "I shouldn't have been reading while I was walking. It was mostly my fault anyway. My mother always told me reading while walking would be hazardous to my health, maybe she was right," and she gave a faint tinkle of a laugh that reminded Dahyun of the chime of bells. How charming, she thought. 

"My name is Dahyun," she offered. "I'm a trainee here at JYPE." She squinted at the unfamiliar person. "You look about the age of some of the girls here but...I don't believe I've seen you around."

"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you, Dahyun-ssi," the girl bowed low, speaking in a very formal tone that made the girl feel slightly uncomfortable. "My name is Myoui Mina. I've come from Japan. I'm supposed to be starting as a trainee as of today." It was only then that Dahyun realized how heavy of an accent Mina had, and felt surprised she hadn't noticed it earlier considering she was friends with Momo and Sana. Perhaps it was because of how amazed her was by the girl's beauty because wow, she was pretty. 

"Dahyun-ssi?" Mina gazed at her curiously and Dahyun realized was open, so she snapped it shut quickly, embarrassed. 

"Uh...oh! Ahem, sorry about that. What were you saying?"

"Where might the t-t-training room be?" And the way Mina stumbled over the word made Dahyun crack a tiny smile despite herself. 

"Follow me, I'll show you," she beckoned in a friendly manner. "It's just at the other end of this hall." The walk seemed faster now that she was focused and she had a companion, and soon they reached the entrance to the facility. Mina started to look scared. 

"What if they don't like me," she whispered, almost too quietly for Dahyun to hear (she didn't think that was even possible, the girl needed a 50-decibel amplifier compared to Nayeon). "What if I mess up and say the wrong things? What if I can't do this." 

Dahyun gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. Everyone here is really nice. Especially the other trainees. I'm sure they'll like you. There're two others who are Japanese like you. I'm sure they can help you out with Korea and stuff." Mina only nodded dumbly and wiped a tear from her eye and Dahyun wanted to give her a hug, but she knew her boundaries and now probably wasn't the best of times to become physically intimate, if a comforting hug could even be called that. 

"Here, everyone's already here," she said, pulling the door open and guessing by the level of activity noise coming from the room. And just as she expected, the room was bustling with life. "Hey guys, whassup!"

"Who is she?" One of the girls nodded to Mina, who almost seemed like she was trying to make herself smaller and hide behind Dahyun's back. Seven people stopped what they were doing and fourteen pairs of eyes trained themselves on Dahyun and the new girl almost immediately. 

"This is Mina," responded Dahyun, gently pulling her arm and leading her closer to the other girls, who stepped closer to examine the subject. "She said she's a new trainee. And she's from Japan!" Mina didn't say anything but stared at the ground, abashed and unsure what to do. Dahyun patted her hand, then proceeded to name the occupants of the room. "That's Nayeon, the oldest. She acts like a baby sometimes. But she takes good care of us younger girls."

Nayeon glared daggers at Dahyun for calling a baby before promptly morphing her scowl into a wide smile. "Welcome. I hope you'll enjoy being here."

"Over there are Jeongyeon and Momo. Jeongyeon is like a fussy mom. She's always cleaning and telling us what to do. Momo likes to eat."

"There's more to me than that!" complained Momo. 

"Like what?" chuckled Nayeon. 

"I can dance!" 

"Oh yeah," Dahyun shrugged. "She's also the best dancer in our group. That's Sana - she's Japanese just like Momo and you, and she makes really good spring rolls according to JYP." 

Sana rolled her eyes. "Could you at least tell her of my more qualifying traits, please?"

"Oh, sure. She's really, really good at dancing to Girls Generation's 'Mr. Taxi'."

"DAHYUN!" The yowl sounded like a wounded shiba inu dog (Dahyun couldn't say she knew what that sounded like, but she could only guess it resembled it). 

"Sorry, moving on. Next in line is Jihyo. She's a really good singer. And she's been here for a long, long time. Plus, she's acts sort of as our leader, I suppose. She straightens out the others when things get rough."

("She'll never straighten me-mfffgh!" Dahyun swore she heard someone say that before a hand was clamped over their mouth.)

"This is my bud, Chaeyoung," Dahyun grinned as she gestured toward her friend. "We're the rappers and we often work together a lot to perfect ourselves. She has a bit of issue with her height, you see--"

"Oi!" Chaeyoung swatted her. "Shut up!" She turned to Mina and offered an apologetic smile. "Hehe, Dubu really isn't one to think before she speaks as you can see."

"Dubu?" Mina looked confused. "Who's Dubu?"

"Me!" Dahyun found springing to attention for some reason. "Kim Dahyun at your service." Mina gave a light chuckle and Dahyun felt a familiar tingle in her heart at the sound. "I'm called 'Dubu" or Tofu because of my skin, you see. " She pinched her arm lightly, demonstrating it's elasticity. 

"Finally, our youngest girl is Tzuyu, from Taiwan. She's the tallest, even though she's nearly the same age as Chaeyoung, who is very sho--" Dahyun ducked as a series of furious poundings came at her.

"Chu...Chewy?" Mina played with the unfamilar word. "Chui?" (Note: Japanese pronunciation.)

"No, no," laughed Sana, "Chewy."

"Oh, I see," nodded Mina who clearly looked as if she see at all.

"So, where are you from, Mina?" Jihyo asked pleasantly and appreciatively slowly for the girl to understand.

"I'm from Kobe, Japan." She said, turning bashfully again. She played with her fingers. "That's near Osaka, one of the big cities in Japan."

"See, Sana?" shouted Momo suddenly, almost gleefully. "I told you another one of us would come by eventually!"

"You said that something like four years ago!" retorted the brunette, shaking a finger at her ecstatic friend. 

"Guys, shush, you'll scare the newbie," scolded Jeongyeon, sidling up next to Mina. "How old you?"

Mina gazed at her wide-eyed and tongue-tied. "I'm...I'm...seventeen years old..." 

"Oh, same as me," declared Jihyo. "I guess you and I can be the 97-line! Great to have you with us, Mina. I hope you'll enjoy training alongside us."

"I hope I do, too," whispered Mina in her tiny voice again. "Thank you for welcoming me so nicely." And that's when Dahyun realized the tears were beginning to well in her soft eyes and she turned away and covered her face. 

"Oh you, come here," said Nayeon, gently pulling the crying girl into her arms. "Don't cry, don't cry." The tears that ran off Mina's face seemed like diamonds flashing in the light of the dance room, and she was mesmerized. 

"We're here to work hard toward our goals," said Jihyo firmly, dabbing at the corner of her eye and pretending she wasn't affected at all. Work hard for ourselves, and for each other. We're going to be a family, and you're part of us now, Mina. I hope you enjoy it."

Dahyun wanted to add something else in an act of encouragement, but she once again found herself in wonderment as Mina dried her tear-stained face and gave a few sniffs to make sure her bout had completely stopped. She hadn't quite seen anyone so mysteriously wonderful, so delicately amazing, so flawlessly beautiful, in her life. She felt her heart flutter as Mina thanked her for her introduction. She could barely stammer out her reply "y-your welcome."

How can someone like this even exist?

 

God, she's so pretty.