Chapter 3

What Happens in Vegas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was worried about keeping his new phone number secret from his parents from the moment he got it, and only when he and Joon were boarding the plane at LAX did he relax. Joonmyun had been reassuring him that his parents wouldn’t be able to get hold of him this time, but the worry was still there. They’d somehow got his number without him even telling them. It was as if they’d hired the FBI to track him down. Luckily for him, this phone had been altered by a close friend of Joon’s. If his parents tried to call him, it would go straight to voicemail. 

The two of them slept the entire flight to Vegas, arriving early afternoon on Friday. Joon had his head on Kris’s shoulder when he woke up shortly before landing, earning him some funny looks from the flight attendants when the passengers started to disembark. Kris had left his work at home and was ready to enjoy the weekend with Joon, even if it did mean spending more money on alcohol than he cared to think about and potentially picking up some unwanted attention despite the fact that he clearly wasn’t interested. 

One thing was clear though, and that was that Joonmyun was insistent on making his best friend forget about all his troubles. 

The two of them were hopping into a taxi and on the way to the hotel Joonmyun had picked before either of them spoke.

“You are not allowed to answer any calls, texts, or emails related to work,” Joonmyun informed him as he took Kris’s phone from him, “and if your parents somehow get hold of this number I’ll throw it in the fountain.”

Kris had no doubt that he would. 

When they arrived at the hotel, they checked in and went straight up to the room. Kris had suggested that they both go and grab a bite to eat before they start the night as neither of them had eaten anything since before the flight. Airplane food was not their taste. 

Joonmyun had booked them the penthouse suite in one of the nicest hotels in Vegas, insisting that they go for the full experience and not worry about the money. Not that either of them had anything to worry about coming from rich families. 

The room consisted of a king sized bed with large ensuite bathroom, golden bedsheets and large windows that looked out across the strip. A bottle of champagne lay in an ice bucket on the varnished table, next to a box of expensive chocolates. No doubt they would be tucking into them sometime soon. 

Kris threw his bag down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter