Chapter 2

What Happens in Vegas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock on the wall was taunting him. The watch on his wrist was taunting him. The sound of people outside enjoying their day was also taunting him, and it was only ten o’clock in the morning. 

For what could only be the thirtieth time in the past half an hour, Chanyeol gazed out of the shop window in longing, wishing he could be out there enjoying the sun rather than waiting to serve the non-existent customers. Business was slow, and there really wasn’t any need for Chanyeol to even be there, but his boss had insisted on him coming in on his day off because Sehun apparently wasn’t feeling well. Chanyeol wouldn’t have complained, but he wasn’t even getting paid for it. The only reason he’d agreed to come in was that his boss had threatened to fire him if he didn’t, and he desperately needed this job, no matter how little it paid. The bills weren’t going to pay themselves, and he was already a month behind on rent. 

Letting out a sigh as yet another potential customer passed by without even looking in the window, he wondered if both his watch and the clock were wrong and it was in fact lunchtime. With nobody there to chastise him, he took out his phone to see if the time on his phone was any different. Much to his dismay, it wasn’t. His battery - much like his motivation level - was also low. Brilliant. 

Nobody was around and his boss had nipped out to run a few errands - experience told Chanyeol that errands usually meant hookups - so he had the place to himself. Leaving his position behind the counter he wandered over to the window. He enjoyed people watching. Saturdays were the best days to people watch, especially if the sun was out. Young children being dragged around the shops by their parents, teenagers loitering outside the grocery store across the street, and a verbal fight between a man and a woman was all the street had to offer today. Aside from the fight, nothing interesting was happening - at least, nothing that would get him through the next six hours without him wanting to die right there. 

Half an hour passed by very slowly. Nothing very exciting was happening outside, so Chanyeol decided to walk around the store and rearrange the figurines again. Nobody had been in the shop since Thursday. Sehun hadn’t touched any of the stock, nothing had been moved, but Chanyeol had to at least pretend he was doing something. Rearranging stock would occupy him for a little while. 

Sixteen dancing mice on the top shelf, arranged in alphabetical order of which dance they were performing. Chanyeol’s favourite was the ballerina. On the second shelf, was statues of various animals - again in alphabetical order. Chanyeol did wonder why the store only had one shelf of animals in drag, but then again he didn’t really care. All he had to do was scan the barcodes on the bottom and take money from people, not give them a history lesson. 

A grand total of twenty minutes had passed once Chanyeol had rearranged, repositioned, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter