01.5

Coffee and Flowers

Guess who spent his whole day messing up orders, impossibly dropping more than 5 plates today, and kept on dazing off whenever Taekwoon called him?

 

Jaehwan.

 

The boy was perfectly fine yesterday, so Taekwoon couldn’t really think of any reason as to why Jaehwan was such a mess today. He understands if the plate suddenly slipped off his hands, but they really just dropped—just like that. So Taekwoon decided he’s had enough and sat with Jaehwan just as they’re about to close for the day and asked him just what the is going on.

“What do you mean hyung? I’m perfectly fine today,” Jaehwan said, and he clearly wasn’t getting the message.

“Define ‘fine’, since I don’t think dropping the dishes and dazing off for the whole day is what you call ‘fine’, Jaehwan,” he bickered back.

“Ok, you got a point there, but really I’m alright. I’m not sick or anything like that.”

Jaehwan seemed to be just as confused as Taekwoon was, but before he was asked anything else, he declared that maybe the coffee’s taking a toll on him, and all he needs is just some good sleep.

“Hey, have you seen my scarf anywhere?” he asked all of a sudden.

 

Taekwoon forgot to mention he’s kinda forgetful.

 

“Jaehwan, you literally gave it to Wonshik today, remember? Early in the morning?” Taekwoon reminded him with a tone similar to a mother reminding her child for the 5th time that day.

 

“Wonshik? Who—oh,” and just as soon as he remembered who this ‘Wonshik’ was, his face turned red in an instant.

 

Oh.

 

Interesting.

 

Now, the thing is, Taekwoon has teased Jaehwan multiple times before. The kid would always turn shy and bashful—it was honestly quite cute, he had to admit—with his cheeks dusted a soft shade of pink.

 

But this?

 

He was flushed red, up until the tips of his ears, and Taekwoon’s pretty confident its not because he’s freezing.

 

“Would you like to tell me something, Jaehwan?” Taekwoon playfully asked him.

 

There was a lingering thought in Jaehwan, something he wasn’t so sure of himself. He thought that maybe his mind was too preoccupied with the cute customer earlier today, but he brushed it off and decided to keep quiet on that matter. He’ll figure it out on his own.

“N-no, let’s just go home ok, I need a lot of sleep right now,” and thus Jaehwan quickly pushed his way out of the café, leaving Taekwoon inside just to think and process things.

 

Taekwoon didn’t miss their small interaction that morning. He’d always been an observant guy. Jaehwan’s a sociable butterfly indeed, but he doesn’t really talk to any random customer just like how he did to Wonshik. Most certainly, he also wouldn’t have just willingly given his scarf to a person he just met. Taekwoon just chuckled at the thought and hurried up to catch up with him.

 

He thought the two were quite cute honestly, he’s never seen Jaehwan so bashful before.

 

They walked silently for a bit, both a bit too exhausted to really say anything.

 

But Jaehwan being Jaehwan, the kid couldn’t shut up for at least 5 minutes. And so there he is, bickering about how cold it is, even though he knew exactly who he gave his scarf to.

Taekwoon being Taekwoon just partially listened to whatever he said, occasionally humming so it seemed like he was actually paying attention. His mind was too preoccupied at the thought that his friend here might be developing a crush.

 

And he can’t wait to tell Hakyeon.

 


 

Wonshik and Hakyeon were just about to head back, until Hakyeon saw his red scarf.

Thinking back, Wonshik was unusually happy today.

Don’t get him wrong, Wonshik is probably the brightest, fluffiest child Hakyeon ever knew of, but today, he was really happy.

 

Hakyeon wonders why.

 

“Hey, Shik?”

Wonshik merely hummed in reply as he cleaned up the counter.

“When did you get that red scarf?”

Wonshik nearly dropped the pot that he was holding, and his ears immediately flushed red. He seemed nervous for some reason.

“U-um, its actually not mine—someone gave it to me, earlier today,” he said bashfully.

“Name?”

“J-jaehwan, he’s new around here.”

Hakyeon simply cooed at his behavior.

He had always found Wonshik cute, the way how he smiles would always put a smile on Hakyeon’s face too. Wonshik would always flush to a shade of pink whenever Hakyeon complimented him, whenever he’s shy, and whenever he he talks about flowers—something he absolutely adores and loves—and Wonshik seemed to be very shy and pink talking about this ‘Jaehwan’ guy.

 

“I’d love to talk more about this ‘Jaehwan’ of yours, but guessing from how exhausted we both look, let’s just head home for now, yeah?”

“Y-yeah, sure. Let me just get my things, I’ll meet you outside,” he said as he went to the storage room.

 

Hakyeon didn’t miss the soft smile on Wonshik’s face when he mentioned ‘Jaehwan’. He also didn’t miss the way how Wonshik entered the shop this morning with light steps and a face brighter than other days.

He’s happy that Wonshik’s happy, and he’s definitely intrigued in this ‘Jaehwan’ guy he mentioned.

 

Because something is going on between them, he’s sure about it.

 

Walking home, Hakyeon decided to ask more questions about this ‘Jaehwan’ dude, but only a little. He didn’t want to reduce Wonshik into a puddle just yet, and he makes a mental note to not tease Wonshik too much on this matter.

Hakyeon knew only some things about Jaehwan, like how he’s the new employee in Taek’s café, how he’s just slightly taller than Wonshik. He didn’t miss Wonshik’s light steps and soft voice as he talked about how handsome Jaehwan is, and how he was very kind to give him a scarf.

Frankly, Hakyeon is sure that Wonshik might be developing a crush, but he doesn’t blurt it out just yet. Their day ended with more cooing and teasing from Hakyeon to the younger, and Wonshik being an utter mess, being impossibly redder than how he already was.

 

Hakyeon can’t wait to tell Taekwoon about this.

 

 

a/n: hello guys!! i know i promised to upload at April, but school's been so mean lately so i've been swamped with assignments every week :'-))

this isn't actually the full 2nd chapter, there'll be a 2.5! its just that i thought the amount of words would be too much for one chapter, so i divided them into 2 parts. this is sort of a filler, but also not a filler? in a way. i guess. 

i'm still not too fond of my 2nd chapter, but i have to continue either way!! i hope i can upload it real soon~

anyways, that explains why this chapter is a tad bit shorter !  

either way, i hope you guys enjoyed reading it!! comments make me motivated to write more so please do~

 

thankyou, until next time!