Preview

Coffee and Flowers

Wonshik would always go to the coffee shop at the corner of the street.

It wasn’t really well known, but he loved it since it was small and conveniently placed a few blocks further away from his shop. It’s interior was comfortable, with its round tables scattered in the shop, the vibrant and various flowers that adorned the entrance and the tables, and the freshly baked cakes and small treats on display. He dragged himself inside the cafe, and he was immediately greeted with warmth and the aromatic smell of coffee. He was still trying to blink away his sleepiness, that is until he heard a cheerful “hello” from behind the counter.

 

Now he was fully awake.

 

Not because he was intrigued by the smoothness and happy tone of the voice, no, not at all.

 

Nor was it because he wanted to see who’s voice it could possibly belong to, no.

 

Wonshik would never admit these things, he simply just wanted to know since it was a different voice than the familiar employee whom he’d always meet every morning (and maybe to see who could be this cheerful at 7 am in the morning).

As soon as he looked up, he swore that his breath got caught in his throat, his eyes were blinded by the clerk’s stunning bright smile, and his heart pounded violently against his chest.

Because Wonshik was definitely not awestrucked with how perfect this man looked, ok he (finally) admits that he is.

He brought up his courage to go up to the counter, and probably the first time after an approximate 6 months, he stuttered while ordering his regular drink.

“A h-hot ch-chocolate please”, he swore he would never mess up when ordering a simple plain hot chocolate, but seems like he proved himself wrong.

“One hot chocolate, is that all? Would you like to order anything else?” the clerk, which his nametag read ‘Jaehwan’, chirped.

“N-No.” he stuttered out. Gosh, his mouth should stop following whatever his heart is doing because Wonshik is so sure he had weirded this cute clerk out already (although Jaehwan thinks otherwise).

“Name?”

“Wonshik”.

As Jaehwan went off to make his order, Wonshik decided to scramble to his seat.

His heart was beating irregularly in his chest even as he sat down at his usual spot, at the corner of the cafe. He tried to calm his heart down, he figured he still had a lot of time, it’s still 7:10 am after all. He relaxed himself as he listened to the soft piano tune from the cafe. Wonshik had always loved the morning visits to the cafe, where the cafe had no customers yet and he felt like all of his stress could finally be washed away. He nearly dozed off to sleep (again), but the chocolate scent alerted him awake.

Jaehwan brought his order to the table, and Wonshik mumbled a soft ‘thank you’ to him. He thought that Jaehwan couldn’t have heard it, so he stared at his drink with slight embarrassment.

He took his first sip and felt great relief and warmth wash all over his body, his mood just improved a ton today, solely because of this morning. He expected Jaehwan to go back to the counter and clean up, while waiting for other customers.

What he didn’t expect was for him to sit right across him.

Great, just, great.

“Hi, I hope you don’t mind me sitting here?” Jaehwan asked almost bashfully, “its still in the morning so there isn’t much to do anyways, I’m still waiting for my co-worker to arrive soon.”

“U-uh, sure, that’s fine I guess.”

“Great!”

They were silent for about 5 minutes, Wonshik seemingly trying hard to avoid staring too obviously at the impossibly handsome clerk in front of him. Jaehwan merely hummed alongside the music tunes, which Wonshik found to be extremely soothing.

 

Wonshik kept on stumbling on his words, but he finally decided to build up his courage to ask a question.

 

 


what could Wonshik possibly ask to Jaehwan?  im jokin' its nothing serious lmao

this is a small preview of the first chapter! i can only show you so much, since i still have to edit and recheck the other parts. 

hopefully i can fully upload the first chapter by the end of next week! 

thank you for reading!! comments are always very much appreciated!