Two

Straying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His POV

 

 

 

Stripping out of my sweat-soaked tee, I dropped down to the cold hard floor of the dance practice room. I grabbed the small towel nearby to wipe off the sweat that covered my face and neck. I looked up to the white ceiling, taking countless deep breaths to ease the aching muscles all over my body. Turning to my left to check the time, it showed fifteen minutes to five in the morning. “Time flies...” I murmured to myself, closing my eyes in an attempt to have a short power nap before heading back to home.

 

The consistent ringing of my phone woke me up from the nap. Springing up like a jack-in-a-box, I rushed to my backpack to fish out my phone.

 

“Myungsoo!”

I wasn’t even able to get a word in edgeways and the girl on the other end was already calling out my name with her high-pitched shrill, causing me to pull the phone away from my ear.

“Where are you?!” she asked, “I thought you agreed to go on a date with me?!”

 

Instantly, I looked over to the clock on the wall. , I mentally cursed myself for taking such a long power nap. “Babe, I'm sorry for being late... I was caught up with something earlier. Please wait a little, I'll be there in fifteen!” As soon as I hung up the call, I dashed into the washroom and had the quickest shower in my life before flipping my locker upside down to find some half-decent clothes to wear. And I was glad that there was one big tee and a pair of ripped jeans kept hidden under a mountain of mess and old socks.

 

Checking my reflection in the mirror one last time before adding a final puff of aftershave, I was ready to go. And I made it right on time to meet my baby, Hyeri.

 

The second she caught sight of me, she ran to me and jumped up to land a peck on my lips, saying, “I've missed you, Myungsoo!”

 

“Hey, be careful, my lady,” shaking my head at her action, I wondered when she would grow up now that she was close to becoming a mother. “I've missed you too,” I said before returning her peck with a kiss on her forehead. “How have you been doing? Does he know you're back in Korea?”

 

Hyeri dropped her head and slumped her shoulders. “He doesn't know... and worse, he doesn't seem to be bothered about where I am...”

 

I pulled her into a hug. “It's okay. I'm here for you. You know my door is always open for you, you’re welcome any time.”

 

“Thank you, Myungsoo.”

 

I pulled her away from me and ruffled her hair with a smile on my face. Just then she shot me the most unexpected question.

 

“When are you going to settle down with Hisaya?”

 

I dropped my hand off her and shoved them in my pockets. Letting out a heavy sigh, I whispered, “No idea.”

 

“Why not?” She asked as we started to walk our way to downtown Seoul, her favorite hangout place.

 

Bringing a hand up to rub my neck, I chuckled a little and answered teasingly, “Because now I've got a pregnant wife to take care of!”

 

Gently she hit my arm and protested, “Hey! Please always bare in mind that I’m sold out.”

 

And I chuckled at her answer.

 

“Myungsoo, actually I’m kinda curious about how you guys became an item. I didn’t know a nerdy girl like her could get a cool idol guy like you to fall head over heels for her.”

 

I could sense something fishy about the way she asked about our love story. “By chance, did you know her?”

 

Nodding her head, she answered, “We used to be classmates in high school. She was always the top student, and I was always stuck in second place, right behind her, every time.” She stopped walking upon seeing the ddukbokki shop, her all-time favorite and grabbed my hand to enter the shop. “A table for two!” she told the lady behind the stove and led us to our favorite spot at the end of the shop. “Where was I?” She asked with her hands busy wiping the cutlery on the table. I could never really stand her OCD for cleanliness. “Oh yea, so during school, I had this love-hate relationship with her. I tried my best to beat her and be the top, but I always failed for five straight years! And to rub salt in my wound, she had our student council president falling head over heels for her! Dude, I had a crush on him for the longest time and he turned his attention to her?!” she scoffed at the memory and watching how she spoke of their stories had me bursting into laughter. I could seriously see the fume leave her ears and the anger fill her eyes when she mentioned her crush.

 

“Babe, that’s already the past. Now you’ve done so much better than that! You dumped the long list of chaebols and bagged an English professor as your husband!”

 

She paused and stared at me before nodding her head, agreeing with what I had said. “Yea, you’re right...”

 

Just then our dishes arrived, stealing our breath and attention.

 

“Let’s eat,” I said.

 

“How did you guys actually meet then?” Once again the question came hitting up on me when she pushed all the remaining food to me, a sign she was full.

 

“Fate.” The word that slipped out of my mouth shocked not only Hyeri but myself as well. I’d never been a believer of such superstitious things and yet here I was saying that word out loud! And then I felt a slap at the back of my head.

 

“Stop joking around. I’m being serious here.” Hyeri warned with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

 

Slurping down the final drop of soup, I took the handkerchief to wipe my mouth before facing Hyeri with a serious expression. “I'm telling you the truth.” Tucking her loose hair, I said calmly, “She is a loyal fan of Infinite. She was always there for all our fanmeets and concerts. I never really paid attention to her until one day when she called me out while I was in disguise, strolling around Itaewon on my day off. She caught me at just a glance. But I knew straight away that she was different, because she didn’t alert others and prevented me from being surrounded by fans.”

 

“Then? How did the sparks come around?”

 

I chuckled at Hyeri’s eagerness and impatience. “Chill my lady, the is here to be delivered.”

 

Hyeri just rolled her eyes at me.

 

“Since I got to know her name and kind of recognized her from the crowd after that enc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter