008. Locket, Heechul/Sungmin

100 Super Junior Fics Challenge (Complete: 6/100)

“Gosh! Hurry up, dude!” Heechul whined, already a few metres ahead of the struggling Sungmin.

“Not my fault I don’t have freakishly long legs, hyung! Where are we going anyway? It’s cold!” Sungmin yelled back with frozen lips, a little annoyed.

“You’ll see.”

“And why are we going there?”

“You’ll see.”

Sungmin huffed and pouted unknowingly as he tried to catch up. The cold and his short legs were slowing him down and he was hungry and tired. It was 4:30 am. “Was it really necessary to do this now?”

“No, not really. I just happened to think of it now.”

Sungmin stopped in his tracks. “Do you mean to tell me that you dragged me out of my warm bed and into the freaking cold wind to take me somewhere that you won’t tell me at 4am in the morning and it could have been done later?” He cried, outraged.

“Yeah. So what? A little exercise never hurt anyone. Hurry up, we’re close now.”

“And now you’re saying I’m fat?!” Sungmin screeched.

Somewhere close by, a cat scowled and a dog barked. “Shut up, you’ll wake people up!”

“Seriously..” Sungmin sighed. You could never win against Kim Heechul the almighty cat woman man.

 They were at the town museum, as Sungmin noticed, and as they approached the door, Heechul pulled out a silver key from his coat pocket. It was quite large and glittered softly in the moonlight. Strangely enough, the streetlamps were all dead in the street.

“The museum?” Sungmin questioned in a whisper, suddenly slightly scared and aware.

“Yeah. It’s my Grandfather’s key. He worked here and told me to find something. I didn’t know what, but he’d left me strange clues. I still don’t know what I’m looking for, but I thought it’d be better it I actually tried searching.” Heechul answered his tone uncertain yet filled with a playful spark.

“Right… And why’d you drag me along?”

“You were the first person I saw.” Heechul grinned a wicked grin and winked suspiciously.

The door creaked slightly as it opened.