051. Aliens, Ryeowook/Kyuhyun

100 Super Junior Fics Challenge (Complete: 6/100)

For keydongho93 ~

 

“Ugh ! I am never falling asleep to the sounds of your stupid video game ever again!” Ryeowook groaned, waking up on a Sunday morning that was a tad bit too bright in his opinion.

 He’d dreamt a very strange dream that he prayed he wouldn’t have to relive. Or, re-dream, for that matter.

 “Kyu…?” he asked, glancing around their shared room with sleepy eyes when the younger didn’t reply. Deciding Kyuhyun was still asleep, Ryeowook got out of bed quietly so he didn’t wake him and tip-toed to the door, grabbing a towel on the way. He was the type of person that couldn’t fall asleep again once he’d woken up in the morning, no matter how early it was or how little he’d slept so he decided he’d make use of the time by having a rare, long, hot shower.

 Just as he reached the door however, it flung open nearly hitting him in the face. His reflexes really weren’t that great at 5 am. Outside the door stood an incredibly hyper Kyuhyun who was rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet, his eyes shining and looking dressed and ready to go out.

 “Ryeowook-ah! Guess what day it is~” he practically sang as he flew into their room causing the still half asleep Ryeowook to stumble over a discarded pair of jeans that were on the floor and land on his bottom near his bed.

 “Oh sorry hyung!” Kyuhyun screeched and rushed over to help the fumbling Ryeowook to stand up and Ryeowook winced slightly at the loudness of his voice.

 “Kyuhyun, be quiet! You’re too loud!” Ryeowook scolded, although it didn’t come out very harsh due to his weary state.

 “Sorry hyung.” He stage whispered.

 Ryeowook could only scoff. “You can stop calling me hyung now. I know it’s your birthday, we’ll go to the shops later and I’ll buy you a game.”

 Kyuhyun’s grin shone brighter than the sun and he reached over and pulled Ryeowook into a crushing hug making him choke.

 “Kyu-kyuhyun!  l-let go! C-can’t br-breathe! D-dying.”

 Kyuhyun only loosened his grip a tad, still hugging his hyung-but-not-really.

 ---

 As they approached the store, Ryeowook began mentally preparing himself for what was to come. An incredibly amount of grinning, fanboying, gushing… Ryeowook sighed, already used to it from earlier years, but hoping that Kyuhyun had matured at least a tiny bit all the same.

  No such luck.

 They reached the store and Ryeowook was already scared to go inside, “Happy Birthday Kyu! Go and pick out the one game you reeally want to buy, okay? Just one though! Remember that!” He half-yelled with a smile watching Kyuhyun already scramble to get into the always crowded shop. It’s South Korea, Everyone plays video games! Ryeowook could only groan at the thought of following him in there.

 After about an hour, Kyuhyun had successfully shown Ryeowook all the games he already owned and told him about the special edition ones he also had which weren’t on the shelves because they were special and limited and what-not. He was finally ready to actually buy something new.

 It took him a while, but Kyuhyun finally found something he wanted to buy.

 “How about this one?” Kyuhyun asked, picking up a game from a shelf, his eyes tearing up at the thought of having to choose just one!

 Ryeowook looked at the cover. It said something about aliens and had guys dressed in incredible amounts of armour with incredibly heavy looking guns hanging from belts around their waists. Ryeowook’s pondering of how they could lift their legs let alone run around and fight was cut short by Kyuhyun’s excessive gushing about said game.

 “You know Changmin? Yeah, he said this is really good! Well not this exact one cause like, it came out yesterday but he has the one before, like the version 1 one. This is version 2. Anyways as I was saying, he said it has really awesome graphics and it looks really real and the sounds are…”

 Ryewook tuned out, looking back at the cover Kyuhyun was holding in his hands like a precious baby. Scratch that, He was holding it better than he held babies. Ryeowook let out a scoff at the memories of him and Kyumin*.

 “What?” Kyuhyun asked abruptly, noticing his friend’s lack of interest and hearing the laugh.

 Ryeowook gave Kyuhyun a sheepish grin. “Kyuhyun-ah, I had a dream last night.”

 Kyuhyun looked baffled and hurt at his hyung’s random outburst about not-his-game. “So did I…”

 Ryeowook laughed, “No Kyuhyun-ah, I fell asleep listening to you playing your stup- uhh your game that you were playing last night…”

 Kyuhyun looked at his hyung suspiciously. “Aaand…?”

 “I had a dream about aliens.” Ryeowook replied quietly.

 Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up. “You whaat? Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Ryeowook-ah! That’s so exciting! I’ve never actually had a dream about any of my games. My friends have, I mean Changmin has and he told me about his and it was so cool and now I’m really jealous that you did too! Tell me what happened!” Kyuhyun gush once again, and all in one breath too!

 Ryeowook chuckled and reached up to ruffle Kyuhyun’s hair. “You know who else was in the dream Kyu?” – he hesitated, seeing Kyuhyun eagerly urging him on – “You.”

 The younger took a step back and a confused look took over his face. He pointed to himself, “Me?”

 Ryeowook nodded. “You.”

 “But me?!”

 Ryeowook sighed, “Yes, you. And you know who else?” – Kyuhyun shook his head – “Me; you and me and aliens.”

 “What? Why? What happened?” Kyuhyun asked with genuine disbelief and Ryeowook felt like reaching up and pinching his cheeks, he looked so cute. But it would be kinda awkward cause he’s so much shorter…

 “Well you see, the aliens were the bad guys, obviously, and I, was fighting them and trying to rescue you, the princess.”

 “Oh…” Kyuhyun responded quietly, not quite satisfied with the lack of detail. It took him a few seconds before he realised what Ryeowook had really said though. “Wait what?! PRINCESS?!”

 “Yeah,” Ryeowook grabbed Kyuhyun’s shoulders and looked him straight in the eye, “You make an ugly girl, NEVER wear a dress….Never!”

 They both shuddered at the thought as Ryeowook pulled away and Kyuhyun timidly placed the cover back on the shelf with trembling hands.

 “I don’t think we should get the alien game hyung. Do you want ice-cream? I want ice-cream. Let’s go.” Kyuhyun said suddenly, grabbing Ryeowook’s arm.

 Ryeowook nodded and let himself be pulled out of the shop still half thinking of Kyuhyun in a dress. Shaking his head, he muttered to himself, “Never again, Ryeowook, never again. I’d rather buy him more alien games…”

 

 

 *Leeteuk and SISTAR’s baby from season 4 of Hello Baby. 

---

 

that was fun to write :D