066. Mice, Eeteuk/Donghae

100 Super Junior Fics Challenge (Complete: 6/100)

It was a rare day; one on which none of the 9 remaining members of Super Junior had any schedules to attend. The night before, they’d all agreed that no one should be up before atleast 12, but the habit of getting up early had gotten the better of them and so, on that very rare day, 7 of them, minus Ryeowook and Sungmin who were in the kitchen, sat at an incredibly noisy and crowded table at 8 in the morning.

 Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun sat side by side, slumped over each other and still half asleep at one end of the table (They were both pulled from their beds, that morning like any other) while Leeteuk sat at the other end fretting over Shindong and Siwon as they whined about going out.

 “But hyung, this is one of the only chances I have to go to the gym! Hyung you know how hard it is for me to go normally!”

 Leeteuk turned to his right and gave Siwon and incredulous look, sweeping his eyes along the broad shoulders and muscled arms. “You look like that,” he gestured toward the still frowning Siwon, “and you still say you don’t go to the gym enough?”

 Siwon looked taken aback but replied with a whatever hyung and returned to reading the bible that was clutched tightly in his hands.

 Sighing, Leeteuk turned to Shindong on his left who wouldn’t stop touching his phone, making sure that backlight didn’t go out so he could still see the picture of himself and Nari that he had lovingly set as his wallpaper. Every so often, Shindong would pick up his phone and show either Leeteuk or Donghae who was sitting on his left, the picture asking things like ‘Isn’t she so beautiful?’ and ‘Waah god must love me!’ making Siwon look over at every mention of the holy man. 

 Donghae, on the other hand, who seemed half lost and as if he was in another world, had been intently studying the man sitting right across the table from him and how he talked to his unusual pets.

 Turtles. Who had turtles as pets? But Yesung seemed so at ease with the turtles, seemingly communicating with them that he wondered if he should buy a strange pet too. The thought was reinforced by Leeteuk when he gathered the group and suggested going to the park.

 “Donghae-ya, we can stop by the pet store too! I wonder which new breeds have come in…” Leeteuk trailed off and the whole group began to murmur about the possibilities of their favourite breeds being in store.

 Somewhere not too far away, Yesung could be heard murmuring to his turtles again. “I wonder if I should buy another turtle. Ddangkkoma, do you need more friends?”

 ---

 That particular pet store was one frequented by Super Junior. Heechul had gone there to buy food for his cats, Yesung had gone there to buy food for his turtles and dogs, infact he’d bought the turtles there in the first place! The owners, therefore, were quite familiar with the members and weren’t at all surprised when they all turned up at the small corner shop. 

 Looking around, Donghae saw lizards flicking their tongues in and out and different types of colourful fish that swam and swished their tails and birds that sang different songs…but nothing in particular had caught his eye.

 Yesung had run off to the turtle enclosure while the other members huddled around the puppy enclosures, cooing over the poodles that ran around and played with each other. There was a small brown one that resembled Kyuhyun’s hair and Eunhyuk couldn’t help but lift the puppy onto Kyuhyun’s head, laughing when it all but disappeared making Kyuhyun’s head an odd shape of fluffiness!

 As Donghae gave the shop one last lookover as they left however, he spotted one glass enclosure that he hadn’t noticed before and from that moment on, he decided that he wouldn’t be the only Super Junior member with an odd pet.

 ---

 The next morning, at 4am mind you, the members were unpleasantly woken up by a series of high pitched screams. Poor Leeteuk had been woken up by the noises of scampering and nibbling and scampering and nibbling and he had formed an unpleasant idea of what those noises could indicate before he dared opening his eyes against the slowly rising sun.

 And he was right.

 The clothes that usually lived on the floor of Leeteuk’s room had been thoroughly chewed through by none other than 2 white mice.

 “My clothes!,” Leeteuk shrieked, not daring to get down from his bed as the other members began to gather around the door. “They-they’re…LOOK AT THEM! All my beautiful clothes! WHY ARE THERE MICE IN MY HOUSE!?”

 Donghae, who had been sleepily leaning on Eunhyuk at the back of the group, was startled at the mention of mice.

  It couldn’t be…but I locked them in the bo-

 Rushing back into his room to check, Donghae realised that putting hungry mice with sharp teeth in a thin cardboard box had been a horrible idea. There was a hole chewed right through the side at the bottom of the box and somehow the two rascals had ended up in Leeteuk’s room throughout the night.

 Meanwhile, the others had noticed a lack of Donghae, who had resorted to hiding in his room, under his blanket.

 Leeteuk’s voice, sounding even meaner than when he had yelled at Kyuhyun in those first few weeks echoed around the dorm. “LEE DONGHAE, YOU GET IN MY ROOM RIGHT NOW!”

 Donghae whimpered and shakily left the warmth of his bed, heading towards his door slower than any one of Yesung’s turtles.

 “RIGHT NOW I SAID!” there was that voice again.

 And the members knew that Donghae would be in for a looong night

 

---

 

yeah idek.

BUT HEYYY THIS IS FUN :D.