chapter 6

What to Expect When You Weren't Expecting to Be Expecting

Sehun made it to school three whole minutes before the bell to signal the start of first period rang.  The coffee shop had just hit its morning rush right before he left, and he had stuck around a few extra minutes to help out while his relief clocked in and took over for him.  If these past two mornings were anything to go by, Sehun had a feeling he was going to be short on time more often than not for the foreseeable future.  He wasn’t looking forward to it.

As he rushed to his English class he kept an eye out for Jongin.  Jongin had finally read Sehun’s texts at some point during his morning shift.  He hadn’t responded, though, and it made Sehun a little bit nervous.  He wasn’t sure what kind of attitude to expect from Jongin when he saw him, but the lack of response told him it couldn’t be anything good.

Part of him was afraid Jongin would continue ignoring him.  If that was the case he would have a hard time getting through the day having to share the majority of his classes with him.  He needed to apologize for not talking to him until now, and he could see himself unintentionally making a scene in any one of their shared classes trying to do so if Jongin wouldn’t listen willingly.  Not that he had a problem making a scene in class, he’d done it plenty of times before.  He just didn’t want to upset Jongin more than he obviously already was.

He made it to class right on time, and was surprised to see Jongin already sitting in his usual seat looking… pretty normal, actually.  If Sehun didn’t know better he would never have guessed there was anything wrong with him.  Sehun slid into his seat next to Jongin like he did every class and dropped his backpack on the floor by his chair.

“Hi,” Sehun said cautiously after watching Jongin pointedly not look up from the game on his phone for a few seconds.

“Hey.” 

Well, he didn’t sound like he was upset, but he didn’t sound like he was particularly happy, either.  Of course, a single word wasn’t much to go on.  “How are you?”  Sehun tried again, hoping for more of a reaction.

“I’m good,” Jongin said, seemingly unbothered by anything as he continued his game.

“Oh.  Really?”

“Uh, yeah, really.”  Jongin finally looked at Sehun then, eyebrows raised slightly as if asking why he shouldn’t be.

Okay, that was weird.  Sehun had expected to be ignored.  He had expected to be yelled at.  He had expected anger and resentment and indignation.  He hadn’t expected… nothing.  Jongin was acting like it was any other normal day, like neither of their lives were totally different now.

Jongin had been devastated the last time Sehun had talked to him, and had run and hid from him the next day.  He hadn’t tried to contact Sehun after Sehun had essentially abandoned him two days ago, and hadn’t answered when Sehun tried to call him.  And now he was sitting next to Sehun like none of that had happened.  Sehun hadn’t gotten enough sleep to have the brain function required to figure out why Jongin was pretending he was perfectly fine.  Unless…

Unless he wasn’t pretending?  Maybe… maybe Sehun had read the situation wrong the day before.  He thought Jongin had been running away from him when he saw him at lunch, but maybe he wasn’t.  He could have been going to get an assignment that he had missed from the day before, and Sehun had just overreacted.  Maybe Jongin really was ok.  He certainly looked like he was alright.  Sehun wasn’t sure how he could be right now, what with having to alter all of his future plans because he was having a baby-

Oh no.  What if… what if Jongin had decided to get rid of it?  And he wasn’t stressed about it because it wouldn’t be a problem anymore?  Sehun felt his stomach drop through the floor at that thought.  He hadn’t even considered that option before, and he immediately felt guilty thinking it might make things easier for both of them if that’s what Jongin had chosen to do.  He didn’t necessarily want it to happen, but he wouldn’t argue if it did.  After all, it was Jongin's decision to make, and he would support whatever he wanted.  Temporarily forgetting where he was, he opened his mouth to tell Jongin just that, but was interrupted by the teacher entering the room and starting class.

---

Okay, you’re fine, you can do this.  He’s not going to say it in class.  He’s not that kind of person.  Just stay calm.  Breathe in, breathe out.  Jongin gave himself a mental pep talk when he saw Sehun enter the classroom out of the corner of his eye.  He had been anxiously awaiting his arrival all morning. 

When Jongin had woken up that morning and checked his phone he saw all of the notifications he had ignored the night before.  They were mostly calls and texts from Sehun saying that he needed to talk to him, but not saying what he needed to talk about.  Jongin was sure Sehun wanted to tell him that he was on his own, that Sehun didn’t want to be involved in such a negative situation.

Jongin's heart rate had kicked up a notch, and he locked his phone instead of answering anything.  He couldn’t bring himself to have that conversation just then.  He wanted to make it through the day as emotionally stable as possible, and he wouldn’t be able to after hearing something like that.  If he could just make it to the end of the day, then he would listen to anything Sehun had to say to him.  He could talk to Baekhyun about whatever happened, and he would have the entire weekend to recover.

When Sehun started talking to him after he sat down, Jongin thought he was going to say whatever he had to say right then and there, in front of all of their classmates.  It took all of his will power to answer him as casually as possible.  If he pretended everything was fine, maybe Sehun would leave him alone for the time being.  It seemed to be working; Sehun stopped talking and just looked at him for a few moments, his expression carefully neutral.

But then his face changed abruptly and he looked worried, which made Jongin anxious all over again.  Sehun wouldn’t actually out him in front of all those people, would he?  No, there was no way he would be that cruel.  Please, Sehun, don’t say it.  Wait until we’re alone.  No, close your mouth-

Jongin could have kissed the teacher for choosing that exact moment to walk in and stop Sehun from saying whatever he had been about to say.  Jongin shoved his phone into his hoodie pocket and focused intently on the front of the room where the teacher was taking a stack of papers out of his bag to return to their owners.

Sehun guessed he was lucky that he was stopped from saying something he didn’t actually want to say while in class, as frustrating as it was that it meant he had to wait even longer to say it.  He took one last look at Jongin, trying to catch his eye at least once to see if he could decipher any kind of emotion there, but Jongin refused to look his way again.  He changed tactics then, waiting until the teacher was occupied, and hiding his phone under his desk to text Jongin.

Jongin felt his phone vibrate against his abdomen.  It tickled and made him twitch awkwardly, but he ignored it.  If it meant Sehun stayed quiet he would put up with it for the next hour and fifteen minutes without complaint.

Sehun gave up when it became obvious that Jongin was going to continue ignoring him.  He didn’t want to risk getting Jongin in trouble, but he was getting desperate.  He needed Jongin to know how sorry he was for not being there for him when he should have been, and he needed to tell him sooner rather than later.  He didn’t want Jongin to feel like he was alone in this.

When the class was over Jongin stuffed his papers into his backpack and bolted out the door.  Sehun had been anticipating such a move and took off after him only a few steps behind.

“Jongin, wait up!” Sehun called after him.  Jongin, unsurprisingly, didn’t slow down.  Sehun sped up, dodging bodies in the crowded hallway, and caught up with him before he made it to their next class.  “Would you stop for a second and talk to me?” he snapped, grabbing Jongin's shoulder and forcing him to turn and face him.

“Sehun, we have to get to class,” Jongin said, trying to shake Sehun’s hand off and keep walking.  Sehun refused to let go.

“We have four and a half minutes, it only takes 30 seconds to get there.  So can we talk?  Please?”

Jongin stopped trying to get away and glared at sehun.  He took in a deep breath, preparing to tell him off for nagging him, but the fight left him instantly, and he let it out in a giant whoosh of air instead.  His eyes dropped to the floor before he spoke.  “Look, can we not do this right now?”  Jongin sounded utterly defeated.  Sehun hated himself for making him feel that way.  “I just…  I don’t want to have this conversation where other people might hear it,” he mumbled, looking around nervously to see if anyone was paying attention to them.

Sehun could do nothing but blink at him for a moment.  Did Jongin really think he wanted to talk about the baby right then?  In public?  That was…  Well, it made sense that Jongin was avoiding talking to him if that’s what he thought it was about.  “Jongin, I’m not- that wasn’t-.  Yes, we can talk about that later.  I just wanted to apologize.  For not calling you the other night.”  Sehun wanted to be angry at Jongin for having so little faith in him, but pushed it aside for the time being.  This wasn’t about him right now.  Jongin finally looked up at him from where he had been studying the pattern in the carpet, but before he could say anything Sehun continued speaking.  “I’m sorry I haven’t talked to you like I said I would.  I promise I meant to call you after our stupid dinner thing, but I was overwhelmed and started panicking and looking for a job, but I couldn’t find anything good so I ended up calling Kyungsoo at like midnight and telling him I would take his job if it was still available so he can spend all his time studying like the nerd he is.”  He said it all very quickly, like he couldn’t physically stop himself once he started.  “And I started training yesterday morning and my phone was dead all day because I forgot to charge it after I called Kyungsoo and I couldn’t do anything about it until I got home at like ten o’clock last night, and the first thing I did when it was try to call you, but you didn’t answer.”  Ok, so maybe he wasn’t as good at hiding his frustration as he thought.

“Hey, don’t try to make me the here,” Jongin said with a frown. 

“I’m not, I’m sorry, I’m not,” Sehun assured him, forcing himself to remain unruffled.

Jongin took a minute to process what Sehun was telling him.  If Sehun actually took Kyungsoo up on his offer and took his job, that had to mean… something, right?  Sehun hated work of any kind, but especially physical.  For him to voluntarily get a job- Jongin didn’t want to get his hopes up just yet, but maybe this wasn’t going to be the nightmare he had feared.  Maybe Sehun was going to be the best friend he always had been and help him get through it.

Jongin suddenly felt bad.  No, not bad, he felt awful.  How could he have thought such terrible things about Sehun?  Sehun had never left him.  Not even in eighth grade when Jongin got it into his head that he needed to join the football team and spent all his free time with his teammates pretending to be as much of a jock as the rest of them were.  When the season was over and he realized he had nothing else in common with them, and didn’t even really like football that much anyway, Sehun had accepted that it was just a thing he wanted to try, and invited him over to play video games like they had always done on weekends.

If there had ever been a time Sehun could have decided it wasn’t worth it to be friends with him that was it.  Jongin prioritized everything else over him, but in the end Sehun still chose to keep him around when he came crawling back, begging for forgiveness.  Granted, that hadn’t been quite as serious of a situation as an unplanned pregnancy, but in their thirteen-year-old world it had been a pretty big deal.

Sehun was his best friend, and Jongin had written him off like he was any other boy out there (ok, sometimes he was, but never with Jongin).  Jongin felt his eyes start to well up as he stood there without speaking.

“Are you alright?” Sehun asked, concerned.  The hand that was still resting on Jongin’s shoulder squeezed tighter.

Jongin felt stupid crying in the hall at school.  He rolled his eyes, wiping the wetness away hurriedly.  “Yeah, I’m fine.  Just-“

The bell rang.

“, we’re late,” Sehun grumbled, but didn’t make a move to walk away.

“Since when do you care about being late?  You skip class more than anyone I know.”

“Since… very recently.”  Sehun glanced down in the general direction of Jongin's hoodie pocket so fast Jongin almost didn’t see it.  Oh.

Oh.  Jongin's breath caught in his throat.  That meant…  That could mean a lot of things.  More things than Jongin could process right then.

“So can we talk?  Like have a real, adult conversation?  Because I have a lot of things to say, and I’m sure you do, too.  And I don’t think either of us have handled this well so far.”

“Yeah, right, of course.”  Jongin was all kinds of flustered.  There were too many thoughts in his head right now, so thinking about when they could sit down to talk about all those thoughts was hard.  “How about after school?  My mom has to work all night, so we can talk all we want.”

“Um, I have to go back to work as soon as I leave here.  I probably won’t get out until, like, ten again,” Sehun said apologetically.  “How about after this class?  I have lunch and you have study hall; let’s just go to the library.  No one is ever in there.”

“Yeah, that works,” Jongin agreed, and Sehun looked relieved.  Jongin took a deep breath, attempting to calm himself down.  “Ok, let’s go,” he said, leading them down the hall.

When Sehun opened the door to let them into their math class, the teacher stopped talking and everyone stared at them as they walked in.  Jongin felt more self-conscious than he ever had walking into a class knowing everyone could see his red, puffy eyes.

“Mr. Kim, Mr. Oh, thank you for joining us,” the teacher greeted them sarcastically.  “Sehun, that’s three tardies for you so far this month.  I’ll see you for detention at the end of the day,” he said as he marked something in the notebook on his desk.  He looked far too pleased to hand out the punishment.

“What?  No.”  Sehun froze in place as he was about to sit, looking panicked.  The teacher seemed surprised at his response, glaring at him and daring him to protest further.  “I have a dentist appointment after school,” Sehun lied smoothly.  Jongin was always impressed at Sehun’s ability to be so believable, but their teacher didn’t look impressed.  He looked like he was trying very hard not to yell.

“Alright, then,” he said, violently crossing out whatever he had just written down and writing something else next to it.  “I’ll see you during your lunch.  If you don’t show up it’ll be a one day suspension.”

Sehun knew there was no way to get out of his detention.  Their math teacher was one of the strictest in the school when it came to keeping up with disciplinary action.  Where other teachers would usually just have him make up the detention another day if he skipped it, this one would for sure follow through with a suspension.  And would probably give him extra homework as well.  Sehun couldn’t afford that on top of his now packed schedule.  He muttered a quiet OK as he sat down and took his textbook out of his bag.  When the teacher went back to explaining the confusing equation on the board he mouthed a silent I’m sorry to Jongin.

Jongin shrugged a shoulder back at him, disappointed but understanding. 

At the end of the class Jongin packed his things away slowly, waiting for the room to clear out somewhat before he said anything to Sehun, but Sehun beat him to it.

“I’m really sorry,” he said quietly, not wanting to draw any attention from the teacher. 

Jongin could tell he was upset at their plan being ruined, and it made any irritation he may have been feeling because of it disappear.  It really wasn’t Sehun’s fault, if Jongin was being honest with himself.  If he hadn’t stood in the hall crying for who knew how long they wouldn’t have been late in the first place.  “Don’t worry about it.”

Sehun was still worried about it.

“Just, text me later?”  Jongin stood up and slung his bag over his shoulders.

“Of course,” Sehun assured him, giving a small wave as Jongin left.

Sehun managed to text him after his detention was over, just as Jongin was sitting down in the cafeteria.  They texted each other sporadically throughout the rest of the afternoon, until they met up again for their last class of the day, making plans for Sehun to come over after he got off work that night; tomorrow was Saturday, so they wouldn’t have to worry about school in the morning, and Sehun didn’t have to work until the afternoon.

 

Waiting for Sehun to get out of work was really annoying Jongin concluded later that evening.  It was only a little after seven, which meant he had at least three more hours to wait.  It wasn’t often he had to wait for Sehun to do something, and he didn’t like it.  His mom had left for work hours ago.  There was nothing on TV.  He had already finished his homework, so he didn’t even have that to distract himself from checking the clock every ten minutes.

Even though things between them seemed to be OK for now, Jongin still didn’t know how their conversation was going to go later, and he needed something to keep him busy so he didn’t freak out while he waited.  Maybe there was something interesting happening on twitter.  Or-

Jongin remembered that he was supposed to talk to Baekhyun that night.  He had no idea if the older boy would even be online then, but he suddenly needed to tell him everything that had happened with Sehun that day.  Launching himself off the couch, he flew into his room and opened his laptop.

Going on the hunch that Baekhyun was probably not sitting at his computer waiting to hear from him, Jongin typed up his whole story in one message.  After he hit send he figured it would at least help him pass some time if he scrolled through some of the messages on the home page.  He had only read through three of them when a new message from Baekhyun popped up.  Like the previous night, he hadn’t been expecting the quick response.

Bbaek
Aww, I’m so happy you guys talked!  Honestly, I was really worried when you said he ran out and you hadn’t heard from him. 

Kji001
Wow, are you like stalking me or something?

Bbaek
Um, what??

Kji001
I only sent you that like two minutes ago.  Are you like sitting there waiting for messages from me or something?  I thought you said you weren’t weird

Jongin giggled and watched for a minute as Baekhyun started and stopped typing about seven times before he started to feel bad and decided to put him out of his misery.

Kji001
Dude, I’m ing with you

Bbaek
…Wow
Woooooooooooow
I’m here for you 24/7 and offer you cookies and hugs and this is the disrespect I get
Wooooooooooooooooooooooow

Also, I never said I wasn’t weird.  I only admitted that what I said sounded weird ;)

Kji001
Hey, if we’re gonna be friends you’re gonna have to get used to the disrespect, sorry, I don’t make the rules

Bbaek
I mean, you totally made up that rule, but whatever…

Kji001
I really do appreciate you listening to all my though, so thanks for that

Bbaek
It’s no problem, really
: )
So you said you’re meeting up to talk with him later?

Ah, yes, the thing Jongin was trying not to think about but decided was an appropriate topic of conversation anyway.

Kji001
Yeah, after he gets off work.  Which is a weird thing, him having a job.
In the sense that he’s not available to just hang out whenever anymore
And in the sense that he got a job.  He’s so not the type
Like, that has to mean something, right?  The fact that he got a job after I told him?  Like, that means he’s not gonna tell me to off and deal with it on my own, right?

Jongin was rambling.  He knew he sounded insecure.  It wasn’t something he was used to, but he figured it was ok with Baekhyun.  He had already shared more with him than he did with most people, and Baekhyun hadn’t judged him for any of it.

Bbaek
I mean, I’ve never met him, but from what you’ve told me I would definitely say he’s trying to be mature and do the right thing.

Kji001
Ok, cool, good
That’s good
Awesome

It made Jongin feel better to have someone else voice his own thoughts.  But he still felt like he was going to get his hopes up and be let down if he thought about it too much.  He needed to change the subject before that happened.

Kji001
Ok, so, enough about me for now.  I’ve taken up too much of our conversations.  Tell me more about you

Baekhyun was more than willing to talk about himself.  He seemed to like talking about everything in general, but he was really excited to talk about his soon-to-be family.  Jongin learned that he and his husband, Chanyeol, had been trying for a baby for nearly a year, and that they were both over the moon when they found out he was finally pregnant.  Baekhyun had majored in early childhood education, worked in a preschool, and just generally loved everything about kids.  He couldn’t wait to have his own.

Jongin found it incredibly easy to talk to Baekhyun.  So easy, in fact, that before he knew it several hours had passed.  He only realized it when he heard the front door opening.

Kji001
Hey, I’m sorry, but I have to go.  I think Sehun just got here.

Bbaek
Don’t worry about it!  I’ll talk to you later :D
Hey, before you go
Is it ok if I give you my phone number?
That way you can talk to me whenever you want

Kji001
Uh yeah, that would be great actually.

Jongin copied Baekhyun’s number into his phone, shocked when he saw it, and texted him right away.

To Baekhyun 10:21 pm
Hey, we have the same area code

From Baekhyun 10:21 pm
Holy , we do.  I was only half serious when I said I would drive to you to give you a hug, but that just went from 50% serious to like 94% serious

To Baekhyun 10:21 pm
Aww, thanks

From Baekhyun 10:22 pm
You’re welcome.  Now go talk to your baby daddy.

Right.

Jongin stood up from his chair, rubbing his suddenly clammy hands on his pants and heading for the front door.  Outside his bedroom he faintly smelled coffee, which was weird because he knew the coffee pot in the kitchen had been empty when he got home.  The source of the smell was revealed when he turned the corner and saw Sehun standing just inside the door with two paper cups in his hands, kicking his shoes onto the mat next to Jongin’s.

“Hey,” Sehun said when he looked up and noticed Jongin.  He was smiling, but Jongin could tell he was just as anxious for what was to come.  It somehow made him feel better.

“Hi.”

“I brought you a drink.”  Sehun offered him one of the cups.  “It’s decaf, though.  I, uh, I read that you’re not supposed to have a lot of caffeine when you’re pregnant.”

“Thanks,” Jongin said, accepting the cup offered to him.  The warmth radiating from it did nothing to help his sweaty palms, but it was soothing nonetheless.  He took a sip, not surprised Sehun had remembered his penchant for more cream and sugar than coffee.  “Do you want to sit on the couch?” he asked, feeling oddly formal as he gestured to the living room.  Luckily Sehun either didn’t notice the awkwardness, or he chose not to comment on it, and agreed.

“Yeah, that sounds great.  My feet are killing me.”  Sehun followed Jongin into the living room and flopped onto the couch next to him, careful not to spill his drink.  He leaned his head against the back rest and closed his to enjoy a moment of relaxation.

Jongin was quiet for a while, fiddling with his cup as he watched Sehun; he looked like he was about to fall asleep.  “Are you sure you don’t want to just go home?” he asked, breaking the silence and startling the other boy.  “You look exhausted.  We can do this another time, you know,” he said, even though he knew putting it off would only make it worse.

“No, no, I’m fine.”  The yawn that interrupted Sehun said otherwise, but Jongin didn’t mention it.  “The sooner we work this out the better.  I don’t want you to be mad at me anymore.”

“Mad at you?” Jongin asked, confused.  “I’m not mad at you.”

“You’re kidding, right?”

“No?  Why would I be?”

“Um, because I totally ran out on you right after you told me you were pregnant?” Sehun said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Jongin rolled his eyes.  “Ok, when you put it like that, maybe I was a little upset that you just left.  But mostly I’ve just been ing terrified.”

“Why?” Sehun asked, then seemed to realize how stupid it sounded.  “No, that was- I mean obviously you would- but I mean, like, why didn’t you tell me?”

Jongin levelled him with the most incredulous stare he could muster.  “Sehun, you just said yourself that you ran out after I told you I was pregnant.  You said you said you would talk to me later and I never heard from you.  I figured you were done with me.  When you texted me all you said was that you wanted to talk.  I thought you wanted to tell me you never wanted to see me again.”

“What?” Sehun yelped.  He turned then, pulling one leg up onto the couch so he could face Jongin fully.  “Why would I- how could you think-“

“No, I know,” Jongin said, cutting Sehun off before he could get too worked up.  “I know now that’s not true.”

“You know now?  Jongin, how could you think I would do that?” 

Jongin winced at the honest hurt in Sehun’s voice.  “I know, I know.  I felt like such a when you explained what happened earlier.  I still do.”

“Good, you should.”  Sehun nodded his head self-righteously.  His anger from earlier hadn’t quite dissipated, apparently.

“Hey, remember why I felt that way?” Jongin said in warning, watching Sehun deflate immediately.  “Anyway, yeah, I should have known there was a reason for the silence.  You’re not like that.  And you told me about your dinner thing last week, so it’s not like you just made up some excuse to run away.  I just kind of panicked and went to worst case scenario.  So I’m sorry for that.”  Jongin paused, and Sehun nodded his head, accepting the apology.  But then Jongin couldn’t stop himself from adding, “Unless you are here to tell me you never want to see me again.”  So maybe he was still a little paranoid.

“Unbelievable.  Dude, I already apologized,” Sehun said.  “And I brought you coffee!” he added, waving his own cup around in front of him while pointing at Jongin's.

“That could have just been to soften the blow.  Show up with coffee to put me at ease, then bam!  You’re out the door and I don’t hear from you for years until I run into you by chance at some random grocery store in another city while I’m shopping for a birthday cake and find out you’ve been living there ever since.”

Sehun stared at Jongin in wide-eyed astonishment.  “Dude… what the ?”  Jongin just shrugged his shoulder like it was a perfectly plausible scenario and waited for a response.  “Well, at least we know our kid will have a vivid imagination.”

“Our kid?” Jongin asked, surprised at Sehun’s word choice.

Sehun felt suddenly out of place.  He hadn’t considered that it might be someone else’s.  “Oh, well, um, I guess I just assumed since you told me about it that it was mine.”

“I mean, yeah, it is.”

It was then that Sehun remembered the uncomfortable thought he had had earlier in the day, and he felt his stomach clench as he gathered the courage to ask, “Oh, so are you planning on, you know… not keeping it?”  He kept his voice low as he said it, as if saying it any louder would affect Jongin's answer in some way.  “Because, you know, you don’t have to get rid of it.  If you don’t want it- but, I mean, that’s totally your choice!  I can’t tell you to have a baby if you don’t want to, obviously-“

“Sehun, I’m keeping it,” Jongin said, stopping Sehun’s rambling and noticing how Sehun relaxed at his words.  “I just didn’t think you would want to be that involved.”

Sehun sighed and set his cup down on the coffee table, took Jongin's to do the same with it, then held Jongin's hands in between his own.  He looked directly into Jongin's eyes to make sure he was listening to every word he said.  “OK, I’m going to say exactly what’s on my mind right now because I’m tired, and I’m honestly sick of both of us assuming so much without actually talking to each other.  Jongin, I’m going to support you through this a hundred and ten percent.  This is as much my responsibility as it is yours.  I’m here for you and our baby whenever, wherever, and however you need me.  Is that clear?”

For the second time that day Jongin felt tears spontaneously spring to his eyes.

“What did I do?  Why are you crying now?” Sehun wondered aloud, bewildered.

“Because I’m relieved, !” Jongin choked through his tears.  “I thought I was going to have to do this all on my own, and now I know I don’t have to.  I just… feel so much better, you don’t even understand.”  Jongin took his hands back from Sehun to wipe the tears from his cheeks.

“Ok, but is it really something to cry about?”

“Shut up, you insensitive .  I’m hormonal.”

“Ok, we’re gonna have to cut way back on the names,” Sehun joked, thankful he was able to do so after so much seriousness.  “Also, that sounds so ing weird coming from you.”

Jongin let out a watery sounding laugh.  “Yeah, try feeling it.  I never thought I’d have to deal with mood swings.  So you’re probably going to have to deal with the names.  Sorry.”

“Ok, yeah, fair enough,” Sehun said, glad he didn’t have to deal with more than that for now.  “So are we good now?  Like, all the way?  No more issues?”

“Yeah, I think we’re OK,” Jongin said with a smile, releasing a shuddering sigh and with it all of his stress from the last few days.

“Thank god.  Can we go to bed now?  I’m literally going to pass out in like five minutes, and I’d rather not sleep on the couch.”  Sehun pouted and slouched to the side, burying half his face in the back of the couch.

Jongin giggled again, feeling lighter than he had in days.  He grabbed Sehun’s hand and hauled him up to his feet.  “Yeah, let’s go.”


 

happy saturday!  they're FINALLY back together.  guys, keeping them apart so long was rough.  i'm glad i don't have to do it anymore.  let me know what you think!