Chapter 2

AV (Sana X Taehyung)

After about 20 minutes, most of the other members had arrived. Jihyo plugged her phone into the speakers, and “Only You” by Miss A began to play. “Come on!” She said, as the other members began migrating away from the couch into the centre of the room to start stretching. They stretched as the last few members trickled in, and then the real practice began. 

 

By about 11am, the members were ready for a break. Though it was important to get the moves completely right every time, TWICE, being mid-promotions already, knew the moves so well that practicing felt a bit like a fools errand. Sana sighed and took a great swig from her water bottle, before sitting down on the floor next to it. She would have to go to the gym later today, and she was already tired…

 

“Sana!” Sana jumped a little. Dahyun appeared in front of her holding Sana’s phone. “Unnie, who’s this?” Dahyun dangled the phone in front of her, a coy smile on her face “Someone I should know about?”. A new kakaotalk message was displayed on the lock screen.

What are you doing? 😉 

“Oh? I don’t know..” Sana replied.

“You don’t know who it’s from??” Dahyun looked confused. Sana grabbed her phone off Dahyun and opened it up, going straight into Kakaotalk. The message was from an unknown number.

“No,” Sana confirmed, “I don’t know who it’s from.”

Dahyun smiled a cheeky smile. “A secret admirer~~? Why don’t you reply and ask them?”

Sana nodded. Who are you? She typed in reply. Sent. Read. 

“OOOOH THEY SAW IT” Dahyun squealed. By this time, the other members were beginning to pay attention. 

“Sana, who’s that?” Said Momo, leaning over her shoulder. Sana turned around the see the whole of TWICE leaning over her, trying to see her phone screen.

“Ahh! Guys!” Sana exclaimed, “Can you please not? I don’t know who it is.” She closed Kakaotalk and stood up. “It’s probably nothing anyway. Like a prank or something.” She closed her phone and tossed it onto the couch. “I’m not gonna even bother with it.”

 

Practice started once again. It was just messing around for the most part now; having fun with part switches, or dancing as crazily and hyper-enthusiastically as they could, as TWICE knew they had already perfected the dance. Jihyo spent a while chatting with fans using the chat function on the V app. She suggested they go live, but other members declined as they hadn’t bothered to put on any makeup that morning. Sana took off her hoodie, as she was sweating so much. She checked her phone. Nothing. Good she thought. She went take another mouthful from her water bottle, but it was empty. She sighed, slipping her phone into her pocket and picking up her water bottle.

“Anyone else need their water bottle filled up?” Sana called out to the other members of TWICE.

“Yeeees~!” Replied Jihyo, handing her a one and a half litre plastic bottle.

“Me too!” Said Tzuyu. Sana picked up Tzuyu’s cute farm animals water bottle, trapping it between her stomach and her arm with her own bottle, as she walked out of the room and into the hall. She walked past GOT7’s practice room from which she could hear faint music, and into a small kitchen. She put the three bottles down on the bench next to the sink and unscrewed the cap of her bottle, starting to fill it up from the drinking water tap. It was about half full when she heard footsteps coming into the kitchen. She turned. It was Mark.

 

“Hey Oppa,” she said, smiling at him.

He smiled back. “Hey.”

She turned her attention back to her water bottle just as the water line reached the top. She turned the tap off and screwed the cap back on.

“Do you wanna go first?” She offered, eyeing Mark’s water bottle in his hands. “I still have a few to go.” She gestured to Jihyo’s and Tzuyu’s bottles still on the bench top.

“Ah. Sure.” Mark replied. He unscrewed the cap of his water bottle, placed it under the tap, and turned the tap on. Sana leaned back against the bench and watched him for a little while, but eventually ended up looking at her feet. It was too awkward to look at someone if you weren’t talking to them. She felt her phone buzz in her sweatpants pocket.

“Oh?” She exclaimed in quiet surprise. She took out her phone and checked the lock screen. Another message, from that unknown number.

I’m Korean.

A third message appeared. You don’t remember me?

Sana turned around to adjust her posture, leaning over with her elbows on the bench and holding her phone in both hands. She looked down at her phone, confused. She just wanted to ignore this stupid number, but…

No??? She typed in response, but before she could send it, she was interrupted.

“Who’s that?”

Sana turned her head to see Mark glancing over her shoulder. She stopped. “To be honest, I don’t know.” She replied. Mark moved closer to her, leaning over her to get a better look at the number. The heat of his body warmed her through her sweat-dampened T-shirt.

“Oh, I know that number,” he said.

“You do?”

“Yeah, it’s that friend of mine I mentioned to you earlier. Taehyung. He said he wanted to get to know you better, so I gave him your number,” Mark hesitated, “Is… that okay?”

Sana paused. Taehyung…? The number is Taehyung’s? “Yeah… I guess,” She replied, “Sure..”

Mark’s face tensed up in what appeared to be discomfort. He moved away from Sana, as if he’d just realised how close he was to her, turned off the tap and attempted to screw the cap back on his water bottle. Sana watched him in confusion as he fumbled with the cap, dropping it in the sink by accident. He picked it up again and managed to screw it on properly.

“Oppa, your bottle isn’t even full yet.”

Mark looked down at his water bottle. “...It’s okay, I’m not that thirsty. You go ahead and fill yours.”

Sana paused. “Okay..”

“See you around,” Mark said as he turned to head back to his practice room. Sana watched him leave.

“Okay, see you.”

 

Sana looked back down at her phone. She quickly deleted the previous reply she had been writing, and typed a new one. Of course I remember you… Sent.

 

She quickly finished filling up the other members water bottles, and headed back into the practice room.