chapter 4

The Hiding Feast

Jessica knew she’d be in trouble if she isn’t able to reveal Tiffany’s true nature in time. Who knows what she could be planning. Even though she said she wants redemption, Jessica just had a hunch there was more she was hiding. She knew, one day, she was going to reveal her true intentions.

 

Rena was going to stop her, no matter what it took.

 

I won’t forgive vampires… I’ll kill them, all of them…”

 

“Unnie~” Krystal poked Jessica’s cheek. “Quit staring into space~”

 

“Oh, sorry.”

 

“You’re worrying again, aren’t you?”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Krystal kissed her sister’s cheek.

 

“Don’t apologize. We all have moments like that.”

 

Jessica put her head on Krystal’s shoulder. “Thank you, Soojung-ah. For always being there for me.”

 

Surprised by her sister’s sudden actions, Krystal said nothing. She just held her hand up and smoothed Jessica’s hair. This moment felt so peaceful. Krystal felt as if she was going to fall back asleep in her sister’s arms.

 

But then, they arrived at their stop. She quickly brushed off the drowsiness and she and Rena got off.

 

As the pair walk into the building, they were met by a very out-of-breath Taeyeon.

 

“You came just in time!” the short girl said. “We have received info of a couple of Day walkers robbing a nearby hospital.”

 

Krystal smirked. “Seems like somebody’s hungry. Let’s go hunt some vampires!” She ran in the direction of the armory.

 

Jessica turned to Taeyeon. “Don’t worry. We got this.”

 

Taeyeon looked worried. “Are you sure? What happened yesterday--”

 

“I know. I just mistook her for another person, that’s all. I have already apologized to her.”

 

“Alright then. Just be careful, and look after that sister of yours. She always dives in head-first when it comes to these missions.”

 

Jessica chuckled. “She can’t help it. She’s still a kid.”

 

She then saluted and went with Krystal to load their weapons. Not too far from them, Tiffany and Sooyoung had entered the agency building.

 

Tiffany passed by the pair as they left the building, grinning as she saw her plan was going very accordingly. She turned to her still brainwashed servant and whispered in her ear.

 

“Keep a good look out,” she said as Sooyoung nodded.

 

----------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, Jessica and Krystal finally came back after having battled out the Day walkers.

 

“Man~ that was quite a fight they put up,” Krystal rubbed her neck.

 

Jessica hissed as she placed a band-aid on her cheek, which had a wound from the fight. Krystal also had a few places bandaged up, but for the most part, she was okay.

 

“Yes.. they would’ve almost got away.”

 

“Just barely, though. No one can stop us, right, Unnie?”

 

Jessica looked back to see her sister’s smile. She smiled as well.

 

“Yup.”

 

As they stepped out of the infirmary, Jessica noticed Tiffany walking down the corridor. She felt something fishy was going on, noticing the direction she came from.

 

“Hey,Krystal. Did you see Tiffany leaving Intel?”

 

Jurina’s eyebrows furrowed. “No. Why?”

 

“I think I just saw her leave that way.” Jessica pointed to where she last saw Tiffany.

 

“Huh, weird. She shouldn’t be down there unless she got special permission from someone. What do you think happened?”

 

“I don’t know. But something’s…” Jessica started to walk towards the door to Intel, but was stopped as she was pushed to the wall. “Eh?!”

 

She looked and saw Sooyoung in front of her, extremely close to her.

 

“Sooyoung? What are you doing?”

 

“Sica…” Sae had a serious tone. “I can’t hold it anymore..!”

 

She embraced Jessica tightly, shocking the girl. Krystal covered in shock.

 

“I.. I love you, Jessica!”

 

“HAA?!” Jessica’s eyes widened.

 

“I always have… Even today, I could feel my heart pounding looking at you… Sica.. I want you to be mine!”

 

Sooyoung broke the hug and stared at Rena’s eyes.

 

“Will you.. be my girlfriend?”

 

That’s when Jessica saw it. Sooyoung’s eyes; they looked empty. Her pupils were dilated, and her normal brown eyes which sparkled with light were pitch black and lifeless.

 

Tiffany soon knew something was going on. And Tiffany, no, Miyoung had something to do with it. She had to get out of this situation and find Seohyeon, but Sooyoung had no means of letting her go.

 

“Soojung? A little help here?”

 

Krystal was still too shocked to listen to her sister’s words.

 

“Krystal Jung Soojung!!!”

 

The younger girl snapped back into reality and when she saw the situation, she grabbed Sooyoung, pulling her off.

 

“Hey! What are you-?” Sooyoung tried to punch Krystal, thinking she’s a rival trying to steal Jessica away.

 

“Sorry about this, Soo-Unnie.”

 

Krystal then chopped the back of Soo’s neck and knocked her unconscious. The tall girl fell into Krystal’s arms.

 

“I’ll let her rest in the infirmary. Go check on Seohyeon.”

 

“OK.”

 

As Krystal dragged Sooyoung back into the infirmary, Jessica ran down the hall to the room Seohyeon was in. She opened the door and saw Seohyeon collapsed in front of her desk, asleep.

 

“Seo!” Jessica ran to her and looked at her neck. There wasn’t any bite mark from Tiffany, but the scar still remained, which means Tiffany must have healed it. She shook the girl’s shoulders, “Seo, wake up! Seo!”

 

Seohyeon’s eyes sleepily opened as she woke up and looked at Jessica.

 

“Jessica..? What’s wrong?”

 

“Seo, where’s Miyoung? She was just in here. I saw her come this way.”

 

Seohyeon raised her eyebrow. “Who?”

 

Jessica held her head. “Oh no… not Seohyeon!”

 

“Who is Miyoung? I’ve never heard of her.”

 

The hunter knew she wasn’t going to be able to make Seohyeon remember Miyoung. She was gone from her mind, which she surely didn’t expect to happen to the genius.

 

“Nevermind. Did Tiffany come this way?”

 

“Um, I don’t think so…”

 

“Okay then.” Jessica patted Seohyun’s head. “Thanks. You can go back to sleep now.”

 

As the smaller girl went back to sleep, another thought came to Jessica’s mind.

 

“Perhaps I can look at the security footage and find out what happened…”

 

Jessica headed back up and met up with Krystal.

 

“Sooyoung’s resting now. What got into her all the sudden?”

 

“I don’t know. You go find Tiffany. I’m going to check the surveillance cameras.”

 

“Alright.”

 

The two split up again and Jessica ran to the surveillance room. She was shocked to see none of the cameras were functioning and everything had shut down.

 

“No…!” Jessica pulled back her hair, holding her forehead. Anger burned in her eyes again as she knew, this was Miyoung’s doing. “That vampire… She’ll pay for this..!”

……………………………………………………..

Jessica and Krystal started walking back to the training hall, when they were approached by Taeyeon.

 

“Ah, Sica! Me and Yuri were wondering if you could do some one-on-one training with Fany?”

 

“Fany?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. In her mind, she angrily growled, “They gave her a nickname?!”

 

“Yeah. Fany’s still a bit new and not that athletic, so I thought maybe our ACE could show her a few moves.”

 

Just then, a wicked thought entered Jessica’s mind. With Tiffany pretending to be human, she can’t use her super speed or vampire powers. She’s making herself look unathletic and weak.

 

And that meant one thing to the little Devil sat upon Jessica’s conscience: Revenge.

 

“I’ll do it,” Jessica said with a grin.

 

“Great!” Taeyeon smiled, not knowing of Jessica’s wicked scheme.

 

-------

 

Tiffany was already on the training grounds when Jessica arrived. Jessica cracked her knuckles and also cracked her neck before heading to the girl.

 

“Ah, Jessica-ssi. Are you here for combat training?”

 

“Yes, Stephanie-ssi. Er, should I call you Fany?”

 

“Anything’s fine really,” she said innocently, since they were in front of a few other hunters. “So, when do we get started?”

 

“Now,” Jessica grinned before she swung her leg and nearly kicked Tiffany.

 

That was when the vampire knew what was going on. She knew she was going to have to put up a fight, but she couldn’t risk exposing herself.

 

“Well… this should be interesting,” she said to herself.

 

“Payback time~” Jessica said in her mind as she charged to the girl.

 

She threw several punches, each one harder than the next. Tiffany tried her best to dodge and block her attacks, but she was still getting hit. Jessica kicked her again and then caught her off guard as she grabbed her from behind and had her in a headlock.

 

“You’re, ngh, enjoying this,” Tiffany said lowly before grabbing Jessica and trying to flip her over, only causing them both to fall. Jessica was now on top, pinning Tiffany to the ground.

 

“You know I am,” Jessica chuckled. “You really should’ve seen this coming.”

 

She then threw a punch at the girl’s face. She was about to punch again, but Tiffany blocked it, trying to force it back.

 

“I know you’re only using a small amount of your strength.”

 

“Ergh, what about you?” Tiffany asked as she struggled. “I feel like you’re holding back, ack, as well.”

 

“If I went all out, you’d be dead.”

 

Jessica’s fist pounded Tiffany’s cheek. The vampire then felt the side of , which was bruised.

 

“Let’s end this quick,” Jessica said as she was about to land one last punch, but in a panic, Tiffany’s reflexes kicked in.

 

She flipped Jessica over, making her hit the ground, and Tiffany’s hand wrapped around the girl’s flawless white neck. Jessica’s eyes were wide in shock, so were Tiffany’s.

 

“Alright, I think that’s enough, you two,” Yuri then said. “Take five.”

 

Yuri helped Tiffany up as Jessica stood up and walked over to the bench. She gulped down her water and grabbed a towel. Tiffany simply excused herself from the room and went into the infirmary.

 

“Fany,” Sooyoung smiled and got up to hug the girl. “Hi.”

 

Tiffany was a bit surprised by the hug, but quickly responded, “Soo-ssi, are you feeling better?”

 

Sooyoung broke the hug and smiled shyly. “Yeah. I don’t know what got into me. I must’ve been really out of it last night.”

 

“So you don’t remember anything from last night?”

 

“No,” Sooyoung grinned sheepishly. “This morning’s a little fuzzy, too…”

 

The girl went silent as Tifffany suddenly got closer, her lips touching her ear. She felt her spine shiver as she could feel the girl’s breath at her nape. She heard a soft whisper…

 

“Feast.”

 

At that instant, Sooyoung’s expression became blank and her eyes once again were empty.

 

“Welcome back,” the vampire cooed as she kissed Sooyoung’s cheek. “I’m glad to see the trigger works. You can still be of use to me.”

 

She grinned as she held Sooyoung’s chin. Tiffany was in her vampire mode. was dry and thirsty for blood, her fangs growing sharp. She leaned down and was about to bite Sooyoung when…

 

“Yuri…”

 

Her eyes widened at the sound of the hunter’s voice. She was shocked when she heard the name.

 

“N-no… I can’t do this…Yuri.. is my… my girlfriend...”

 

“Girlfriend?”

 

The vampire got up, looking down at Sooyoung. There was a pain in her heart she had one felt before, disgusted, guilty. Yes, She had felt it when Jessica’s parents died. She wanted to bite Sooyoung, she needed blood… but….

 

“Girlfriend…”

 

“..I can’t do this,” Tiffany snapped her fingers and fell to her knees.

 

When Sooyoung was out of the trance, she saw Tiffany sitting on the ground.

 

“Fany, you okay?” The short-haired girl helped her up. “Sorry, I guess we both went in a little too hot.”

 

As Sooyoung chuckled, Tiffany couldn’t bare to look at Sooyoung. She thought back to what had happened and with that word still echoing in her ears, there was a pain in the deepest part of her.

 

“So where were we?”

 

Tiffany shook her head. “Sorry… I feel tired. I’m going home now…” she said before quickly grabbing her bag and leaving, running out of the room.

“Why I felt this? I’m a Royal Vampire never have this feeling. Why I felt disgusted to myself. I felt guilty…”

Without Tiffany knowing, someone heard it all.

“She felt guilty…?” Jessica mumbled, shocked with what she heard. “…Impossible…”

 

to be continue