chapter 3

The Hiding Feast

“It’s nice to meet all of you. My name is Stephanie Hwang. You can call me Tiffany. Please take care of me,” Tiffany bowed in front of the group of hunters.

Just then, Jessica quickly pointed her gun in Yuki’s direction. Everyone backed away, shocked.

“Eh?!”

“Sica, what’s wrong?”

“Yuri, get away from her!” Jessica yelled. “That girl’s Hwang! Hwang Miyoung! She’s a vampire!”

The woman furrowed her eyebrows, confused. “What? No, she’s not. Tiffany’s a human, just like all of us.”

“No! She’s lying, whatever she told you, it’s a façade! I know it, She’s Miyoung!”

Tiffany thought in the back of her mind, “The hypnosis didn’t work…? She still remembers me…”

Taeyeon pulled Jessica back. “Sica, you must be a bit stressed since a few days ago. Tiffany may look like her, but me and Yuri can assure you, she’s human.”

“But…”

“Don’t worry. We’ll take care of Miyoung when we can. For now, your new mission is to help Tiffany train.”

“Haa?!” Jessica’s jaw dropped. “No way in HELL am I—”

Taeyeon silenced her and leaned in her ear.

“Behave and be nice to Tiffany, or else I cooked your food with cucumber.”

Jessica felt weak at the statement. Not because of the cucumber (Jessica hated cucumber), but because now that everyone saw her make a scene, she was going to have hide her hatred towards now human-disguised vampire girl.

“Okay…”

“Good!” Taeyeon smiled and slapped Jessica’s back. “Now, go apologiz and make nice! Just play along, play along~”

Jessica saw Taeyeon wink as she said one of her many catchphrases. She walked up to Tiffany, giving her a glare before faking a smile.

“Please forgive me. I mistook you for someone.”

“No problem,” Tiffany said sweetly. “I hope we can get along.”

“Me too.”

They bowed to each other, and when Jessica looked up, she saw Tiffany gave a slight glare. She then heard her voice inside her head.

How disappointing, you still remember everything. You’re much stronger than I thought.”

Jessica scowled, not showing the others however as they smiled Jessica started to walk back. She heard Tiffany speak in her mind again.

Meet me in private later.”

After that, they took a short break from training. As Jessica left the room and walked down the hall, she saw a shadow flash by her and Tiffany herself appeared in front of her.

“Well, aren’t you a sight for sore eyes?” Jessica said sarcastically, then she got serious. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“I was going to try and make peace,” Tiffany said. “But that scene you just made is gonna cause some trouble. Why did you fake being hypnotized? More importantly, how are you able to resist? No one’s been able to do that.”

The hunter smirked. “We hunters have been trained to block your mind control. You can’t get anything through me.”

“Oh really?”

“Yup.”

“Then… how come Kim and Kwon weren’t able to?”

Jessica’s eyes widened. “What…?”

Flashback, yesterday

Miyoung entered the hunter base while Yuri and Taeyeon were practicing one-on-one late at night. When the two saw her, they immediately took action.

“Vampire!”

Yuri was the first to approach her and threw a punch. Miyoung caught her first and twisted her arm behind her back, locking her gaze.

“You won’t fight,” Miyoung tried hypnotize her, but Yuri wasn’t cracking. She flipped the vampire over and pinned her down. Miyoung coughed as she fell hard. “So… there are some who can resist. I see…”

“Taeyeon, get the silver bullets!”

Before Taeyeon could head to the armory, Miyoung held out her arm and made Taeyeon stop in her tracks, unable to move her legs.

“Argh…! Yuri, I can’t move…!”

Miyoung took her chance to escape while Yuri was distracted. She grabbed Yuri and pulled her down, staring into her eyes.

“No…!”

“You won’t fight.” She held Yuri’s head in place as she put her under. Yuri’s body fell weak and she stared blankly into the vampire’s eyes. “You won’t remember me. You can’t see me. Not until tomorrow.”

“Not… until tomorrow…”

Miyoung then looked at Taeyeon straight in the eyes. Taeyeon immediately tried look away, but Black appeared in front of her and held her chin, making her look at her eyes and hypnotizing her.

“Same for you, Kim Taeyeon. You won’t remember that I’m Hwang Miyoung.”

“Won’t remember…”

“The both of you will let me join this agency, as human Stephanie Hwang. A mere human girl Hwang.”

“Stephanie Hwang… join hunters…” both spoke in unison while under trance.

End of Flashback

“As expected it wouldn’t be easy, once I got them where I wanted them, they became so easy to bend and mold to my liking. Just like a clay.”

Jessica growled in anger, grabbing Tiffany’s collar. “Don’t you dare call them clay!”

Tiffany chuckled. “You’re either really brave or really stupid to face me.”

“Why you…!” Jessica was about to punch her when Tiffany vanished and reappeared behind her.

“I told you, I’m not going to fight. But I will if I have to,” she warned the hunter. “For now, let’s try to get along. If someone catches us fighting, it could be bad on your part.”

Tiffany started to leave and Jessica scowled at her before turning to leave as well.

As the vampire was walking down the hall, she was searching for a certain room.

“Where do they keep all the information around here…?” She mumbled silently.

As she was looking around, she ran into a certain hunter she recognized as Go Hara. She saw her with Kim Hyoyeon before when they were training, and seemed she have a bit of trouble with training because she was jumpy.

“Tiffany-ssi, I’m so sorry!” She bowed, but then realized something. “Are? What are you doing back here? You aren’t supposed to go this way.”

“Oh really…” Tiffany smiled inside.

“Yeah, only people with special permission can go back this way. I’m only going because I have to see Yoona about the whereabouts of Miyoung. Now that Sica mentioned it, I became curious and—”

Tiffany stopped the hunter’s ranting as she stared into her eyes and she was hypnotized almost immediately.

“You’ll do as I say. You didn’t see me come through here.”

“I didn’t see you…”

“You will also forget about Miyoung.”

“Forget Miyoung…”

“Now knock yourself out.”

Hara then turned to the wall and slammed her head into it, falling unconscious.

Tiffany was actually surprised. She knew that there were humans who were weak toward her hypnosis, but this is a first.

Then, the vampire realized…

“Damn! I should’ve asked her where that Yoona girl was. I have to find her to erase her memories of me.”

She then heard someone hummin and saw Hyoyeon coming this way. When she saw the situation, she nearly screamed.

“W-What happened?!”

“Hyoyeon-ssi, right?”

“Uh, Hyo is fine. But. What’s going on? Why is Hara unconscious? Er, importantly. Why are you at back here?”

“I’m looking for Yoona. Hara told me about her… then. She ran into a wall and passed out.”

“Just like her, that jumpy. Yoona works in the tech room, along with Seobaby I mean Seohyeon. But, you can’t go back here, it’s only for—”

Tiffany didn’t wanna hear this same lecture so she looked at Hyoyeon’s eyes and she was entranced in a matter of seconds. She smiled like an idiot with empty eyes.

“Pretty eyes~…”

“You didn’t see me go through here, also you will forget about Miyoung.”

“Okay, I’ll forget…”

“Also, how can I get to where Yoona and Seohyeon are? Who can help?”

“That’s… Sooyoung knows.”

“Sooyoung…?” Tiffany repeated. She didn’t remember seeing someone who went by that name. Yet, it felt familiar…

“Sooyoung has special permission. She knows every room of the building. She can show you where Yoona and Seobaby are…”

“Where is she right now?”

“Today’s her day off… she’s at her home… she lives in an apartment in Seoul; ask Yuri or Sunny, they know where she lives…”

“Good. Now, knock yourself out.”

Hyoyeon did the same thing as Hara and smacked her head against the wall. She was out like a light, landing on top of Hara.

“Well, that went well,” the vampire smirked.

……………………………………

Jessica Jung was furious.

No… “Furious” is just an understatement. Jessica was beyond pissed to an extent that there was nothing she could do to cease her own anger.

Well, it’s not that she wanted to anyway.

She kept punching the bag in front of her hard as she kept thinking about that vampire Hwang. The thought of her only riled her anger more. She kicked, punched, she did everything to just get her anger out completely.

Krystal happened to notice her sister seemed rather stressed and approached.

“Unnie?”

As she didn’t hear her sister, Jessica kept on punching the bag.

“JESSI-UNNIE!”

The next thing Krystal saw was a fist flying her way, thanks to her fast reflexes, she dodged it.

“Soojung…!” Jessica calmed down a bit, realizing it was only her little sister. ”What’s wrong?”

“I got worried. You seemed really stressed about something.”

“I-It’s nothing, really~ I just feel a little bit tired, that’s all.”

“Are you still thinking about Miyoung? Because of your mission?”

“I…”

“Is that why you thought Tiffany-unnie was Miyoung?”

“Soojung, just LEAVE ME ALONE!” Jessica raised her voice, causing everyone to look. Jessica immediately felt guilty when she saw Krystal’s sad eyes. “I… I’m sorry. I didn’t—”

“Sica,” Yuri walked over ro the two sisters. “Maybe you should take Krystal home and take a break for today.”

“What? But I—”

“Please. You’re obviously still worked up about what happened a few nughts ago. You deserve some rest.”

Jessica saw Yuri’s eyes were sincere. She sighed. “… Fine. Let’s go, Soojung.” She went out without waiting for her sister.

Krystal looked at the tanned girl. “Will Jessi be okay?”

Yuri patted her head.

“Just take care of her, okay? When Sica gets like this, she needs someone to reassure her things will be okay. I’m sure she’d do the same for you, right?”

The younger girl nodded. “Okay. I’ll take care of Unnie.”

She quickly went to catch up with her older sister, who was already outside the building waiting for her.

“C’mon, I’m hungry~” Krstal chirped as she clung to Jessica’s arm.

Jessica let her sister cling onto her, because she felt guilty for her sudden outburst.

“Soojung-ah…”

“Hm?”

“…I’m sorry.”

Krystal hugged Jessica tightly.

“Don’t worry about it, Unnie! We all have this kind of moments.”

“What do you mean?”

Krystal paused as if she reminded of something. But then she smiled and answered, “Oh, y’know, being stressed out and stuff like that. It’s nothing.”

“Oh. Well, if that’s all.”

“Come on Unnie~ You owe me some ice cream!”

“Dae, dae. I know. I’ll get you your favorite, choco-vanilla swirl. The good kind they sell near the train station.”

“Yay! I love you, Unnie~ Chuu~~~”

“Oi, no kisses, spoiled kid!”

“Oh come on, just one! Hahaha!”

“NOOOO!”

……………………………………………………….

Later that evening, Tiffany was finished up a long day of training when she saw Yuri getting ready to leave.

“Yuri-ssi,” She approached her with an eye-smile. “Hey, Hyo told me about this hunter named Sooyoung.”

“Oh yeah. I forgot, today was her day off.”

“I wanted to meet her. She told me she knew about every room in the building, maybe she could give me a tour.”

“Great idea. Here, I’ll give you her address,” Yuri quickly wrote down Sooyoung’s apartment address on a scrap of paper and handed it to Tiffany. “There you go.”

“Thanks.”

Tiffany bowed to her sunbae as she grabbed her things and left the agency building. She followed the address Yuri had given her until she reached the apartment building Sooyoung lived in.

Standing outside, Tiffany counted the windows until she found the ones that belonged to Sooyoung’s flat. She walked up the stairs to the floor where her apartment door and knocked.

“Coming~” A voice answered from the other side.

When the door opened, she came face-to-face with a person she hadn’t seen in quite some time. A familiar face, of someone who, like Jessica, had tried to kill her. Whe she met the girl’s gaze, she saw the spark in her eyes that showed she recognized her as well.

“You…!”

“Well, well. I was right then, I thought something seemed familiar,” Tiffany chuckled. “You look as handsome as ever, Sooyoung… although you’re a girl.”

“Why are you here?!”

Tiffany immediately sped into Sooyoung’s apartment. “How rude~. Is that the way youtreat someone you haven’t seen in so long?”

“You tried to kill me, you murderous vampire,” Sooyoung growled lowly as she shut the door.

“I could say the same,”

The boyish (I make Sooyoung a bit boyish here) girl grabbed a kitchen knife and held it in front of her.

“Oh, how cute,” Tiffany taunted. “Something like that won’t kill me… but it’d amusing to see you try.”

“Don’t underestimate me!”

Gripping the knife tightly in her hands, Sooyoung charged.

She either forgot about their previous encounter, or she just didn’t care. The hunter was bent on killing Tiffany. Wanting to end it once and for all.

Either way, Tiffany wasn’t going to let this hunter get in her way. Sooyoung just a human, after all.

As Sooyoung charged, she spun around and dodged the oncoming attack. As she turned, she her elbow into hunter’s back, knocking her down from the strong force.

Tiffany smirked. The expression of Sooyoung’s anger face was priceless.

Still doesn’t compare to Jessie’s anger expression, though,” She thought back in her mind.

She held up one finger and taunted Sooyoung.

“Come and get me.”

“Why you…!”

Recovering from fall, Sooyoung advanced again. That spot on her back where the vampire hit was still throbbing painfully.

“You really haven’t changed from back then,” Tiffany smirked.

“Same goes for you.”

“How’s that scar?”

“Just a scar. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger right?”

“For me, that’s many things.”

Tiffany’s face turned serious. As Sooyoung was about to charge with the knife again, she pushed her back and sent her flying to the other side of the room, hitting the wall.

The vampire slowly approached Sooyoung, looking down on her as she was unable to get up from the pain. She knelt down and held Sooyoung’s shoulder, pushing her against the wall.

“Poor thing… does it hurt?”

“Stay away from me,” Sooyoung tried to push her away, but Tiffany got closer.

“Now, now, relax,” the vampire held Sooyoung’s cheek, caressed it. “Let me kiss you and make it better.”

The vampire leaned in and kissed Sooyoung’s lips. She was frozen as her lips pressed against Tiffany’s, unable to move as if some poison had gotten into her. And without knowing, she found herself stared straight into Tiffany’s eyes and falling under her spell.

The knife dropped to the floor and Sooyoung’s eyes closed. She started responding to the kisses and her whole body was heating up from the sensation.

Seeing that the hunter was getting into it, Tiffany swiped her tongue against Sooyoung’s lower lip and proceeded to deepen the kiss. The latter’s arms wrapped around Tiffany’s neck and pulled her in further as they indulged further, their tongues intertwining.

Tiffany gave a little teasing nibble at Sooyoung’s bottom lip before pulling away, seeing Sooyoung’s glazed eyes and pleased expression.

“You like that?”

Sooyoung nodded in reply.

“You want more?”

“Yes…!”

“Then, you have to do me a favor. I need to get inside Intel to do a few important things. Can you make sure no one tries to interfere? I would hate for something to happen~.”

“Of course… I’ll do it…”

“Especially, that Jessica girl. Perhaps you can distract her for me until my job is finished,” Tiffany tapped her chin before she thought of the perfect plan. “I know. Tomorrow, when I give the signal, I want you to find her and keep her distracted by seducing her. You’ll just be so head over heels for her, all you want is her, just for yourself. Just keep her away long ebough for me to finish. You can do that, right?”

“Yes… keep Jessica away…”

“And lastly, you’ll completely forget that I’m Miyoung. You only recognize me as Stephanie Hwang. Understood?”

Sooyoung nodded with empty eyes. “Understood.”

“Good~” Tiffany kissed Sooyoung’s lips shortly before moving to her neck. “Now, a little reward. Thanks for the food,”

She bit into Sooyoung’s neck and drank her blood, a small yelp escaping the hunter. The pain was soon replaced with pleasure and Sooyoung clutched onto Tiffany’s shirt, Sooyoung’s heart racing.

Tiffany her lips as she separated from her. She held up Sooyoung’s chin and smiled.

“Let’s continue this another time” Tiffany vanished away.

 

to be continue