taehyung, hoseok, & namjin

Suburbia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung watched all the little grade school children flood out of the school doors, smiling to himself. He wondered if he’d ever have his own child one day. Whether from his own seed, or from adoption. He knew his boys wouldn’t be with him for long. 

When he’d turned twenty, his boyfriend, who was twenty-five, was ready to take things to the next level and bought them a house in the suburbs. He was really wealthy. The older man wanted a big family, and since adoption was an extremely long process, they opted to become foster parents to children in need of housing until official adoption is available. It meant that their home would always be full and Taehyung was more than happy to have the company. They got the triplets when they were 3 years old,  and Mark when he was 13. After a year, the love of Taehyungs life decided he was done with this life and left. Leaving him with all the responsibilities. Luckily, with the money he received monthly to take care of the kids was enough to hold them over until he got himself on his feet on his own. The house was already payed for, so the only thing he paid for was the power and food and whatnot. He got himself extra money writing articles for local papers, taking advantage of the fact he’d majored in journalism. Minor in fashion. He liked to throw into conversations. 

 

“Tae they aren’t coming out.” 

 

Taehyung blinked, having been lost in his thoughts. “Oh. What in the world? Stay here. I’ll be back.” He said and moved the car into the parking lot, making sure mark was safe before he got out to go find the boys. 

 

He walked up to the front desk, having the perfect suburban mommy voice and smile perfected by now. “Hello. I’m wondering where my sons are? The triplets, Kim is the last  name.”  He explained kindly, getting a raised eyebrow in response. The secretary huffed and told him to check in the auditorium where the boys probably were. A lot of the staff and other moms thought quite lowly of him since he was a single parent, and wasn’t even really a parent. They were snobby. 

 

The light brunette didn’t take the cattyness to heart as he went to find the boys. 

 

The three cheered when they saw him and ran over, giving him hugs. “Hey guys. What is going on here? How come you didn’t come out to the car like we talked about?” 

 

“Oh tae there’s a play! And and teacher said we can be in it!”

 

“I didn’t know there was a play. What part will you guys play?” 

 

“Um our friends mommy said we can play the trees!” 

 

Taehyung smiled, deciding he would like to help with the other mommy’s. “Okay, do you want to take me to her?” The boys nodded and pulled him towards one of the women gathered up by the costumes. 

 

“Hi, I’m the triplets guardian. Kim Taehyung, I wanted to see if there’s anything I can help with.” 

 

“Oh. So you’re responsible for those three. I don’t think there’s any thing available for you to help with. Thank you anyways.” She said without even introducing herself. 

 

Taeyhung furrowed his brows, “are you sure?” He asked just before another mother came up and informed her that the mom making the costumes broke her wrist and couldn’t do it anymore. Almost unpleased, Jen turned around and gave him a fake smile. 

 

“Do you know how to sew?”

 

“Me? Yeah of course.” He grinned. 

 

“Okay wonderful,” Jen pulled a list of all the costumes they’d need within the next couple weeks, “I need these done. You can stay to fit everyone right now if you want.” 

 

“Oh I have my teenager in the car waiting for me. Can I come in tomorrow?” 

 

“Of course. Today was just assignment day. You can take the triplets. Tomorrow and every day forward will be mandatory though.” 

 

Taehyung nodded, a bit off out by how serious this woman was. “Okay thanks. See you tomorrow.” He said cheerfully and gathered his boys before taking them out to the car, letting them babble on about their day. 

When they got back to the car, of course mark complained about them taking so long but was at ease when taehyung promised he could pick out dinner. 

 

Thirty minutes later they arrived back at their block, the kids all spilling out of the car and running inside while taehyung was left to unload it of the groceries they’d stopped and gotten. He sighed but let it happen. He just couldn’t find it in himself to scold them or be mean, he was just a pushover. In all honesty, the little ones do listen and probably would’ve helped him but he would rather they be kids and have fun since he often had to do chores for his parents instead of be a kid. He tried to grab all his things in one go and ended up dropping a bag onto the floor, a few items falling out. Just his luck. 

 

“Hey you need help?”

 

Taehyung looked at the figure already walking up his driveway to pick up the items for him. He smiled, “Yeah. Thank you. Hoseok right?” 

 

“Yup, you probably should’ve just made the two tripe.” He chuckled. 

 

“I agree.” Taehyung laughed and picked up the bag, that surprisingly didn’t rip or tear. “At least we can refill it.” He chuckled. 

 

“Yes. Then it would’ve been really burdensome.” Hoseok agreed and started to fill the back with what he’d picked up. He’d walked round the block once to get a feel of things and was just about to head inside when tae has arrived home. He knew this neighbor was kind so he thought he’d come say hi, let him know how he was settling in. “It’s a beautiful neighborhood.”

 

“Yeah! I love it here, it’s stunning and quiet.” The light-brunette man answered, smiling as he led Hoseok inside after locking the car. “Oh by the way you have to come meet the boys. My close friend Choi Seokjin is an amazing party planner and he wants to throw you a housewarming party.” 

 

“Wha- really? They don’t even know me! That’s too kind!”

 

“Nonsense. You’re part of the family now. You should come to brunch tomorrow Yeah? It will be at Jimins House, it’s the tan one about two houses down from here.” 

 

Hoseok smiled and nodded, “okay. I will come, thank you so much for inviting me, for all this, you guys really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter