Chapter Two

It Wasn't A Coincidence

The wind caressing Jimin’s face felt great and refreshing, his eyes trained on the table that occupied by four people. Jimin was perched on one of the tree branch swinging his legs freely, at least he was high enough that people couldn’t see him. Instead of spending time with his friend Taehyung he was here watching or maybe stalking a certain black haired boy. It was already a week after the incident that his identity was found out by Yoongi, and he started to follow (stalk) the other two days after that. He couldn’t believe that the other will kept the secret safe. A week passed he already knew the other schedule and even the address of Yoongi’s home. Jimin made an excuse one day to Taehyung so he could follow Yoongi’s home, and many excuse to kept an eye on Yoongi.

For now Yoongi seem to keep their promise, there’s no one asked about his identity like he expected. Jimin was relieved but still he need to make sure that Yoongi wasn’t just waiting for the right time to tell everyone his secret. He diverted his attention back to Yoongi and his friends when he heard Yoongi’s voice. Yoongi slept as soon as he reached the table and it was twenty minutes ago. Jimin could see that Yoongi was scowling and he could faintly heard the curse that fall out of Yoongi’s mouth. The first thing he noticed about Yoongi was the other has a foul mouth and like to sleep. There’s so many times he found Yoongi asleep, whenever it was at class, canteen, rooftop, music room and the most of it was library.

Two of Yoongi’s friends were bickering and the other was laughing while Yoongi looked so pissed off that Jimin get scared despite he was far from the other. Yoongi’s friends didn’t seem to notice Yoongi’s wrath and when they did, it was already too late by the look of their terrified face. He giggled when he saw how Yoongi expression turned from pissed off to neutral blank face and the other three relaxed but had dejected faces.

 

“Hey, Jimin.” Taehyung tone was like usual, upbeat and had that excited lit on them but when Jimin turned to the other, Taehyung had a serious look on his handsome face. They were eating lunch together and Jimin was looking for Yoongi, who was walking with his friends.

“What is it, Taetae?” he asked using the nickname, that Taehyung really like to lighten the other mood.

“These past weeks, we didn’t have much time together.” The other paused and looked down, “Are you maybe avoiding me?” the last word was whispered that if he didn’t pay attention he would missed them.

Jimin stared at Taehyung with puzzlement, blinked three times and smiling sweetly. Taehyung thought Jimin was avoiding him and looked so dejected and so unlike the bright Taehyung warmed Jimin heart. He was so lucky to have Taehyung as friend, and now he felt bad for spending his time stalking Yoongi instead of paying attention to Taehyung. Jimin moved to sit beside Taehyung, he touched the other shoulder.

“Tae, I will never avoid you. I’m sorry that I haven’t spending time with you lately.” Jimin smiled and reached out to pat and caress the other head softly.

Taehyung looked back at him for a while and the other smiled at him. “Really?”

Jimin laughed hearing the other cheerful tone and nodded. Taehyung hugged him murmuring ‘I’m glad’ on his shoulder.

“Then why are you so busy? If you were studying then you can at least tell me and we can study together.” Taehyung said after they parted away.

“We never really study whenever you said studying together, you will whine that you are bored and will pester me to play.” Jimin retorted

“Well that’s right, but that wasn’t what I want to hear.” Taehyung pouted.

“Alright, alright.” He chuckled and looked around them, it was always crowded and he could risk that maybe they will heard what he was about to tell to Taehyung. “Taetae, can we talk about this after school?” he asked and earning a furrowed brow from Taehyung.

“I promise that I will tell you everything, okay? We can even spend the night together at your house, hm?” Jimin pleaded and he know Taehyung will agree with the offer of staying the night.

“Okay.” The other answered with a smile, making Jimin smiled and sighed in relieve in his head.

Jimin played with the sleeves of his sweater, his gaze flicked from his hands to Taehyung who has blank face and didn’t blink for maybe two minutes. He just finished telling Taehyung all of his secret, his identity and the reason he came to study at their school and why he was always busy these past weeks. Jimin asking Taehyung to hear his story until the end with no interruption but now he didn’t know what reaction that Taehyung gave him. Just when he wanted to call out to Taehyung the other suddenly smiled so big that it looked hurts.

“That’s so cool!” Taehyung screamed and making Jimin flinch from how loud it was.

“Wow, so you’re a witch?” Taehyung asked with sparkling eyes.

“Um, yes.” Jimin answered a bit scared by the big smile on Taehyung face become bigger.

“Show me!” Taehyung shouted

“Huh?”

“Show me, show me, show me! Show me your magic!” Taehyung said while crawling closer to Jimin.

“What?” Jimin squeaked and extended his hands to prevent Taehyung coming closer.

“I wanna see, wanna see. Show me pleaseee!”

“Calm down Tae.” He was still shocked and didn’t expect Taehyung to act this way. “I will show you, so please calm down a little.” He said and a shouted ‘okay’ from Taehyung made him sigh.

Jimin lifted his right hand, moving his index and middle finger up. The books on Taehyung desk floated and he moved his palm in circle motion making the books following the motion around Taehyung. Taehyung was looking at the books that circling him with mouth open and eyes full of awe and wonder. He lifted his left hands, the clothes that Taehyung dumped near his bed floated and with a flick from both his hands the books flied back to the desk while the clothes flied to the basket on the other side of the room.

Taehyung turned his head following the books and then to the clothes, he looked at Jimin then back to the desk and basket. Taehyung let out an excited sounds making Jimin laugh. Jimin flicked his finger towards Taehyung and the other eyes widened.

“Your hair is red.” Jimin grinned when Taehyung gasp and scrambled to reach his phone.

“What?!” Taehyung screamed after looking at himself from the camera app, turned to look at Jimin with mouth open.

Jimin laughed with the awe-struck face Taehyung had, he flicked his finger and motioned Taehyung to look at himself again. Taehyung hair color was back to normal.

“That was awesome!” Taehyung said a bit breathless. “You’re amazing, Jimin.”

“Thanks, Tae.” Jimin smiled, “Be grateful that I helped you with that.” he pointed to the basket.

“Oh, yeah.” Taehyung grinned, “You should tell me about this sooner.”

“So you can ask me to help tidying your messy room?” he teased the other.

“Of course not, but maybe...” Taehyung smiled sheepishly at him making both of them laugh.

“So someone already know your secret?” Taehyung asked after they both calmed down.

“Yes, his name Min Yoongi. I just wanted to know if Yoongi-ssi will keep his promise to never tell people about me or not.” Jimin said and the guilty about making Taehyung think that he avoided the other was apparent on his face.

“It’s alright.” Taehyung said softly, “so, what did you got these past weeks?” taehyung asked with curiosity.

“Well, it seems that my secret still safe. I was wary of Yoongi-ssi that’s why I decided to follow the other.” Jimin started,

“You were stalking him.” Taehyung retorted while grinning.

“I’m not...” Jimin could feels his cheeks warming, “So, Yoongi-ssi didn’t seem like a trustful person. The first week I spend watching tell me that Yoongi-ssi didn’t tell anyone even his friends.” He looked at Taehyung and the other hummed.

“My first thought of Yoongi-ssi changed from then, Yoongi-ssi seem to be an introvert person and he just had a few friends that he always hang out with. I never seen a person who loves sleep than him.” Jimin laughed remembering Yoongi always sleeping, “He got friends that have a really different personality, his friends were loud and like to smile and laugh while Yoongi-ssi always had blank look and foul mouth you know.”

“Hm...” Taehyung head was supported by his palm and his hands rested on his knees.

“What? Why are you smiling like that?” Jimin was confused and a bit scared by the smile that Taehyung had.

Taehyung waved his other hands “It’s nothing” and gestured for Jimin to continue. Jimin eyed the other that still had that creepy smile.

“It’s definitely something.” Jimin insisted.

“Well there’s something and it’s interesting.” Taehyung straightened his slouched form.

“What is?” Jimin asked and he was genuinely curious.

Taehyung smile widened “That’s why I told you to continue.”

“Okay...” Jimin said still unsure seeing the smile and a bit weirded out by it.