Final

It Wasn't A Coincidence

"Do you know what he said? He said he will get the book if-“ Taehyung ramble suddenly stopped and Jimin felt the other elbowed him softly. “Hey, isn’t that Yoongi?”


After Jimin told Taehyung weeks ago about his secret and Yoongi, the other always pointed out whenever he saw Yoongi. He didn’t know why Taehyung do that but he will look up and searching for the pale black haired male. Now there he is walking with his two friends that walked too close to each other. Yoongi was walking a bit behind them, yawning and slouching slightly. He smiled a little, the other always seem sleepy all the time even when they first met at the library. He heard snicker from beside him, looking up to his friend with questioning eyes.

“So...Yoongi sunbae isn’t going to expose you. Why are you still stalking him?” Taehyung asked with a smile after looking at Yoongi.

“I’m not stalking him.” Jimin elbowed the other with a bit strength making Taehyung complain. He looked straight intent on ignoring his friend.

“Then why I found you watching Yoongi sunbae playing basketball, moreover you were standing near the bush.” Taehyung had his smug smirk plastered on his face.

Jimin could feel his cheeks heating up, remembering a few days ago that Taehyung found him watching Yoongi. Well Jimin himself just found out that Yoongi often play basketball alone at that time around, and that day was the third times he watched the older male. Yoongi was good player from what Jimin saw, and he admired the other while playing because Yoongi seemed happy and free when playing basketball.

“Shut up, I just passing by and saw Yoongi sunbae playing.” Jimin said praying that Taehyung didn’t see his redened cheeks.

“Sure, sure.” Taehyung said and it was obvious by the other tone that he teasing Jimin.

“Just...Let’s go. We will be late to class.” Jimin said and walked before Taehyung. He glanced towards the direction where Yoongi was before and didn’t found the other. He sighed and listening back to Taehyung talking nothing.

 

-

 

Jimin was walking through the library carrying the books he need for studying, he just need one more book to search for. When he rounded the next shelf, he abruptly stopped on his track. Eyes wide and hands tightened on the books, Jimin stood there watching two male making out in front of him. The taller one was pinning the other, hands slipping through the shirt of the one that was pinned to the book shelf. The soft moan was heard and Jimin stepped back letting out a gasp making the other two stop and looks at Jimin's direction. What shocked Jimin was the two were Yoongi's friends.

"I-I'm s-sorry.." Jimin squeaked with cheeks aflame, bowing his head.

"See...Like I said we likely will found out." the smaller male with red hair said to the taller male.

"Sorry." The taller male with brown hair said. Even Jimin knew that the other wasn't feeling sorry at all with how he smiled at the red haired male.

"Um, sorry you have to see that." the red haired male said to Jimin.

Jimin shook his head, "N-no, It's okay." he glanced at the two and he blushed again, "I-I mean uh." Jimin didn't know what he was saying, he's flustered for sure.
The red haired male laughed, "Hey, calm down. We aren't angry, just can you keep this a secret please?"

Jimin looked up to both of them, "Uh, sure." he said making the both of them smile.

"Glad to hear that." The brown haired male said showing his dimple when smiling.

"What's your name? I'm Hoseok and that's Namjoon." The red haired male - Hoseok said while pointing at the brown haired male.

"Park Jimin." he said while bowing again, he still didn't catch up with all of this.

"So, Jimin you must not tell a word about what you saw to anyone okay?" Hoseok said.

Jimin just nodded, then watched they walk towards the exit after saying goodbye to him. Jimin stood there for a minute, processing what just happened. So Yoongi's friend Hoseok and Namjoon are lover but they're hiding their relationship. He let out a sigh leaning his back to the book shelf behind him, 'Is Yoongi know about this too?' Jimin thought. Most likely Yoongi know because they're friends or best friends, and he felt a tad bit happy that he also knew about this fact that Yoongi's best friends are dating. He didn't know why he felt like that but, noticing the books he still clutched on his chest reminded him about his intention coming to the library. Jimin resumed his search for the last book he needed and pushed the thought away for now.

After that whenever he met eyes with either Hoseok or Namjoon the two will send him a smile or a wave towards him that he timidly gave back. Taehyung asked about it when the other noticed when they just walking to the next class, Jimin answered that he just bumped into them a few days ago at the library and didn't tell Taehyung the full story. Unfortunately Jimin didn't see Yoongi much with Hoseok or Namjoon, and he already kind of missed the older. They never talked, but Jimin often saw Yoongi the past weeks but not seeing the other making him uneasy and troubled. Why are he like this, he didn't know himself and Taehyung seemed to notice this had always try to make him smile or laugh. Jimin really appreciated his friends, but today he wanted to relax himself because whenever he feels stressed or upset doing his magic always calm him down. Now he was at the school garden alone (Taehyung offered to come with him but he refused, Tae will definitely over excited and that's might become a problem).

He choose the place because there were plants beautiful plants that helped him relax and the fact that nobody came here except for the old man the gardener. Jimin can freely use his magic, that was he doing right now. He used his magic to water the plants paying extra care for the flowers, he made shower rain for the plants twirling himself feeling the magical power from the plants. With the water he made there is a little rainbow formed and he smiled seeing that, how he felt calm and refreshed. Jimin even made one of the flowers bloomed faster, it color was yellow and it was so beautiful. He touched the petal slowly with care, smiling closing his eyes feeling contented. Jimin stood up straight when he felt another presence, he whipped his head towards where he assumed the person is.

There stood Min Yoongi just like the first time they met but what different was the expression the older had. The black haired male stared at Jimin with awe and something he couldn't interpret. Jimin could feels his cheeks started to feel warm and fidgeted with his sleeve when Yoongi didn't look away.

"Um..." Jimin was glancing back and forth between Yoongi and the ground, he definitely had red cheeks now.

"That was amazing..." Yoongi's voice was like the usual he heard but he could see by the dazed look that the older was impressed.

That made Jimin extremely happy and his blush darkened, he heard Yoongi mumbling something. "What?" he asked but Yoongi just shook his head.

But Jimin heart beating faster because he did catch what the other said 'Beautiful', he just didn't believe Yoongi said that so he asked. Yoongi walked closer to him and it didn't help his heart that still beating faster. Yoongi stood near the flower he just bloomed before and touched it softly.

"I didn't know you can do something like this.." The older remarked still staring at the flowers and smiling - a little smile but it made his heart skip a beat.

So Jimin just nodded letting his head bowed after, knowing his cheeks were red. Yoongi moved to the other plants observing them and Jimin used this chance to look at Yoongi. Jimin was glad he can see the rare smile from Yoongi and he didn't want to miss out the other expression that Yoongi rarely show, moreover he was really happy that he met Yoongi now. Jimin was content just looking at Yoongi but somehow he didn't want to end it just like this, so he tried to make a conversation.

"Uh...Thank you for keeping the secret safe." Jimin said while playing with his sleeve looking at the flowers and plants around him.

"No problem, I wouldn't want to expose your secret. I promised." Yoongi said already finished looking around and now stood a few steps before Jimin. "I never know magic can do something like this." Yoongi gestured to the plants, "If you're not troubled can I know about magic more?" Yoongi was looking at Jimin straight.

Jimin cheeks that just started to back to normal now became red again, "Uh...I-I don't mind.. I can tell you." Jimin stuttered.

Yoongi smiled a bigger one than before and Jimin's heart skip a beat once again, "Let's sit over there." Yoongi said and walked to the bench not far from where they stood. Jimin followed the older male, willing his heart to calm down and fanning his face that feels so hot. He ended up spending the evening with Yoongi talking about magic and everything.

 

 

 

"Yes Mom, I'm eating fine. Actually I'm cooking my dinner right now." Jimin hands was busy, peeling potatoes and then chopping them. His phone floating near him and followed him whenever he move, he glanced at the pan moving his index finger the ladle floated and stirred the soup he was cooking.

"Hm...I just want to make sure. You missed our call last weeks and I was worried, Jimin." He know she was worried and he feels guilty about it.

"I'm sorry mom. I just...forgot, because I'm.... busy.... that day we supposed to call." Jimin know she noticed his hesitant at the 'busy' word and she will ask him about it for sure.

"Oh busy, what made you so busy that you forgot Jimin-ah?" See she definitely noticed, Jimin cursed himself inwardly.

"Ah, the usual mom. I was studying you know." Jimin tried to sound nonchalant and he knew his mother didn't buy it by how silent she is for a few seconds.

"That's not true, right Jimin-ah?" Oh now he couldn't avoid it when she uses that tone.

Jimin sighed aloud adding the potatoes on the soup, putting the frying pan and started to make scrambled egg. "Yes, I'm not actually studying." he put two eggs on the pan, "I was spending my time talking."

"Talking with who? Taehyung?" she asked, her voice fading a bit towards the end she probably moving around.

"Not Tae. I was talking with someone else." Jimin could feel his cheeks heating up just remembering that day he spend with Yoongi.

"Who?" she sounds curious and he bit his lips from smiling too much.

"Actually Tae wasn't the first person who knows my identity..." Jimin said with an unsure tone.

"This person you talked with was the first one, I assume?"

"Yes." Jimin answered while he turning off the stove and pour the scrambled egg on a plate, he checked the soup tasting it then also turning off the stove.

"So, who's this person?"

"Um, his name is Min Yoongi and he's older than me." Jimin began while serving himself a bowl of rice and the soup. "He accidentally found me when I'm using magic." He sat down and grabbed his phone.

"Accidentally..." she said and he could picture the smile she had.

"Yes, I made him promise that he must not tell anyone. He keep that promise and just that day we met again. He also saw me using magic." Jimin played with the apron hem he used, "I was relaxing because I was a little bit stressed."

"Using magic calm you down." she remarked and Jimin hummed in agreement.

"Then we talked about magic and all." Jimin said with a smile, Yoongi looked really cute when he listening to Jimin story about magic.

"That's great, honey. I see you had a good time." her tone was what he decipher she really feel happy for him. "What kind of person Yoongi is?" she asked.

"Yoongi-hyung is.." calling Yoongi by hyung was the older offer when they met for the third times after 'the garden incident' because Jimin called the older Yoongi-shi. Jimin blushed when he first said it and still blush whenever he said it, he didn't know why he's blushing.

He definitely blushing right now too, "He always looks tired and sleepy, he usually had blank face or scary face." Jimin giggled.

"He's also kind and treasure his close friends." Jimin smiled remembering Yoongi told him about Hoseok and Namjoon also Jin the other friends Yoongi had. "He looks cool when playing basketball and always looks happy when talking about music and his parents." Jimin rested his head on his palm, his elbow on the table while his other hands making weird pattern on the table near his phone.

"Hm, I'm glad you're happy Jimin honey." Her tone was a bit strange he never heard it from her before.

"What?" he asked wanted to know what she means by saying that.

"You know what I'm saying..." she answered while laughing a little, "Now eat your dinner, it will get cold."

"Okay..." Jimin said a bit confused by her answer.

"Talk to you later, don't forget again.."

Jimin whined and said he will not forget again, bidding goodbye to her. He stared at his dinner thinking about what his mom was said just now, he didn't understand. He sighed and started to eat because the food will get cold like she said.

 

-

 

 

"What do you think, Yoongi-hyung?"

Taehyung and Jimin started to have lunch together with Yoongi and his friends, Yoongi was the one who suggested the idea. Jimin also started to bake something after knowing Yoongi likes sweets, he will bake cookies once a week and give it to Yoongi and their friends. Now Jimin made something new and wanted to see if Yoongi liked it or not, he waited the older reaction while giving Hoseok and Taehyung the sweets.

"It's a bit sweet, but it's great. I like it." Yoongi said then picking one again to eat.

Jimin smiled happy that Yoongi liked it, "Okay, next time I'll make it less sweet." He moved his attention to the other two, "How's it, Hyung, Tae?"

"Delicious, but I think it's not that sweet." Hoseok said after eating it.

"Yeah. But you definitely improving Jimin." Taehyung smiled at him.

"Thank you." Jimin smiled at them and turned to Yoongi again.

Yoongi was still eating the second piece, the black haired male had that expression whenever he ate sweet things and that always made Jimin smile sometimes giggle to himself. That was why he started baking in the first place, he liked seeing Yoongi happy wanted to make the older happy.

Now that they become friends Jimin got to know more of Yoongi and he also get more weird feeling that he didn't know. Like his heart skip a beat, warm tickling feels on his stomach and his cheeks or face got warmer so often. All of them always happened when he near Yoongi or thinking about the black haired male. He asked about it to his mother and she didn't offer much help by saying 'Ah it's good to be young..'. What was that supposed to mean Jimin didn't know and when he asked what it means, She had something to do so they ended the call. It didn't help as the days passed Jimin noticed that Yoongi become more and more handsome and cool, it made the weird feelings intensified.

His next choice was to talk about it with Taehyung, so he decided to sleep over at the other place today. They were huddled together, Taehyung setting up the laptop to watch some movies that Taehyung picked. Jimin looked at the other contemplating should he tell Taehyung now or after the movie, if he choose after the movie then he will not focus on watching but worrying.

"Hey Tae, I want to ask something." Jimin looked down preparing himself, it was nothing why was he so nervous.

"Sure thing." Taehyung now turned his body so they faced each other.

Jimin looked up saw Taehyung encouraging smile and he told Taehyung all of them, the garden incident, the weird feeling. Taehyung listened to all never interrupting him just hummed along and nodding indicating the other was listening. When he finished Taehyung had a really big smile and seemed to radiate happiness. Not long after Taehyung let out a squeal and laughing while clutching on of the pillow.

"Tae?" Jimin asked a bit confused by the reaction.

Taehyung stopped after a few seconds and stared at Jimin, "Oh sorry, I'm just really glad and excited." the other laughed, "I'm so happy for you Jimin."
And that's reminded him for what his mother said, so he tilted his head earning 'Oh my gosh!' from Taehyung with exasperate face.

"Do you want to know what is it you feels?" Taehyung asked with a wide smile.

Jimin nodded, "It's called love, Jimin."

"Love..." Jimin know that, his mother always told him she and his father loved each other and they also loved Jimin. His mother also told him the different between his father and his mother love towards each other and love towards him. He never know love feels like this it was definitely different from the love for his parents or his friends.

"I love Yoongi-hyung..."He said aloud, Taehyung beamed at him and nodded his head frantically. "Oh my gosh, Tae I love Yoongi-hyung!" he said with wide eyes.

"Yes, yes I know!" Taehyung said excited, then they laughed.

"Wait- wait, you know?" Jimin asked after progressing Taehyung words.

"Yeah I know." Taehyung had a smug smile, "From that time when you told me about Yoongi-hyung."

"How?" Jimin asked astonished.

"Well that time it not exactly love but you definitely feels attracted or like Yoongi-hyung, by how you always smiled through the time you told me about him." Taehyung was looking up like he was thinking, "And it developed to love now." The other grinned.

"Wow Tae, I didn't know you had that ability in you." Jimin said after a while.

"Of course, I'm doctor of love!" Taehyung posed a weird pose making both of them laugh. "So when are you going to confess?"

"W-What?" He squeaked.

"Confess to Yoongi-hyung...so that you two can be a couple." Taehyung said excitedly.

"Wait, a couple?" Jimin asked while his face reddened.

"Yeah, don't you want to be Yoongi-hyung's boyfriend?"

"B-Boyfriend?" Jimin cupped his warm cheeks and looked down. He was so red thinking about him being Yoongi's boyfriend, holding hands, hugging and k-kissing, all of them made him swoon with happiness.

"I don't know Tae." Jimin said after calming himself looking unsure, what if Yoongi didn't look at him that way just liking Jimin as friend.

"You definitely should!" Taehyung said touching Jimin's hand, "Believe me. It will work just fine." Jimin felt his hands being squeezed.

 

-

 

Jimin was beyond nervous, today he will confess to Yoongi. He checked the dessert he bought for Yoongi that securely placed inside the small bag he carried. From the early morning he already felt nervous, Taehyung was the one who suggested him to do this today. Taehyung said he will try to get both Jimin and Yoongi have time together, and fortunately Hoseok and Namjoon told them they must finished something from the teacher (the truth Jimin knew it was a lie, they just spend their time together) while Jin was absent because he didn’t feel fine and already went home after second period.

Jimin was waiting for Yoongi at their usual table, fidgeting and fussing his hair or his uniform. Yoongi said he had to talk to his classmate about assignment for a bit and told Jimin to wait. Jimin didn’t notice when the bench across from him started to shake too immersed on his nervousness. He looked up when he heard the noise from the shaking bench, he gasped and immediately tried to calm himself. Jimin unconsciously affected his surrounding by his magic over his nervousness. After taking a deep breath he closed his eyes, feeling the nature around him. When he felt calmer he opened his eyes, the bench didn’t shake and made him let out a relieved sigh.

He tensed again when he noticed Yoongi coming from afar. Brushing his hair, checking the small bag beside him, then taking one deep breath again Jimin tried to calm himself. Yoongi smiled when he reached their table sat across from him with a can of instant coffee and lunch box from the store. They greeted each other, eating their lunch with occasional talk about the day. The conversation flow easily between them, Jimin was feeling comfortable and happy forgetting the nervousness he had before.
But when they finished eating and Jimin glanced at his small bag, he started to feel nervous again. He will confess after Yoongi ate the dessert he made. He grabbed the bag putting it on their table.

“H-hyung, I made something for you.” Jimin said pulling out the dessert and sliding it closer to Yoongi.

“Oh, Thank you Jimin-ah.” Yoongi smiled reaching for the dessert.

Jimin blushed looking down shyly retracted his hands and playing with them, he looked up again when he heard Yoongi opening the dessert box. He watched Yoongi eat with a small smile, Yoongi really is cute and handsome too. The older eyes widen just slightly and let out a satisfied hum that Jimin could barely hear because it was so quiet. He smiled a bit wider, chuckling inwardly Yoongi is so cute. Jimin could watch Yoongi all day, getting to see the older expression and knowing more about the older.

Jimin noticed Yoongi has stopped eating and looking at him. “What’s wrong Yoongi-hyung?”

“It’s delicious.” Jimin nodded while smiling, “You usually made more, but today you only made one.” Yoongi said looking at the half eaten dessert and then at Jimin.
Jimin cheeks heat up again, he knew the meaning behind that words. Yoongi asked why he just made it for Yoongi only, usually he made it for the other too.

“Ah...um...” Jimin averted his gaze from Yoongi because he felt like his face will burn by how hot he feels right now.

His heart beating fast and he know that it was the time for him to confess, told Yoongi about what he’s feeling for the older male. But he also scared what if it didn’t end up badly, if Yoongi didn’t accept his feeling. Yoongi isn’t that type of person, but his worry clouded that fact. He jolted when his hands was grabbed softly, Yoongi who was across from him before now sat beside him. Jimin looked up to Yoongi’s face and to their hands, his face become much red than before.

“Jimin, are you not feeling well? You’re acting strange and your face is red.” Jimin could hear the older worried tone and see concerned face.

Before Jimin could respond Yoongi put his other hand on Jimin forehead and leaning closer. Jimin heart was beating so fast, his stomach was full of butterflies. Yoongi’s face was close to his own, he could see his eyelashes clearly, his eyes and cute nose. He break off from his dazed state when Yoongi started to talk again.

“You’re a bit warm.”

Jimin jerked back, like he just noticed how close they are. “Ah...I-I’m fine...” he squirmed away, wanted to calm himself a little. But Yoongi was still holding his hands and the older actually looked confused and worried. Jimin must confess now, he didn’t know when he got the chance to do it again if he wasn’t doing it now.

“Yoongi-hyung. I... I-“ he looked up face red and hands trembling “I li-“

“Wait.” Yoongi interrupted making Jimin stopped immediately and looking at the other surprised. Yoongi’s gaze was intense and he never saw the looks Yoongi had right now and that making his stomach churn.

Did Yoongi know Jimin going to confess and stopped him to tell that he didn’t feel the same. Jimin mind was full of the negative thought and his eyes started to glisten with tears.

“Jimin-ah.” Yoongi voice brought him back, the older was still staring at him with that look before. “Jimin, I think this is unfair.”

Jimin tilted his head confused with what was the older said and opened his mouth to ask but Yoongi stopped him by squeezing his hands that still attached to Yoongi’s.
“I should have do it sooner, I must be the one that doing it.” Yoongi said with emphasis, turned his head like he was ashamed. Then Yoongi was looking straight at Jimin.

“Jimin. I like you and maybe this like will become love so will you be my boyfriend?”

Jimin blinked at Yoongi who was smiling that smile he adored, did he hallucinated or is this a dream. Yoongi said he like Jimin and asked him to be his boyfriend. It was like dream come true. But feeling the warm radiated from Yoongi;s hand that holding his, and Yoongi’s smile he knew it is real.

Jimin smiled so wide, “Yes, I will.” He said full of happiness. “And I like you too, a lot.”

Yoongi’s smile widen and then pulled Jimin into a hug. Jimin hugged the other back, he felt light and content. When they pulled back Yoongi let out a surprised sound and Jimin noticed that their surrounding was now full with flower petals. Some flowers grow near the table, they were beautiful. It was the effect of his happiness, like before he unconsciously made the flowers grown. Yoongi looked at him confused and Jimin laughed nodding his head.

“It’s because of me.”

“Wow, it’s beautiful.” Yoongi said looking around, “I should make you happy so this will happen, hm?” Yoongi asked while touching Jimin face.

Jimin reddened, looking down shyly but Yoongi lifted his face up. The older leaning closer and Jimin widen his eyes because Yoongi was going to kiss him for sure. He closed his eyes when he could feel Yoongi’s breath on his face. Yoongi’s lip was soft and the other breath was fanning his face. The kiss was soft just lasted for a few seconds but Jimin is happy. The happiest with Yoongi looking at him so lovingly.