Chapter One

It Wasn't A Coincidence

The area was full of people, couples or family or bunch of friends hanging out together. Jimin looked around with smile on his face and eyes twinkling with interest, sometimes letting out ‘oh’s and ‘ah’s when seeing the invention of smart normal people made. He was just arrived in this city yesterday, he already settled on the dorm and now looking around the beautiful city. Jimin was lucky to get one person dorm and not the two person dorm because he wouldn’t be able to do magic at all. He reached this far (enroll at normal human high school that is) because of the help from his Jin-hyung who was now can’t accompany him for the first month here because of work.

Jimin stopped his admiring when the phone on his jacket hoodie vibrated, yes he has a phone. Despite being a witch that live at faraway city and the outskirt area near the forest, the one thing they have from the normal human invention is phone, because it’s important and easy to use than the mirror that his mom used for communication. Talking about mom, she was the one calling him.

“Hello, mom!” he greeted her.

“Hi, Jimin-ah. I see you’re alright sweetie.” She chuckled and he laughed with her.

“Of course mom, more than alright I feel really great!” He said and continued his walking.

“Glad to know that. Just want to call you, I miss you already.” Jimin could see the smile on her face right now.

“I miss you too mom, and dad too.” He chuckled. “I can’t wait for school tomorrow.”

“Do you have everything with you?” from her tone he could sense she was worried.

“Yes, I have everything, I already settled on the dorm and had all the documents I need.” He said to reassure her.

“Alright. Where are you right now? I bet you’re out to venture right?” she asked

“Yes, I’m looking around and now in a park. It’s beautiful here mom, so many interesting things and so many people.” He said with a smile while he scanned his surrounding.

“Of course, but isn’t our home beautiful too Jimin?” she said in a mock hurt tone.

“I know, our home is the most beautiful place mom but here also beautiful.” He walked to the place where less people are and near a bunch of trees. “The magical power on here is weak though, and I feel a bit unsettled.” He confessed.

“Indeed because there’s not much natural beings there to produce the power.” She said matter of fact and he nodded. “Okay Jimin-ah, I let you explore more and your father need me I think.” He heard rustling sound on the background.

“Alright, mom. Let’s talk later, tell dad I miss him and I love you two.” He said with a kissing sound that his mother just laughed at.

He let out a breath relishing in the warm sunlight through the trees, and the calm aura from the plants, the ground, the skies and the animals in there although he couldn’t see them. He smiled after thinking about school tomorrow he can’t wait to learn more about normal people.

 

-

 

The corridor was empty, no the entire school is empty aside from the security that he greeted when he entered the gate. Jimin was so excited he wake up way too early and decided to just went to school to explore so he could find his classes easily later. He already found the teachers room, headmaster room, the auditorium, music room and a few other classes. After walking for fifteen minutes he found the library after the pool, the library was huge and he can’t wait to see how many interesting books there.

He headed back to teacher room to hand his document and get his schedule for class. Finding his first class was easy and his homeroom teacher seem to be very kind that she wanted to accompany him to class when she had class on the opposite building as him. So he refused her offer politely saying that he already know his way because he got there early. His first class according to the schedule he got was chemistry and he hope that it will be fun.

It was not fun - it was super fun and he got an interesting friend, his name is Taehyung, bright personality and a bit weird but Jimin like the other for the different vibe the other gave. He got paired up with Taehyung, the project they should do isn’t really difficult - the teacher said but Jimin didn’t understand at all so Taehyung was the one showed him how to do most of it. The other was funny and like to spice things up by doing not exactly like the teacher said, Taehyung added something that made their potion pink and let out a puff of pink smoke that smell funny. It made him impressed and let out amazed sound every time the other did something like that.

Taehyung invited to have lunch together later that of course he agreed and they talked much more when lunch time came, sharing their food. He was glad that he can be friend with Taehyung, the other made his day so much better. They become much closer in the span of two weeks that they always eat lunch together, went home together, do their homework together. He really is happy spending time with the other but today Jimin wanted to be alone, reading books peacefully. So he make his way to the library after bidding Taehyung goodbye, there’s not so many student passed this area but he could hear faint shouting from the soccer field.

The library was empty, how lucky he was today he could read books all he want and had peaceful time. First row from his left was interesting but all of them were too thick and he couldn’t finish it today like he wanted so he continued to the next row. He was looking up on the top shelf while walking to the side that he didn’t see the troll that has stack of books, and knocked it making all the books scattered on the floor. The sound made him wincing and looking around then heaving a relieved sound that there’s no one there.

Jimin bend down to set the troll upright and gather the books when he had a brilliant idea. There’s no one here so it was safe to use his magic right? there’s no harm in it, beside he wouldn’t spend his reading time just to gather these books. He looked up then around to made sure there’s no other person than him and straightened himself. Jimin lifted his hand making ten books floating in the air and swing them gently to where the troll was, the books arranged itself neatly. He repeated it two times when he heard something from behind him, he whipped his head to the sound the books that floated in the air dropping back to the floor.

He found someone at the library door with wide eyes, he let out a gasp and turned his body to face the other. “Don’t freak out please!” he know he sound so desperate but he was indeed desperate.

Jimin couldn’t let his identity found out this early, he thought he could make it for maybe the last year in here but now someone already know. He clasped his hand in front of his chest while biting his lips waiting for the other to react or say anything. The other was a boy maybe a bit older than him, had black hair and pale skin. He waited with bated breath the other surprised expression eased out to a calm almost boring expression. He let out a breath when he saw it, and awkwardly coughing to ease his nervousness.

“Uhm, just.... can you wait a moment please.... I must sort these books first.” Jimin gestured to the books on the floor and the other boy nodded. “Please sit if you’re comfortable.” He added after.

He turned back to the books and make quick work tidying them with his magic, no use to hide it now that the other already saw. When he finished the other was slumped on the desk near him, his head was supported by one of his hand and he seemed to watch him the entire time.

‘How should I talk about this?’ Jimin thought, the other didn’t freak out and he felt grateful for it. He approached the other and sat in front of the other, ‘ it’.

“Uh. Hello I’m Park Jimin.” Jimin started with a smile, well at least he should know the other name so if somehow his identity was known by the entire school then he will know the person who do it.

“Min Yoongi.” The other said after just looking at Jimin for thirty seconds.

“Okay, Yoongi-ssi. I know what you just saw is weird and I hope that you can keep this a secret.” Jimin said straight to the point.

“It’s weird, What are you?” the straight forward question from Yoongi who’s face was blank and Jimin can’t guess what the other was thinking.

“I’m....I’m what you call a witch.” He hesitated before saying with a hushed voice.

“A witch?” Yoongi tone was flat and his gaze was focused on Jimin.

Jimin squirmed with how the other gazed at him and nodded his head slowly.

“I see, you do magic and just now that was magic?” Yoongi gestured to the books that now neatly arranged behind Jimin.

“Yes, it is. Did we agree that you will keep this secret?” Jimin asked one more time now looked straight at Yoongi.

The other looked at him and nodded, “Okay.”

“Really?” Jimin asked surprised that the other agreed easily.

Yoongi nodded then stood up, “I need to go.” And walked towards the door after bowing his head slightly towards Jimin.

Jimin looking at the empty library with mouth hanging open slightly, he straightened and bowed deeply. “Oh god, Thank you.” He said to no one.