Tuesday: part 2

The Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wednesday morning, 6am, Eric's place

 

Minwoo planned to wake up early the next day but he and Eric had laid in bed together and talked late into the night. They touched on every topic from favorite foods to what kind of music they liked. By the time they fell asleep, Minwoo had snuggled close to Eric and the taller man had slipped his arm around Minwoo's slim waist. Minwoo felt more peaceful than he had in a long time and he hoped that Eric wouldn't see him as needy when everything was said and done.

The smell of coffee tickled at Minwoo's senses and he opened his eyes. The spot next to him was empty and he sat up and stretched before slipping out of bed. The clothes that Eric had slept in were folded neatly on a chair by the bedroom door and as Minwoo passed them, he smiled.

In the kitchen Eric had just finished putting two plates on the island and was turning back to grab two full coffee cups. He was dressed casually in jeans and a gray pullover hoodie, his feet bare. His hair was damp and combed back off his broad forehead. As he turned and saw Minwoo a grin lit up his face.

“Morning, sleepy head. I wasn't sure what time you would be up”, he said as he set the coffee on the table.

Minwoo used one hand to ruffle his hair and came and sat down, “You must have been up early to make breakfast”, be said as he looked at the food in front of him. The plates were heaped with pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs.

“Not too early. I had a quick shower and let you sleep”, Eric said as he joined Minwoo.

The scene felt so homey that Minwoo felt like he was dreaming and he reached for his coffee and took a sip as he watched Eric over the rim of his cup as the taller man started to eat.

“You didn't have to go to all this trouble, I could have stopped and gotten something on my way to work”, Minwoo said and set his mug down and started to eat.

“It's not a big deal, Minwoo”, Eric said as he took a bite of his scrambled eggs. “You needed to eat and I was making breakfast.” He thought Minwoo looked adorable with bedhead and he couldn't help but grin.

Minwoo furrowed his brow and sighed softly, “Sorry… I guess I still feel a little awkward. It's just so surreal, ya know.”

“You were fine last night, what happened?”, Eric tilted his head slightly and examined the man across from him.

“I feel like I'm taking advantage of you somehow. I'm getting a lot and all you got was conversation”, Minwoo said softly as he looked away.

Eric suppressed the urge to chuckle and leaned forward and looked at Minwoo, “Look at me, please?”, he said softly and Minwoo turned his gaze back to Eric.

“You didn't want to get carried away…. Now you feel like it's an unfair trade….. what can I do to make it even?”, Eric reached out and tugged at a stray lock of Minwoo's hair.

 

Minwoo thought about it for a moment and bit the inside of his cheek before he spoke, “Well….. you said it's a date right? So people on a date usually kiss at the end of it, right?”

Eric's eyebrows shot up and he let out a laugh. Minwoo flinched because it felt like Eric was making fun of him.

“So you're saying you want a kiss? That's all it will take to shake the feeling you have?”, Eric said as he leaned back and sipped his coffee. “How do you know I didn't have that planned already? That it was something I wanted to do anyway?”

Minwoo blushed and felt absolutely silly for a moment.

“I just….I didn't know. I know we had a great time last night and that I slept better than I have in a while. I didn't want to assume anything and take advantage of your kindness”, Minwoo said and fiddled with his knife and fork.

 

“I already told you that if you want to see me after this is all over all you have to do is let me know and I'll be there. Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know, Lee Minwoo?” Eric reached out and put his hand over Minwoo's and smiled softly. The silverware fell from his fingers with a sharp sound on the granite countertop.

 

“Okay Eric….. I'm just terrible at stuff like this…. Flirting and relationships”, Minwoo turned his hand over and clasped Eric's gently then pulled away.

“Now that we got this taken care if, you should eat. I'm sure you want a shower before you dress. Plus I've got to drive you back to the bar to get your truck. If you give me your account number, I'll get the money transferred”, Eric said, relieved that Minwoo had calmed down.

He could tell as soon as Minwoo walked into the kitchen that something was bothering him. He'd looked the same the first time Eric had seen him. If he was going to be perfectly honest, he had wanted to approach Minwoo and try to talk to him but he was too nervous. If the man hadn't needed help, he probably would have never gotten up and approached him.

 

Without anything bothering him Minwoo managed to get through his breakfast and another cup of coffee before he headed to the bathroom to shower. Eric cleaned up their breakfast dishes and had settled on the couch to check his emails while he waited for Minwoo to finish.

 

Minwoo showered and dressed in the worn jeans, t shirt, and zip up hoodie he'd packed the day before. His work shoes waited for him in the cab of his truck and after brushing his teeth and combing his hair he left the bathroom and went back out to Eric, his bag slung over his shoulder.

“I'm ready anytime you are”, Minwoo said as he went and sat across from Eric in a chair that matched the couch.

 

“Just let me send this liquor order and we can head out”, Eric said as he tapped the screen of his phone. He could smell the body wash that Minwoo used and it was a fresh scent with just a hint of citrus. Even in the rough clothes Minwoo wore, he looked handsome and not a bit out of place in the elegant setting.

“Okay, all set”, Eric said and stood up, his long lean frame towering over the still seated Minwoo. He reached out and pulled Minwoo out of the chair and looked down at him.

“Would you like your kiss now or after we get back to your truck”, he said softly and felt Minwoo's hand start to tremble.

“Might as well get it out of the way”, Minwoo whispered and leaned in a little. To Minwoo's surprise Eric slipped his arms around his waist and pulled his close so that their bodies were aligned and looked into his eyes.

“Thank you for a great date”, Eric said huskily before he dipped his head down and brushed his lips against Minwoo's gently. Minwoo felt his heart start to race and his eyes slid shut. Eric gave his lips another gentle brush before he released him.

“Let's get you to work now, Minbongie”, Eric whispered.

“Min-minbongie”, Minwoo stuttered as he opened his eyes and looked at Eric, “what's that?”

Eric chuckled and tweaked Minwoo's nose, “Your new nickname. Because you are so adorable and your name is Minwoo.” He loved the way Minwoo blushed slightly and slipped his arm through his as they headed for the door together.

The drive to the bar passed quickly and when they pulled up behind the truck Eric pulled his phone out and opened a memo. He handed the phone to Minwoo,” Go ahead and put your account number in. Also your number so I can text you when I've transferred the money. I'll also text you Andy’s number so you two can make plans to meet up.”

Minwoo took the phone and typed in the information. He handed it back and as he did, Eric grabbed his hand and pulled him towards him. They shared another soft kiss that left Minwoo's knees weak and as he got out of the car he smiled at Eric and waved.

“Have a good day, Eric”, he said and closed the car door gently before he walked to his truck and unlocked it before he got in. He gripped the steering wheel with shaking hands and took a few deep breaths before he started the truck and pulled away from the curb.

Eric waited until he couldn't see the truck anymore before he got out of his car and went to let himself into the bar. He had inventory to do, but first he would make sure to transfer the money into Minwoo's account. After the amount was transferred, he sent Minwoo a text to let him know and focused on his work. He was a little anxious that Minwoo would be spending an evening with each of his best friends. They were all gentlemen in their own way and he hoped Minwoo wouldn't be swayed by their charms.

 

9am, Minwoo's work site

 

Minwoo had stopped by the hospital to check on Hana on his way to work. Her condition had improved overnight and they had switched the ventilator to just oxygen. While he was watching her his phone went off and he saw that Eric had deposited the money like he said he would. He also saw the number of the next man he would be spending the night with. He decided to wait until his lunch break to message him. Before he left the hospital he had stopped by the financial department and used the money from Eric to pay part of the bill. A sense of relief swept over him and he left with a spring in his step as he went back to his truck and headed to work.

They were just finishing up the pond they had started the day before, waterfall included and Minwoo worked out a way to set solar powered lights between the stones so that it would be lit up at night.

“I can't believe how well it turned out”, their client exclaimed as he showed her how to turn the pumps on and off with a remote. “My late husband always wanted a koi pond and we just put it off until it was too late.” She wiped a tear from her gently creased face and gripped Minwoo's hand in hers. When she released it he felt something that she left behind.

“Thank you so much, young man. I'm sure he's smiling down from heaven. You go on now, I'm sure you have plenty of other work to do.”

“Yes, halmeoni. I'm glad that you like what we did”, Minwoo bowed slightly before he turned away and looked in his hand. She had given him a 50,000 won note and a piece of ginseng candy.

The candy he unwrapped and popped into his mouth, wincing a little at it's pungent, spicy flavor. The money he tucked into his pocket, he would use it to buy some flowers to take to Hana when he got off work. There was more than enough to buy the flowers so he would pick up a stuffed animal. He whistled as he help pack everything back into the trucks and they headed to their next job.

“How's your sister doing?”, one of the guys asked him as they unloaded bags of dirt to start building up some flowerbeds in front of an upscale boutique.

“I checked on her this morning”, Minwoo said with a grunt as he slung a 10 pound bag of soil over each shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter