Monday: part 2

The Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(I just wanted to add this so the next chapter is the start of the five days, i felt like the first chapter would be too long with it.)

 

Monday night, 8pm, outside Over the Moon

 

Minwoo pulled up outside the bar and parked. He looked out the window and saw the plants and rock sculptures he had planted and arranged so carefully. In the middle was a statue of the Greek moon goddess Selene, the base of it lit up with strings of white fairy lights. He took a deep breath and got out of the truck and pulled the door opened and entered the bar.

 

The smell of cigar smoke and grilled meat filled the air and he looked around. The tables were marble topped and the booths were made of blood red leather. At a large table in one corner sat five men, Minwoo watched them from a distance. The man he'd met earlier sat at the head of the table. His jacket was draped over the back of his chair and the sleeves of his dress shirt were rolled up as he moved meat around a portable grill in front of him. To his left sat a tall woman with long blonde hair and slightly garish makeup. She wore a short skirt, a low cut top and a pair of heels that could only be described as come me heels. Beside her was a tall man that was dressed as elegantly as Eric had been but his jacket was still on and he smoked with a bored expression as the short young looking man beside him chattered away in an excited voice. The last in their group had a book open on the table and ate bites of meat as he read.

 

Minwoo decided that they all looked fairly harmless so he approached slowly and waited until he was noticed.

“Ah I see you decided to join us after all. Why don't you have a seat”, Eric said and pointed at the seat to his right. Minwoo slipped his leather jacket off and draped it off before he sat down and looked around the table at everyone.

“So what's your name, honey?”, the woman beside Eric asked him in a soft husky voice. Minwoo looked at her closely and cleared his throat before he answered.

 

“Um… Lee Minwoo…. My name is Lee Minwoo”, Minwoo answered as he watched Eric move the meat around and place some on a plate for everyone to share.

“Jung Pilkyo, but my friends call me Hyesung”, the woman said cheerfully and reached around Eric to shake his hand. The size of her hand took him by surprise and he looked at her again and realized she had an Adam's apple… actually he had an Adam's apple.

“Nice to meet you”, Minwoo stuttered and looked at the man who had invited him in the first place.

“Junghyuk?”, he questioned and Eric looked up from the grill.

 

“Eric…. Everyone calls me Eric. Thanks for coming tonight”, Eric wrapped some rice, meat, garlic, and kimchi into a piece of lettuce and held it up to Minwoo's lips. Minwoo was startled and his mouth dropped open. Eric pushed the wrap into Minwoo's mouth with a crooked grin and nodded.

 

“Kim Dongwan”, Dongwan said without looking up from his book, “we weren't sure if you would come or not. Eric thinks it funny to be all mysterious sometimes.”

“Hi I'm Andy!”, the short man beside the smoker,” let's eat and then we can talk about why we called you here.”

As he turned his head, Minwoo saw a tattoo on the side of his neck. He read it but the word, written in elegant script, didn't make sense. He said it out loud softly and Andy laughed. “It says Zomdy…. I'd tell you what it means but then I'd have to kill you”, he giggled but something in his eyes said he wasn't joking.

“Be nice, Andy-ah”, said the smoker in a deep voice, “I'm JunJin……..”, he trailed off, a slight blush in his cheeks as he put his cigarette out and used chopsticks to take some meat off the plate.

“All of us just came straight for work, sorry”, Hyesung said wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter