Chapter 6

Soft Hearts, Electric Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They are lying on the bed together, a tangled mess of two bodies on the silky bed sheets. Neither of them is saying anything instead Taehyung’s finger is just lightly tracing the outline of Hoseok’s perfectly sculpted face.

“How can you be so perfect?” Taehyung asks his voice breathy.

“Science,” Hoseok answers.  

Taehyung laughs out loud making Hoseok smile a little.

“I read that having a sense of humour is considered attractive,” Hoseok confesses.

“You are perfect the way you are to me Hoseok”

“You can thank the scientists who created me then,” Hoseok says.

Taehyung laughs again and Hoseok looks more than pleased with himself.

Taehyung's hand caresses Hoseok’s cheek gently while Hoseok slowly begins closing the gap between them.

Their lips meet into a brief kiss as Taehyung looks into Hoseok’s eyes before slowly kissing him back, tasting the weirdly sweet taste of Hoseok’s mouth.

Hoseok’s hands slowly reach for Taehyung’s face, something he has been doing lately; his touches are cautious and gentle.

Hoseok’s hands slowly move down to Taehyung’s neck pulling him closer deepening their kiss.

Taehyung’s mouth opens and he can feel Hoseok’s tongue inside his mouth exploring it and for Taehyung nothing has ever felt so good in a long time.

Taehyung’s hands are entangled in Hoseok’s hair as Taehyung slowly feels Hoseok’s body on top of him. They don’t break their kiss for even a second.

Hoseok’s hands are now on Taehyung’s chest while Taehyung’s hands are still in his hair.

The close proximity of Hoseok’s body is particularly arousing for Taehyung. Their crotches are brushing together as Hoseok continues kissing him.

Taehyung can feel heat pooling in his stomach. A feeling he hasn’t felt in a long time as Hoseok's tongue continues to explore his mouth.

Taehyung’s grip tightens on Hoseok’s shirt. He almost feels like yanking it off of him so that he could feel Hoseok’s body against his own.

Taehyung slowly feels himself getting hard. He doesn’t know how he is so aroused by mere kissing. It brings him back to his teenage days where each touch from Hoseok would be like an electric spark on his skin.

He doesn’t know if Hoseok is feeling the same way. Is he even aroused in the slightest? Taehyung guesses that he must like it at least considering how earnestly he is kissing Taehyung at the moment.

A moan escapes Taehyung’s mouth, a strangled sound of arousal that he is sure Hoseok has heard and it embarrasses him to even think how much effect all of this is having on him.

Taehyung doesn’t want to let go, not even as he slowly gets out of breath. He clings onto the kiss as a man dying of thirst only his thirst is of a different kind, much more potent than anyone deprived of water.

He is sure by now Hoseok can feel his rising bulge against his own crotch but doesn’t know if Hoseok is so completely oblivious to his arousal or is just choosing to ignore it but the way Hoseok body moves against his own is not helping him at all...

Finally, Taehyung lets go catching his breath his forehead still touching Hoseok’s as the other gazes into his eyes before he finally scrambles off of Taehyung.

Taehyung sits up not meeting Hoseok’s eyes instead his eyes land on the damp spot on his shorts and how he is painfully aware of the fact that Hoseok is staring at the same spot.

Taehyung finally looks up and meets eye with Hoseok who blinks twice.

“You okay Taehyung?” he asks.

“Yeah I um I'm okay,” Taehyung replies his voice on edge.

“Are you sure?” Hoseok asks. “Do you need help with anything?”

Hoseok is asking him as if he needs help with what he should wear to work (something Taehyung always asks Hoseok because he is so much better at picking out what tie or which socks would go well with his suits. Taehyung knows because he has been getting a lot of compliments lately) and not helping with his . The casual tone of his question Taehyung only wished he could answer it just like that instead he just shakes his head no.

“I’ll go shower,” he says. “Or I might be late for work”

Hoseok nods as Taehyung heads inside the shower, still shaken by everything. He decides to have a cold shower. But it is not much help in his state and Taehyung has to rush because he might actually be getting late for work.

When Taehyung steps out Hoseok isn’t there but on his bed are his clothes.

Taehyung puts them on and heads downstairs to the kitchen where he is sure to find Hoseok making breakfast for Taehyung another thing he has gotten used to by now. Robots can be surprisingly stubborn or maybe that is just another he has of Hoseok...

“Good morning Taehyung,” he says as soon as Taehyung takes his seat at the breakfast bar.

“Morning,” Taehyung says.

Hoseok smiles turning around and Taehyung finds his eyes landing on places they shouldn’t or more specifically his .

Hoseok turns around just as fast and Taehyung flusters a bit looking away immediately.

“Poached eggs and wheat toast,” Hoseok says placing the plate in front of Taehyung.

“Thank you so much Hoseok,”

“It’s my pleasure,” Hoseok replies his face bright. At least, he has stopped saying it’s his duty...

Taehyung finishes his breakfast under Hoseok’s eyes who is tapping his fingers on the table every other second and smiling whenever he meets Taehyung’s eyes.

When Taehyung is finally done with his breakfast Hoseok takes away the dishes.

“I’ll wash them later,” he says.

“The maid can do it,”

“Okay, I’ll have them washed,” Hoseok says with a smile.

Taehyung smiles back as he grabs his phone and puts into his pocket.

“So I guess I’ll go then,” he says. “Um see you later,”

“See you tonight,” Hoseok says as he stands on his tiptoes and gently grabs Taehyung’s face kissing him but it’s passionate and on the edge that Taehyung has to pull away soon.

“I um I’ll go,” he says. “Bye”

Hoseok just waves at Taehyung who leaves the house getting inside the car, his heart beating erratically fast as the driver starts the car. This is going to be much harder than he had ever thought.

 

 

 

Taehyung was sat by the lake again.

It was cold, freezing cold even though he was practically bundled up in a thick woolly sweater, ear muffs and everything.

The lake was frozen, a very thin layer of ice on top of it that looked like it could break with a minimal amount of pressure.

Even with the harsh cold, Taehyung didn’t want to be anywhere else. It always felt good to be here that’s why Taehyung came here almost every day sitting right under a shady oak tree mostly thinking, his thoughts a mess of anything and everything.

Taehyung reached inside the pocket of his jeans and pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. He put it in his mouth, the cigarette dangling between his teeth as he lit it.

He blew out a little smoke. The cigarette provided relief in the cold harsh weather.

Taehyung didn’t actually remember when exactly he picked the habit of smoking. He just remembered buying a cigarette one day and smoking it. It wasn’t a pleasant feeling at all but its a habit now almost as natural as brushing his teeth, he just had to smoke.

He finished smoking the cigarette, his third one since he had come to place an hour ago. Taehyung dropped the on the ground crushing it with his sneakers staring at the remains of cigarette mixed with the soil.

He finally decided to leave. Taehyung didn’t exactly know why he came here every day. Was it because he hoped Hoseok would show up at least once?

Maybe he missed Taehyung just as much as he missed Hoseok or this spending time at this place just as much as Taehyung did every single day.

Taehyung sighed as he stood up dusting his jeans before he walked back to his home. It was a long walk but Taehyung didn’t mind walking especially when the streets were as empty.

Taehyung finally reached home a good twenty minutes later glancing immediately at Hoseok’s house.

The windows were still shut and the big padlock on the door was still there which meant Hoseok and his family hadn’t come back from wherever they had gone...

Taehyung looked away when he heard a voice.

“Taehyung,”

It was a girl.

Taehyung turned back to see Hyoyoung on a bike. She stopped in front of him.

“It’s Taehyung right?” she asked.

“Y...yeah,”

“Do you know where Hoseok is?” she asked.

“Uh no,” Taehyung said. “But I think he is on holiday with his family

“He didn’t even tell me he was going somewhere,” she said. “Anyway, if you see him can you tell him I came to see him”

“All right,”

“Cool,” she said before she rode away on her bicycle and Taehyung watched her go before he went to his own home.

It was unlocked.

Taehyung’s first instinct was that someone had broken inside the house as he slowly opened the door but spotted a familiar pair of strappy heels lying near the entrance.

His mother was home.

Taehyung closed the door behind him removing his own shoes and going straight to his own room. His mother hadn’t made any effort to acknowledge him and Taehyung didn’t want to go and greet her either.

Taehyung sat on his bed when he realized he had left his school stuff on the dining table the night before when he was doing holiday homework. He had no choice but to go downstairs.

Taehyung went to the kitchen and saw his mother sat on one of the chairs eating. She looked up at Taehyung and blinked as Taehyung gathered his books.

“I made some ramyeon,” she said.

Taehyung didn’t know why his mom was telling him this.

“Would you like some?” she asked a little while later.

Taehyung shook his head no.

His mother's expression changed and she just nodded returning back to eating.

“Actually...I'll like some,” Taehyung said.

His mother looked up in surprise but nodded as she surprisingly stood up and grabbed a bowl serving him the ramen.

Taehyung didn’t ever recall his mother cooking a meal for him let alone serve it for him.

“Thank you,” he said his voice gruff not knowing how to react. “I’ll go to my room”

It wouldn’t have felt normal to sit at the table together and eat like a normal mother and son. Taehyung wasn’t used to things like that. His mother just nodded as she sat down again on her chair.

Taehyung took his school stuff and the ramen bowl in his hands and turned around.

“Taehyung,” his mother called out.

Taehyung stopped and just looked at her.

“Have you been smoking?” she asked.

Taehyung just nodded. There was no point in lying. She could probably smell it on his clothes.

Taehyung expected her to yell at him, tell him how bad it was to smoke, tell him off, ground him just like any mother probably would. Just like Hoseok’s mother has reacted when she has first found out Hoseok was drinking.

Taehyung stood there waiting for her angry response but it never came.

“Okay,”

It was all she said. Taehyung turned around and went to his room. It was too much to expect his mother to behave like a mother. They were too disconnected for that.

Taehyung sat down by the window the bowl of ramen i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter