Episode 2

NASAAN KA, TIYO SAMUEL? (WHERE ARE YOU, UNCLE SAMUEL?)

Back to the Grand Ballroom of Waterfront's Hotel and Casino, the adults were dancing together with some of the wedding’s principal sponsors. Few of the attendees were started to leave the reception area due to their important matters respectively. They were enjoying dancing as the DJ' played the techno disco music mix; from 70-90's to the remixes of Rihanna and other mainstream artists of today’s music. Mitra and Çetin enjoy dancing as they feel the music. Ahalya was waiting for Paulus's return, but her nephew didn't return. She was expected that the additional cake will be delivered now. A few seconds later, she felt grumpy on herself. Later, Yusuf approached her and he asked to go home ahead. He was with his friends, Ranvijay and Sanjay after asking their wives to go home ahead.

"Okay, hon, you’ll go ahead and take care. The children are waiting for you," said Ahalya to her husband.

“Okay, hon,” said Yusuf as the couple ended their conversation by kissing cheeks with each other.

Yusuf together with his friends left to the reception ahead as he opened the entrance door first. While Ahalya was waiting for Paulus, she fixed the tangles on her long hair.

"Oh my God, Paulus is not yet come here! And it's very late in the evening, and the cake's not yet delivered!" complained Ahalya.

She tried to contact Paulus on her cellphone. She called it but still ringing.

"Paulus...why don't you answer my call?! Where's the cake?!" irritated Ahalya while waiting for the response.

She waited and waited for the response call, but this is what she received:

"Your number cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again, or ask an operator for assistance. This is a recording." responded the woman twice on the phone.

Ahalya tried calling Paulus again and again, unfortunately, she had run out of load. Outside of the city, the policemen were busy inspecting the streets for curfew. One of the policemen saw a stabbed man and they stopped their car. They rushed directly and started inspecting the dying man. The second policeman tried to search items about the information. Lately, he picked a ringing cellphone and lately, it stopped ringing. The third policeman checked the man's pulse if it’s dead or not. However, the pulse still beating. In short, Paulus is still alive, but he was stabbed and he had stabbed wounds. The other policeman finally picked Paulus’s school ID on the pocket.

"Sir!” called the policeman.

“Have you found something so that we can identify who the victim is?” asked the other policeman.

“I've found his ID, sir." informed the policeman as he gave a school ID which he found in Paulus's pocket.

The policeman read the front view of Paulus’s school ID. In the detailed view of the school ID, Paulus’s full name was shown and also the ID number.

"Pau...lus...Raghavendra...Purushottama…" read the policeman.

"Okay! Bring this man to the hospital, and I'll be the one calling the ID's emergency number, okay?" he commanded his co-policemen.

Meanwhile, Ahalya ended the phone conversation as she pressed the red button on the screen. Suddenly, she saw Marissa and Amira approached her. Then, the three women sat their chairs together and sat comfortably. Marissa saw her sister's grumpiness, while Amira noticed her.

"Sister,” called Marissa.

“Yes?” asked Ahalya in a frank tone.

“You’re grumpy now. What's wrong?" asked Marissa to Ahalya.

"What's wrong?! I’m run out of load, sis! The additional cake's not arrived yet! And your son didn't come back here and also, Samuel!” answered Ahalya.

“Oh…yeah. Okay, I understand what you express,” said Marissa.

“Look at those people…they complained themselves about the cake." grumped Ahalya to her as she pointed the other attendees complaining, but they started leaving the reception area.

"Yeah, sister, I tried to call my son but he doesn't receive any of my calls, even my SMS messages, he never read. He supposed to come back here with the cake you've requested," said Marissa with a sigh after looking the people exit to the reception.

“Really? Maybe he’s gone home ahead of you.” guessed Amira.

“Definitely no, he was with Samuel and gone to the bakeshop to buy an additional cake. And yet he’s not yet come back until this hour…” answered Marissa.

"Yeah, sister! If the shop’s closed, then, they should come back in the reception area. I already told them that I need the cake for the wedding’s visitors…and—oh! I forgot to tell them!

“What?” asked Marissa and Amira.

“The bakeshop’s already closed for this hour,” said Ahalya.

Marissa and Amira shook their heads about their sister’s confession.

“And right now, while waiting with our sister’s nephew, I didn't join dancing with them because I'm not good at dancing!" added Ahalya to her sisters.

"Me too, sis, I’m not good at dancing also. But honestly, the disco music's so good but for now, I won't join dancing with them. They're better dancers than me." said Amira.

On the other hand, Juni ended her phone conversation for a few hours. She was waiting for her boyfriend Samuel to come back to the reception area. The attendees who haven’t eaten cake were started to leave in the reception area because it’s too late in the evening. While the other adults dancing with joy and feel the ambiance, Jayakumar – the wedding emcee and one of Samuel's closest friends, asked her to join with them dancing while holding two glasses of whiskey with ice. Juni wanted to join him dancing but she will dance with Samuel. Tito and Shakuntala danced also with others, including Rahwana Judika and his boyfriend, named Purushottama Mahajudika “Judika” Rajabaguinda Padmabhavahana; also known as Purushottama Judika.

"But Samuel's not around in here, attorney Juni. Now, come on, join us, and dance with me,” said Jayakumar to her.

"J-Jayakumar, Sorry to say but I don't want to dance with you. Okay? I won’t dance without him and we'll dance the two of us together. Again, I-I'm sorry to tell you but...I want to dance with my boyfriend. Honestly, I don't like to disco--" neglected Juni.

"Honestly don’t like disco? Juni, don’t be such a killjoy! Come on! Dance with me. No adding negligence! Now, come on! Dance with me since we're totally close friends with your boyfriend." forced Jayakumar to her as he grasped his friend’s left arm tightly.

Juni looked at his friend’s hand and tried to neglect her friend again silently, but she thought twice first before dancing on the dance floor. And later, she was forced by him to join dancing in the disco as she was given a glass of whiskey from Jayakumar. Juni started drinking it and she wooed while dancing. Everyone's wooing while dancing on the dancefloor. In the dancefloor, Donita, Samantha, Shinta, and the rest of the attendees danced and drink also beer and whiskey. They drink beer and whiskey with ice. Most of the people dancing were adults, except their parents because they left already in the reception ahead.

The disco lights flashed around the reception area, and Juni drank another shot of whiskey until she got drunk while dancing with Jayakumar. Juni’s drunk and she felt mesmerized by Jayakumar’s handsome face. She was hallucinated when she looked at Samuel’s smiling face. Ahalya and her sisters stood up their chairs as they left them dancing on the floor. They left to the reception ahead, suddenly, Marissa's cell phone rings on her purse. Her phone’s brand and unit were Sony Xperia z5. Amira told her sister to answer the phone call. Then, Marissa answered it.

"Hello, good morning...yes...I'm Marissa Purushottama...who’s this, sir?” asked Marissa in a normal tone.

“…huh?!" she stunned.

Amira got curious about her sister's emotion, while Ahalya heard Marissa's voice.

"M-My son…m-my son's in the hospital?! Which hospital?" asked Marissa in a mumbling voice.

She falls her phone down to the floor unconsciously while hearing the call.

“Paulus is in the hospital? What happened to him?” asked Ahalya curiously.

“Wow…you’re also worried to your nephew, sis? After summoning your nephew about the cake you requested,” asked Amira sarcastically.

“What the--SHUT UP!” angered Ahalya to her sister in a silent tone.

Amira shuts as she fixed her tangle on her left hair. In Cebu Velez General Hospital located in F. Ramos, St., Marissa and her sisters rushed to the taxi and they entered the hospital entrance. They went directly to the receptionist desk to inquire where Paulus is. The hospital receptionist asked them if there are Paulus’s relatives for confirmation. Marissa answered that she’s the mother of the patient. She almost cried in tears when she found out that Paulus is in the said hospital. She was very worried about her son’s condition. Amira asked the hospital receptionist who brought Paulus, as she and Ahalya comforted Marissa.

“Um, ma’am, actually, a group of policemen came here this morning while bringing Mr. Paulus Purushottama. And then, our doctors started operating his wounds in the Emergency Room. So for now, he’s in Room 341 Fourth floor. The doctor will explain to you the details about your son’s condition.” explained the receptionist to them.

Marissa and her sisters thanked the receptionist as they went upstairs. A few minutes later, they finally reached the fourth floor and they entered the room where the receptionist said to them. The room’s walls were painted beige and white. There’s a dextrose stand placed on the right side. And the floor tiles were Splashback Tile Metal Copper. A flower vase was placed in the right corner, supported by a small cabinet. Marissa saw her son sleeping in the hospital bed. Paulus had oxygen mask in his mouth and dextrose on his right hand. He had bandage was sleeping unconsciously and comfortably.

“Are you the relatives of this patient?” asked the doctor.

Marissa and her sisters nodded as Marissa added that she’s the mother of the patient.

“Okay, so ma’am, we recently finished your son’s operation in the ER. We checked the patient’s condition and we found out that your son had stabbed wounds found in his forehead and in the stomach.” explained the doctor to them.

“Is my son okay and recovered?” asked Marissa.

“Definitely, yes ma’am. He’s in the stage of recovery for now after treating his wounds for hours. Maybe tomorrow, he’s finally okay and we’ll inform you if your son will be allowed to discharge. That’s all for today, and good morning.” answered the doctor and he exits to the room.

“Thank you very much, sir.” thanked Marissa.

Marissa wiped her tears with her pink, cottoned handkerchief. Amira and Ahalya continued comforting her as their sister sat on the chair beside Paulus. Marissa looked at her son sleeping in the hospital bed. Ahalya yawned herself and she felt sleepy. She brought her phone in her bag and checked what the time is.

“What time, sis?” asked Amira.

“2:30 AM.” answered Ahalya while looking on her phone.

“WHAT?! My God! I have my work tomorrow!” shocked Amira in a cram and she goes directly to the sofa.

“Okay, okay. You’ll sleep there on the sofa. And besides, we’re old enough while our children were already grown up adults. I’ll take a nap sleep because tomorrow, I’ll go home ahead tomorrow morning.” said Ahalya as she started napping on the hospital bed.

Marissa was napping beside her sister, Ahalya. Amira starts napping on the sofa. They napped until they sleep soundly. The morning has begun as the sun rises in Cebu City’s skyscraper. At the Avalon Condominium, Juni was sleeping alone in the double-sized bed. Jayakumar was already awake and preparing breakfast by cooking garlic fried rice and boiled eggs in the small condo kitchen. Suddenly, her cellphone was ringing and it was a phone call. Sony Xperia L1 was her phone’s brand and unit. Juni woke up on the bed after feeling drunk. She picked up her phone and answered it.

“H-hello? T-this is Atty. Juni Altamira s-speaking.” asked Juni.

“Good morning, attorney. You will have your duty today?” greeted her secretary, named Jayantha.

“Yes, yes, Jayantha. I’ll be in the office later. Why?” asked Juni.

“Um…ma’am, early in the morning, a client came into your office and she wanted to talk with you for legal purposes.” responded the secondary.

“Huh? What case? O-okay, okay, I get it. See you later. Bye.” said Juni as she ended the phone conversation.

Juni couldn’t remember herself after getting drunk while rubbing her eyes. She looked at the surroundings until she looked it differently. She woke up in the bed topless and she covered with a blanket. She didn’t know that Jayakumar and she had one night and making love with each other accidentally. She was in the cram, and she started texting her boyfriend Samuel where her boyfriend is. However, no message came out.

Oh my! ! He didn’t text me this morning. He was with Paulus last night and…they just walk away to the reception…but where’s he now? He’s still not yet around last night.” thought Juni to herself.

She tried contacting her boyfriend and waited for the response, but she received none. She heard that Samuel’s number is out of coverage area. She felt worried about her boyfriend’s condition. She contacted him again until her load runs out. Jayakumar opened his bedroom’s door bringing a tray filled with breakfast. Juni doubted and starts thinking about Samuel’s presence. As Jayakumar entered the room, he got surprised that Juni was in his own bed. He was wearing black undershirt and grey, black polka-dotted boxer shirts.

“J-Juni?!” shocked Jayakumar surprisingly.

“JAYAKUMAR?!” surprised Juni to him.

A few hours later, Juni and Jayakumar ate their breakfast. Jayakumar explained the incident last night as Juni listened to him. Juni got angry on their accidental one night, but later she finally forgives her friend because of being drunk and forced to dance with him. Jayakumar promised her not to force her dancing again because Samuel might be jealous of them.

“How’s Samuel? Did he texted you?” asked Jayakumar.

“Not at all, Jayakumar,” answered Juni.

“Why?”

“I-I don’t know, Jay. I was busy calling with my clients. And now, I’m worried about him where he now is. I texted him or call him this morning, but neither of my calls and texts received nor respond.”

“You and he were there at the wedding last night, right?”

“Yeah, I was with him yesterday and had been together since yesterday night; during the wedding with our friends, too. But now…he didn’t come back since last night.”

“Um…Okay, I didn’t see the two of you because I was focusing on my lines during the wedding’s procession.”

“Hopefully Samuel will come back if he doesn’t text me at all…cause I missed him so well.”

Back to the hospital, Paulus’s oxygen mask was already removed but the dextrose on his right hand was still attached. He was wearing long, powder blue-colored patient gown. The fingertips from his right hand slightly started to move. He slightly breathes himself as he dreamed something while lying down on the bed. Amira and Ahalya were not around in the room, and only Marissa alone was there napping on her son’s side. Paulus felt the nightmare on while sleeping, and Marissa heard her son’s voice. She opened her eyes and awake for a moment. Marissa saw her son and she comforts him directly by waking him up.

“Son? Son, are you okay?” said Marissa while comforting his son.

“T-Ti..yo?…S-Samuel?...Tiyo?” murmured Paulus while sleeping as he felt the nightmare.

“Son! Son, wake up!” worried Marissa.

“T-Tiyo?...Tiyo? T-Tiyo—” murmured Paulus while having a nightmare.

“Son, wake up!” alarmed Marissa to her son worriedly.

“TIYO SAMUEL!!!” screamed Paulus as he suddenly awake and takes a deep breath terribly.

“P-Paulus? Are you okay? Did w-what happen to Samuel? Tell me.” asked Marissa in a moderate tone.

Paulus took a deep breath as his stomach wound starts to swell. He got pained on the wound he had. Marissa directly comforted her son and she hugged him with love. Paulus continued breathing and he finally calmed himself. Marissa asked his son again what happened to his son’s friend.

“Mom…T-Tiyo Samuel…” uttered Paulus.

“W-what happened to him? And w-where’s he?” asked Marissa.

“Tiyo Samuel…Tiyo Samuel’s missing!” answered Paulus.

Marissa widened her eyes and stunned terribly about her son’s sudden revelation. She couldn’t believe on Paulus’s words that Samuel is totally missing. She tried to ask Paulus about the case of Samuel’s missing case, but Paulus couldn’t recall what happened to him. The only thing he recalled is that he was stabbed by unknown men and he fell down on the ground, and he just knows that Samuel is missing.

S-Samuel’s missing?” asked Marissa.