Chapter Three

Eclipsed

                                                                                       Chapter Three

 


I think of you so much that I see you almost everywhere I go.


 

 

The sun slowly bled through the trees and sunk itself amongst the buildings as it showed its final ray of light before it gradually died out into a foggy night. Lights were , dinners were shared, laughters and drinks were forever brought forth as everyone took their night off amongst family, friends, and loved ones. It was a happy time, and only a couple of days before Christmas came around and no one wanted to spend it alone on this cold night, All except for a small group of young teenage boys as they sat huddled amongst each other in a meager lonesome building as it showed its only singular light on their sweat filled bodies as they gasped for breaths. It was the end of their last practice for the night and was time for most of them to go home. Many of their families were probably waiting for them at the dinner table and their hungry stomachs begged for them to take the long trek back. But that still didn’t stop them from lazing around as each one of them started to doze off amongst each other on the floor and watch videos on their phones in the corner of the small room.

No one really wanted to move an inch to the right nor a centimeter to the left as they let their sweat filled body dry out on the ground. All except for one young boy as he slowly got up from the musty floor and started to gather his t-shirt that he had thrown before. Euigeon knew it was time for him to go home and he knew his mother was probably looking at the clock right now. He couldn’t be like the other boys and waste his time leisurely when he had so much things to do. He had to go home and help his mom make dinner and then clean the house afterwards for his aunt that was coming all the way from Canada to spend christmas with them. That meant he had to spend time sleeping on the couch for the next few weeks again. But he didn’t mind, he loved his aunt Yunmi and was always looking forward to her visits.

However, with her visits came long his overstressed mother who always tried to perfect everything around her sister as she came to visit. Euigeon didn’t have an inkling as to why that behavior was so common amongst his mother but had a small sense of understanding of an underlying childhood competitiveness amongst the two sisters as they always had a way of using subtle words to show their distaste for the other as they sat with each other at every christmas table for years. And now Euigeon didn’t want to bear the brunt of his mother’s anger as the clock quickly ticked its seconds away. He hastily tried to call out his goodbyes and leave out through the front door only to be called back by the oldest member of their b-boying team. Euigeon turned back around to see Young Jin on the ground in the farthest corner of the room as he held his phone high up in the air as if Euigeon himself could see it from all the way over there.

“Euigeon, come over here! I got something interesting to show you!,” called out the man excitedly. Euigeon sighed deeply to himself knowing what kind of  thing the young man expected him to watch. Young Jin was a confident fellow with a great amount of dancing skills that many of the younger members admired from him but it was also a known fact, that he was a complete and utter when it came to women, especially foreign women. The man was always seen sitting in some corner watching some type of video online about the opposite gender. Whether it be performances or straight out , it didn’t matter, he would watch them. And his overconfidence only catalyzed it to extreme points considering how he had been caught many time by his teachers and siblings as he surveyed them in public. There were even times where had been slapped by a woman next to him as he watched a slightly ographic anime at the bus stop. The women had continued to scream at him and when he had remained silent, she had then proceeded to call the police on him for public indecency which Euigeon had to later bail him out for. There was also a time where the guy had come to him with a bruised cheek and a clawed arm as he sadly explained to him how he had accidently watched it in front of his girlfriend only to be beaten up by her and left all alone on their date.

Euigeon had explained to him many times as to why videos like this weren’t really right especially when it came to watching it amongst the public. By then Young Jin did seem to have listened at first, he had then even turned off his phone for two days straight until another relapse came and he was back to watching the same videos again. Even this time he was probably in another one of his regressive phase thought Euigeon as he slowly walked over to the guy and sat next to him with a small sigh. He couldn’t do anything about it, he probably could leave him behind and go home like he really needed to or pretend to watch the video for his friend’s sake. Cause although Young Jin had this weird quirk about himself. But otherwise he was a kind hearted man who Euigeon had known for quite some time now and he was willing to sacrifice his time if it benefited a friend in anyway.

“Here here, look! This video has been going viral for weeks now!” called out Young Jin as he shoved the phone into Euigeon’s hand and continued to crowd behind him just so he could watch it over his shoulders once more. “I can’t believe I only just saw this right now! The girl is so beautiful,” Squacked Young Jin excitedly into Euigeon’s ear. Euigeon looked up in annoyance at his friend and looked down at the phone again only to see the camera zoom in on a pair of long legs and then zoom out again onto a very familiar face that had Euigeon taking in a silent shocked breath as he watched the same girl he had openly flirted with so many nights ago stare out into the crowd with a sultry gaze as she sang and danced out on a large stage. It was her, it was the same girl that he had shared carp bread with, it was the same girl who he had the whipped cream off of, and it was the same girl who had flushed so delicately when their hands had first touched. But this girl was different all the same as he continued  to watch it silently of the new transformation of the innocent girl he used to once know.     

She was still a beauty to him and Euigeon was in awe throughout the whole video only to be saddened when the performance had come to an end. “So did you like it? Did you? You know they are called the chart reversal group right now. They've been slowly climbing up the charts for about a week now and apparently they are now forced to go back on music show…...blahblahblah…..her name is hani…..blahblah-” “wait what did you say?” interrupted Euigeon as he slowly came out of his silent musings of his very brief memories of her. “Uhhhh...that they are performing on music shows again? “No the other part. Her name. What was her name?” “oh her name is Hani, you should check her out. She’s pretty f- wait a minute….why are you all of a sudden asking?” came Young Jin’s devious reply as he tried to grab Euigeon’s shoulder in order for him to turn him around and get a closer look at his face. “Mhmm….no reason. Now I need to get home. My mom’s been waiting for me for a while now,” said Euigeon as he cleared his throat and the slightly shoved his friend out of the way so he could leave before his friend noticed how bright red his ears were. This was something he didn’t want anyone to know about and he himself wanted to get over with. But he knew he was totally wrong as his phone silently burned through his pockets in remembrance of a video yet to be watched all over again.


miss me? It's been a while hasn't it? I had taken a break from writing when a new semester had started for me. And that break had well lasted into the summer with summer vacation and all. But like I promised I'm back!

So yeah.....this chapter is a bit shorter then the usual ones but it took me a while to get into the flow of things again, so please bear with me. As for writing, I hope you all know that I write this story to get better at writing so there are a lot of time where I feel very unsatisfied with the way I write and feel like scrapping the whole story. So please bear with me when I don't update in a while. I'm always trying to perfect my writing and am always trying to find more ways in how I can convey the feelings of characters on paper (or screen) so that you readers can enjoy it along with me. This is something I do in my free time but also what I want to perfect within due time so bear with me please. I hope you like this chapter though. I like it a lot better compared to how I wrote the previous chapters. But like I said it's a working progress.

****FACTS**** Kang Daniel does have an aunt that lives in Canada. I have no idea which family side she is from but this is someone that Daniel has mentioned on shows before. Daniel has also mentioned many times that he has helped his mother with tedious tasks in cooking so I tried to incorporate that aspect into the story as well. Young Jin is a completely made up character

+++++ANNOUNCEMENT++++++

I've been having these urgings (I know WTH?) of writing a fanfiction for Park Jeonghwa of Exid alongside BTS's Jimin but I just don't know when I will start. However, it will be pretty soon! So please look out for it! I will explain in that story as to why I chose that particular pairing to be together.