Continuation of Chapter One

Eclipsed

        Get your carp cakes here! Fresh off the stove, all crispy and golden,” cried out the young men as he shoveled two in a paper bag and handed it to a little kid who ran off without paying him. “God I hate kids, you’re so lucky to be an only child Euigeon,” sighed the young boy as he paused to take a small break from yelling all day. “Hmmm? I don’t know what you are talking about, kids aren't so bad,” stated Euigeon absentmindedly as he continued to look down and flip the cakes quickly. “That's cause you don’t have any siblings, I’m telling you once you have a snot nosed brother or a prissy sister then you would be saying the same,” claimed the boy as he distractedly looked out towards the crowd.

       The day had just started to die down a bit and their shift was coming towards a close. So most of the time him and Euigeon would either take turns in switching their stations around or both having nothing to do but sit around and watch the crowd. Today it was Eugeon’s shift to make the cake and him to be at the cash register. He liked it better this way considering how Euigeon would get attention from all the girls and he was left alone in the corner flipping cakes. However, it was not like he resented Euigeon or anything like that because he knew how good looking his friend was and how average he had turned out to be but sometimes he wished he had the same appeal as his friend. The guy had broad shoulders that was far wider than a lot of men that were far older than his tender age of seventeen and legs that were so long that it gave him a much bigger appearance then his regular 5’9 height. He had a nice pair of eyes that turned into half moons when he smiled and he remembered how girls used to swoon over the freckle that adorned the corner of his right eye. His smile was considered cute and everything about him was considered amazing.

      His friend could see all of that  but didn’t understand why no one could see the potential in him. He had failed at getting numbers of two girls today and was starting to go into a small state of depression. He didn’t understand how, he was more outgoing and fun to be around while Euigeon tended to be more of the shy type and talked less. Even now he could see his friend’s head hung low as he had his cap pulled over to cover half of his face. The guy barely talked and only focused on dancing when it came to having free time. He was no fun and he wanted someone to see that. But considering how Busan was full of locals, there weren't that many to prove it to and he was slowly starting to get frustrated.

     Until he saw an angel coming towards his way. The beauty was a tall curvy girl, who had big round brown eyes that sparkled even from afar and long beautiful dark hair. She seemed to be new around here considering her look of confusion and how he’d never seen a girl so pretty. She started to walk past them and his hope started to fade until she saw the cakes that Euigeon was flipping and turned to ask for one. Her voice was both girlish and husky at the same time that had even Euigeon picking up his head. However with one quick glance had him swinging his head down again and started to make up a new batter. He didn’t understand as to why Euigeon had that kind of reaction but did not want to lose this chance before Euigeon actually did pick his head up to talk to her again. Because although Euigeon was shy he still was a smooth talker and knew how to talk his way girls. However, that all depended on his mood and his friend did not want his mood to change all of a sudden. This was his one of a lifetime chance to someone as beautiful as a goddess.

      “What can I help you with ma'am?” called out a boy as Hani tried to look under the cap of the guy who was flipping the cakes. She didn’t understand what she did to the guy but he had just straight up looked at her and looked away. Did he not like her? Did she do something to him? Hani couldn’t seem to understand why and moved over to the guy at the cash register. “Ah yes can I have one carp fish and two to go please,”replied back Hani sweetly. Junghwa always told her that she tended to pull out her aegyo when she was buying something. Junghwa considered it weird considering how she wasn’t bargaining anything but Hani thought it was a regular occurrence and didn't really care. However, for the first time, she noticed the effects of it after seeing a slow blush creep up the cash register guys face and a silent stare coming from her right. Maybe it was time she stopped doing it. This kid looked like a high schooler still and she probably looked weird to him considering she was older. “Ah yes, what type of flavor would you like, ma’am?” the boy asked while clearing his throat.

       Wow she was even prettier up close. He noticed that she had gorgeous full lips that looked ready to be kissed and a small faint freckle on her cheek. He’d never been seen anyone with those kind of lips before considering Korean girls tended to have lips on the much smaller size. “Can I have all of them chocolate and can you please make it fast? I need to go,” said Hani in a rush after noticing the time on her watch. It was way past eight and the manager was going to soon make his rounds to see if everyone was in their rooms. She knew that LE would vouch for her. But she still didn’t want to take the chances of getting caught. Noticing the worried expression on Hani’s face the guy at the cash register immediately called over, “Euigeon three chocolate ones and make it fast.” Hearing this Euigeon immediately put his head down again and started to pour the batter over the fish shaped pan. His ears had turned a slight pink color and his friend now knew what was wrong with him when he noticed that he had been staring at them the whole time.

       Even though he knew the reason to Euigeon’s quietness, he still did not want to give this chance up. Which is why when the first carp cake was made, he immediately had hand fed her the cake claiming that it was a custom of the shop and that he had to follow through with tradition; which she had softly giggled at. Once she had her items in hand she immediately left claiming that she was late and that she needed to go, leaving Euigeon and him all alone. “That was one hot girl wasn’t she Euigeon,” his friend whistled “I hope she comes again, don't you think so?” he teased. “Hmmm,” replied Euigeon indifferently and started to close up the shop. Today was a long day and Euigeon did not want to talk to anyone right now.They both closed up and started to head home their separate ways.

 

*****Author's Note:*****

Two updates in one day We're on a role! I hope you guys liked the character development so far. There's a lot of information to process so I hope you guys bear with me for a bit. 

Facts: Kang Daniel's real name is Kang Euigeon until he later legally changed it to Kang Daniel because he got annoyed with how people mispronounced it. So I still kept it as Eugeon for now cause he is still young and couldn't legally change his name yet and probably his friends would interact with him by his birth given name like how his teacher did in WannaOne Go. 

So you know the drill Please like, comment, and subscribe! I would really love to hear back from you guys!                                            <(>.<)>