001

In Your Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Iris had been 18 years old for a whole three hours, and the effects of sleep deprivation were just starting to set in. She was drowsy, lying on the floor, but she really should have wondered why the heck her body was so long. It wasn’t like she was short—she was an average height for a person of Japanese descent—but her torso and legs were unnaturally long. Pushing all thoughts far from her mind, Iris lay in silence.

Until a huge blob sat on her, that is. The new weight forced Iris’s eyes open, and she took a long glance at the stranger on top of her. He had blonde hair and brown eyes, and his features worked together to give him an ethereal aura. He was really handsome; she couldn’t deny it.

“‘Sup Gyu,” he said. He looked at her as if they were close friends, but Iris was 100% certain she had never seen this man before and 100% certain her name wasn’t Gyu or anything close to it.

“Who the are you, and who the is Gyu?” Iris said. Her voice was much, much lower than normal, but she pushed it aside as an effect of drowsiness. The stranger quickly backed away—probably in shock, because most people wouldn’t associate a 5’ 3” woman with such a foul mouth—and slapped her leg.

“This is Hansol, but shouldn’t you know that? Also, where did you learn to swear? And in English?” he said.

“I’m sorry Mr. DiCaprio,” Iris said, sitting up. “But I sure as hell would remember someone as handsome as you, and why would I speak any language other than English?” At this point, Hansol’s eyes were wide open, but Iris didn’t understand what was so wrong with her words. Was Hansol actually a long lost friend she was supposed to know?

“Okay, Mingyu, I have no idea what the hell is going on, but stay here, and I’ll go get Wonwoo,” Hansol said. He slowly backed out of the room, and Iris took it as her cue to explore. She certainly wasn’t in her bedroom. She would have realized it much earlier, but her drowsiness prevented her from realizing anything.

The room was lined with mirrors, and the floor was solid wood. Iris assumed she was in the middle of a dance studio. How she got there was out of her knowledge, but she had to admit, it was really nice. She admired the spacious room for a few moments before her eyes settled on a figure in the mirror. She didn’t see anyone else other than the tan figure, but it definitely wasn’t her. Did she become a vampire overnight? Her reflection was nowhere to be seen, and that was the only explanation Iris could come up with.

But who was the tan man? Iris shifted on the floor, and the man followed her movements. She moved her arm to the left, and the man copied. He copied every single movement Iris did without hesitation. If not a vampire, did Iris become a man overnight? She had heard stories of women in other countries becoming men, but she never thought it would happen to her. She actually liked being a woman. She stared at the mirror for a few seconds until she heard the door open.

Hansol came in with a tall raven-haired man, speaking a language she did not know. Iris ran up to them screaming, “Who the hell am I?” She pulled Hansol up by the shirt, and at that moment she realized just how tall she was. At her normal height, she would have reached around Hansol’s shoulder, but her new body reached well above Hansol’s head. She even towered over the new guy who was taller than Hansol.

Hansol said a couple of words to the new man before saying, “First of all, you are Mingyu, but according to you, you’re not. Second of all, I have no choice but to listen to whatever crazy story you come up with because you’re clearly not Mingyu. He doesn’t speak English nearly to the level of fluency you’re showing me. Third, Wonwoo here is going to help us figure out what the hell is going on, okay?” Iris slowly nodded. Hansol took her—or was she a he now?—and Wonwoo outside of the dance room to a table in what was probably a lobby and sat them down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter