Almighty (Jongho)

Aurora
Please log in to read the full chapter

Almighty and All-knowing Key

Minho meets Kibum in his first year in their shared charms class for the first time. The Slytherin is wearing eyeliner and silver earrings and Minho seriously doesn't understand why someone in their age would do that. Throughout the class he silently notes that Kibum is very smart and quick witted when the other succeeds in yet another spell.

As Minho spares a last glance at the Slytherin at the end of their class, Kibum catches him looking and in turn sends him a smug smirk.

Somehow that irks Minho the wrong way. Why is he looking at him like he is better than Minho?

 

It turns out they also have Flying lessons together. As Professor Jung ("Call me coach Rain") explains the basics of broom care and flying, Minho and Kibum stand opposite of each other in a staring contest. It wasn't exactly a contest one of them has started but somehow both of them don't want to look away since it feels like losing to the other.

 

"Okay everyone, stretch out your arm with your palm open above your broom. Now say "Up!" to command it into your hands."

 

Professor Jung stands at the front and watches as some students struggle with their rebelling brooms. Kibum glares at the broom at his feet when it still didn't move after the second time he tried. Did it sense that he has a fear of heights and doesn't really look forward to flying?

 

Minho watches Kibum in amusement, then glances down at his own broom.

 

"Up!", he commands it in a confident tone. To his pleasant surprise the broom rises directly into his outstretched hand on his first try. As he looks up, he catches Kibum glaring at him, Minho just grins back smugly.

 

Since then on he and the Slytherin have a rivalry going on that was almost as bad as Changmin and Yunho's, just less onesided than theirs and not fueld by UST.

 

 

Even though Minho and Kibum always get into each other's hair in every subject they share, which are a lot, they wouldn't call themselves enemies, they don't have any reason to.

Minho made a rather big amount of friends by the end of his first year, a surprising part of them Slytherins. To his wonder Kibum shares a lot of his friends, including his none Slytherin pals.

So they also meet each other rather often outside of class too, they have never really become good friends, their stubborness forbidding each other from interacting and sympathizing too much.

Still, Minho can see that Kibum can be nice and pretty likeable when he wants to.

 

In his first year he has gained a lot of friends and even a rival, but there is still something that bothers Minho a lot. There is one peroson he desperately want to befriend but has always failed to do so far, a certain Hufflepuff.

 

 

On his way back to the Gryffindor common room he hears a bit of comotion from another hallway. As he turns around the corner, heat spreads through his body as he spots Jonghyun. He shares only one class with the small Hufflepuff, but somehow whenever he tries to speak to the other all his confidence vanishes and he becomes a stuttering mess. He has already tried many times to befriend him since the sorting but has since always failed to even get a word out before they were interrupted, be it some of their mutual friends or a teacher or something else. It seems like the universe is against Minho.

 

He is shaken out of his thoughts when he hears someone laugh spitefully. To his horror he sees two Slytherin first years cornering Jonghyun, one of them pushes the Hufflepuff. Minho's fists clench as Jonghyun falls, the books he was carrying scattering on the floor.

 

"Pfffh, I think I have never seen a Hufflepuff as small as you. Fits perfectly to your pathetic house!", one of the two boys mocks loudly.

 

How dare they?! Minho is just about to step forward to stop them and maybe punch them, but he halts in his step. What if he makes a fool of himself because he has become a stuttering mess again? Then he would embarrasse himself in front of Jonghyun and two other Slytherins who would definitely mock him then. Wait, what is he even thinking!? This isn't about him, this is about Jonghyun! He should really help him and -

 

"HEY!"

 

Please log in to read the full chapter