Flaming Charisma (Jongho)

Aurora
Please log in to read the full chapter

Frog Prince Minho

 

In his fourth year Minho is still deeply infatuated and maybe a bit desperate at this point. On his quest to woo Jonghyun he has mostly ignored Kyuhyun's and Changmin's suggestive advices as well as Suho's and Jinki's overly corny ones. Key has mostly just rolled his eyes at him.

So he should have known better than to listen to Taemin, but in his defense it's not his fault that the Ravenclaw likes to be a little to him.

Also like mentioned before, Minho has become slightly desperate by now.

 

So he wanders up to the table some of their friends are sitting at, but his eyes are only on the cute Hufflepuff who's currently sharing sweets with Taeyeon.

 

He squares his shoulders in confidence as Jonghyun looks up at him curiously. The words Taemin told him resonate in his head with the promise that this is a fool prove plan.

 

"Hey Jonghyun, do you like video games?"

 

Minho has now also gained the attention of their other friends as they look at him with confusion in their eyes. His eyes spare a quick glance at Taemin who seems rather excited.

Maybe this isn't such a good plan to do in front of his other friends but Taemin told him this is something common in the muggle world and would flatter Jonghyun immensly.

He himself doesn't really understand the line but if it's something muggles would do, then Jonghyun must shurely appreciate the notion.

 

"Because you can calibrate my controller."

 

Jonghyun's eyes widen in shock as he looks at Minho with a beet red face. Jinki spits out his milk as Taemin finally cracks down and rolls around the floor laughing histerically.

Taeyeon just shares a confused look with Kibum who in turn whispers something in her ear, leading her to cover in shock? Surprise?.

Yoona looks at him disapprovingly but seems to take pity on him at his confused face.

She stands up to slowly explain to him what the pick up line truly meant. As realization sinks in he can also feel his face draining of any colour before also flushing beet red.

 

He shares a wide eyed look with Yoona before glancing at Jonghyun who is now looking intently at his shoes, bottom lip trapped between his teeth and face still flushed red.

Minho would take in the cute sight longer if he weren't so horrified himself. So instead he turns to a certain little before charging across the table at him.

 

"LEE TAEMIN!!!!!!!"

 

He and Jonghyun avoid eye contact for a week after that incident, too embarrassed to look the other in the eyes.

 

 

Minho isn't exactly the smallest person at their school. He's long legged and athletic and he hates wasting time, so he always takes rather big steps and walks relativly fast. The fact that he mostly hangs out with Changmin who is equally tall and long legged, or Taemin who just has unnecessarily long legs doesn't exactly help the fact.
Once Taemin had gifted him a button with some blue hedgehog (Dog? Fox??) on it and just whispered “Gotta go fast” as explanation.

It has always been of positive effect for him until now though, like when he and Chanyeol had accidently set a table in the great hall on fire and had managed to extinguish it and flee before Mrs. Kwon could get to them. Or in quidditch where Yunho always praises his quick in-game decisions and actions.

So he doesn’t really put any thought on it, at least until he gets closer to Jonghyun.

 

It’s his  fifth year and he and Jonghyun have officially started going out since christmas and Minho couldn’t be more elated, his steps have a spring in them where ever he goes, a smile never missing on his face.
They spend their breaks shyly smiling at each other, or how Kibum likes to call it “being disgustingly sweet” together. There is one hurdle though he is still kicking himself over – they haven’t really held hands yet.
Sure they have interlaced their hands over the table top or shyly grazed their fingers when they were sitting close to each other but Minho hasn’t really up his courage yet to take Jonghyun’s hand in his when they’re taking a walk or just going to the classroom together.

 

He’s in an internal dilemma again when Jonghyun and him are making their way to the great hall together again. The smaller is walking next to him and happily listening to Minho talk about the recent news in quidditch, their fingers brushing oh so often and always making the taller stutter in his talk whenever it happens.

He could kick himself for hesitating over this, they’ve been together for two months now and have held hands or interlaced pinkies various times already when cuddling, why should he worry?

So with a deep breath of courage Minho reaches out his hand on Jonghyun’s side to grasp the smaller’s hand softly into his – only to graps nothing but air.

 

Minho whirls around in confusion when he doesn’t see the hufflepuff next to him like he was just a few seconds ago. Then he spots him behinde a row of third years blocking the way, trying to make his way past them and catch up to Minho again. The gryffindor waits, feeling sheepish for not having noticed earlier that Jonghyun has started to lag behind. When the smaller finally reaches him again he gives Minho a small embarrassed smile that immediately makes his heart burst with warmth before they resume their way to the great hall again.

But now that Minho has become attentive, he can’t help but notice how Jonghyun’s steps next to him speed up once in a while when the shorter has started to lag behind again because of his shorter legs and has to catch up to Minho i

Please log in to read the full chapter