Dobu Leader (Jongho)

Aurora
Please log in to read the full chapter

Only Dobu Leader Onew

 

"Jinki-yah, why don't you go and befriend aunty Kim's son?"

 

His mother smiled sweetly at him and patted his back, gently nudging him into the direction of their garden.

Two days ago a new neighbour moved into the house next to theirs, it turns out that it was one of his mother's childhood friends she had lost contact with. The two women happily catched up and talked about what has happened in their life and what became of their old hometown.

 

Miss Kim was a muggle who knew of wizards and magic through her brother who got a letter from hogwarts shortly after Jinki's mum moved away.

 

Five year old Jinki slowly trodded into the garden connected to their house, looking out for another boy.

He spotted a rather small brunette sitting on the grass watching a butterfly on one of his mother's camellia. Suddenly the boy sneezed, prompting the butterfly to fly away.

 

Jinki aproached the now pouting boy.

 

"Hello! I'm Lee Jinki and I'm five years old and my favorite food is chicken", he greeted the other politely. The brunette turned to him with wide eyes and Jinki had to think of a small puppy when he looked at him.

 

"Hi Jinki! My name is Kim Jonghyun and I will also turn five in two weeks!", the boy – Jonghyun chirped happily at Jinki.

As Jonghyun patted the spot next to him on the grass to motion for Jinki to sit down, the elder couldn't help but imagine the other with a brown, wagging tail.

Sitting down next to his new neighbour with one of his wide smiles, Jinki received a bright smile of his own from Jonghyun.

 

"You really reminde me of a puppy!", Jinki cheerfully said, petting the smaller's head affectionately.

 

Jonghyun just scrunched up his nose in confusion.

 

"I would much rather have one than be one though."

 

 

They spent the rest of the afternoon talking about how maybe Jinki would be able to transform one of his mother's flowers into a dog for Jonghyun once he got older much to the smaller's delight.

 

Their mothers watched them from the living room window, happy that their respective ball of sunshine had found another one to spent time with.

 

 

Jinki's parents are both muggleborn wizards, so it wasn't too important for them that Jinki also become one. But they were nonetheless rather disappointed when their son still hasn't shown any sign to have magic at the age of nine.

 

With Jinki's clumsiness, everyone expected that at least at one point he would destroy something or save himself with magic, but it never happened.

His mother and father always patted and ruffled his hair consolingly, as to not put any pressure on their son, they will love him no matter what after all. That doesn't stop Jinki from being disappointed in himself though.

He has always watched his parents do some spells or tricks in front of him with awe and has looked forward to do them himself. He has also promised to show Jonghyun various spells once he is older, but how can he do that when he isn't even a wizard?

 

He is throwing a basketball around with Junmyeon while Jonghyun sat on the bench, happily drinking his juice.

Junmyeon moved into their street on Jonghyun's eighth birthday, they had happily invited him in to their small party when they saw him wandering the street with a lost look on his face.

They had instantly clicked once Junymeon told them that his main goal in life is to transfom his plush sheep into a real sheep.

 

Jinki distractedly catches the basketball Junmyeon threw at him, still thinking about his lack of magic. Junmyeon had accidentally turned all the water faucets on in his home during a temper tantrum six months ago and had happily told them of his first sign of magic directly after.

 

Still deep in thought, Jinki doesn't look where he throws the ball to and only sees in the last few seconds in horror as the ball flys straight towards Jonghyun.

The smaller is watching some birds while still drinking his juice, not noticing the basketball that is about to collide with his head.

 

Junmyeon and Jinki call out to him and Jonghyun turns to them, only to see the basketball few inches frrom his face.

 

Jinki runs over, arms stretched out as if to still catch and stop the ball.

 

They all watch in horror as the ball careens straight towards Jonghyun. He closes his eyes, preparing for the impact but he only feels something lightly tip his nose.

He slowly cracks his eyes open to see the basketball hovering in the air right in front of his face, even touching the tip of his nose.

Shocked at the turn of event, they are even more so when the ball suddenly flys back, right into Jinki's still outstretched hands.

 

They all blink a few times in surprise.

 

"D-Did you do that, Junmyeon?", Jinki asks the other with eyes wide as saucers.

 

Junmyeon just shakes his head, prompting Jinki's eyes to widen even more.

Sudden squealing breaks them out of their trance and they look over to see Jonghyun happily running over to them and tackling Jinki to the ground with a hug.

 

"You did it, Jinki! You're a wizard!!", the smaller cheers happily.

 

The newly turned wizard stares at the sky in disbelief but quickly breaks out of it when the weight on top of him gets even heavier. Junmyeon has thrown himself on them and was squealing in joy with Jonghyun, congratulating Jinki.

 

He ignores the pain in his behinde from the fall, only feeling the warmth that is flooding his body in that moment.

 

Later that evening his parents make all his favorite dishes to celebrate and Jinki couldn't be happier.

 

 

Seven months later he gets his letter for Hogwarts together with Junmyeon, they are both elated and sad at the same time. Elated because they have been looking forward to this since years, sad because they would have to leave Jonghyun behinde.

When the smaller turns up at Jinki's door though with a wide happy smile and an equal letter from Hogwarts, the sad feelings are quickly thrown out the window as they jump around in joy.

They were all surprised when tthe smallest got his letter, not thinking that he would also turn out to be a wizard like his uncle since his sister and mother aren't witches.

 

All three of them are sorted into Hufflepuff to no one's surprise and even roomed together.

Jinki doesn't think he could get any happier than this.

 

 

One of the few classes he doesn't have with Jonghyun or Junmyeon is potions. In that class he sits next to Minho though, a Gryffindor he befriended together with Junmyeon on the Hogwarts Express when Jonghyun chose to sit with his friends from his old choir club, Jongdae and Taeyeon.

 

Minho gets very passionate when he talks about quidditch or soccer and there is no stopping it once he started, additionally he has a rather funny laugh that always makes Jinki crack up too.

All in all Minho is really likeable and the first new friend he made in Hogwarts, it would be nice if he could also befriend Jonghyun.

 

 

Jinki bids his farewell to Jonghyun at the door to his potions class before sitting down in his seat next to Minho. Before he can even greet him, the Gryffindor has already turned to him with flushed cheeks.

 

"Jinki hyung, you're friends with Kim Jonghyun, right?"

 

Jinki beams, always happy to talk about his childhood friend.

 

"We're best friends! I've known him since I was five years old.", he says proudly and turns to the Gryffindor.

 

"Why the sudden interest though?"

 

Minho quickly ducks his head, cheeks reddening a bit more.

 

"J-Just curious, he seems rather nice."

 

The Hufflepuff smiles brightly and proceeds to tell Minho more about Jonghyun. If there are topics Jinki likes to talk about then Jonghyun is definitely one of them, sometimes he actually feels like a proud older brother (Junmyeon's words, not his).

Minho listens attentively and Jinki is elated at the thought of one of his new friends befriending his best friend.

 

It becomes somewhat of a routine, Minho asking him some questions about Jonghyun, like what his favorite food is or if he preferes cats over dogs, and Jinki answering all of them. He doesn't think much of it at first, just happy to share his stories about Jonghyun.

 

 

Jonghyun introduces him to Kim Kibum in their winter hollidays, Jinki actually knows him already from his astronomy class but they haven't talked with each other until now.

The Slytherin eyes Jinki up and down with scrutinizing eyes, narrowing them at his crooked tie.

 

Jinki just smiles sheepishly in return and tells Kibum that he really likes his earings, earning him a pleased smile from the other.

 

To his surprise Kibum sits down next to him in their first astronomy class after the hollidays.

 

"Just let me do your tie the next time before it gets even more crooked.", the Slytherin says, not turning his stare away from the front.

 

Jinki quickly looks down at his tie, only to see that his knot has come lose and looks even more crooked now than this morning. He chuckles slightly, trying to right it but Kibum just slaps his hands away before fixing Jinki's tie himself.

 

"And call me Key."

 

Jinki beams at Kibum and tells him that the three of them should do something together sometime.

He doesn't miss the small smile on the Slytherin's lips as he agrees.

 

By their third outing together with Jonghyun, Kibum has already opened up to him and suggested that Jinki chose his pair of earrings for the next day, fully aware that the Hufflepuff has no sense of fashion at all.

It doesn't take long for them from then on to become best friends.

 

 

Minho hasn't stopped asking his questions about Jonghyun in their fourth year, but Jinki doesn't mind at all and thinks nothing of it. After all Minho also befriended Jonghyun and probably was only curious and too shy to ask him himself.

 

He doesn't really get why Junmyeon and Kibum always crack up or groan when Minho asks another one of his questions in their presence.

When Jinki asked Taemin about it, the younger just patted his back like the Hufflepuff was the youngest of them.

 

"You'll realize it some day, hyung. For now just enjoy being unaware, they're really just cringe worthy."

 

But Jinki wanted to know, what is cringe worthy? Why is everyone so exasperated with Minho and Jonghyun?

 

It isn't until Jonghyun walks by their potions classroom one day, stopping in his steps at the door to wave happily at them before continuing his way down the hallway.

Jinki waves back cheerfully before he hears a hissing sound next to him. He turns to Minho, only to see him absent-mindedly pouring nessel juice into their pot, making it overflow and burn the table top a bit.

The Gryffindor has a vacant look on his face as he keeps looking at the door with flushed cheeks.

Jinki looks over to the door to see if there is anything strange but only sees the now empty spot where Jonghyun stood some seconds ago -

 

Oh.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter