Ch. 3

Compatible or not

He's got to admit he is into fantasy. Even his fans know it, how he can stay up nights in a row trying to catch up his favorite Japanese dramas. His mind could be in the clouds half of the time, he was an introverted romantic man. Romance-dramas-like fantasy, deep long intense even creepy staring but never anything that involves stalking and breaking into someone's house. That was just too extreme even for the(apparently)shy man the vocalist is. JinWoo stared in amazement at the impressive building in front of him, the only reason why he was succesful to find G-dragon's house was because it was impossible not to notice. Of course he did not have to knock the door, how is someone supposed to hear that from inside of such a big structure? It seemed to not have a doorbell, maybe to avoid crazy fans and media to interrupt in the Icon's private life. Then, how was he supposed to enter without being rude?

He could just send Jiyong a dm on Instagram asking, but JinWoo could not imagine a world were a simple mortal like him can ask GD to such a stupid question. Then, finding out by himself seemed more appealing for the situation. He has got a key, a pen drive and even the gps in his cellphone. He only had to get to the private studio near his bedroom, not waking up him or his cat and have everything prepared for the Soloist to come and share his extensive knowledge in composing with him. Then why does that feel like being inside of a Mission Impossible movie?

«Please, don't get lost inside of Jiyong-hyung's house, Kim JinWoo. »

Why on earth could he be sneaking into the G-dragon's house like some kind of ghost, wandering around the big halls avoiding the mentioned and a cat?

And with that thought, JinWoo passed by the crystal entrance of the house-front, hitting him like a brick how less he actually knew of Jiyong's personal life, or anything about the man himself than wasn't related to music videos and training.

 

/early that day.../

Preparations for the Everyday album was in all its tracks. YG asking for old potentially interesting songs, new songs, ideas of genres and lyrics for the title song. With luck it could be a full album, the first after... Taehyun situation. JinWoo was doing his part, helping out his donsaengs, reviewing each of the drafts and giving them his honest opinion about every little change. Everything had to be perfect for their fans, their little stars. It wasn't oblivious surely, the hidden sad tone in the oldest' words, and guilt came over the youngers, if only they could help his hyung to compose or arrange, then he wouldn't feel that way. Was not said but understood, that JinWoo still felt he was behind them.

And that small hyung never accepting his crucial role in the band even after hearing it from the youngers from time to time, because he was too good, too stubborn also.

He could be resting a little bit more than the others, but JinWoo insisted in being with them in the studio from rise to dawn.

"Don't, hyung! You need to get the light coming from the window so it can be reflected in the lenses. More to the right. Better with or without the hat?" JinWoo could hear SeungYoon saying and he still haven't deciphered which light was he referring to. It wasn't a surprise how bad his skills in taking pictures were.

"Better with Mino. Just saying." he shortly replied with an exasperated sigh.

"Come on Jinu-hyung!"

"Ae, Ae. Aren't studios supposed to be for making music, not for taking photos?" SeungYoon eyes were open wide at his hyung's sudden outburst. Not offended but sympathetic, putting the hat down he slide in the couch reaching JinWoo.

"Hyung... are you somehow nervous? I mean, about Jiyong-hyung's meeting. It was today, right? I can help you prepare something."

The warm in the worried eyes of the younger mate made Jinwoo and his heart melt, snap at the same time. Of course the meeting with Jiyong has got him anxious, even more than the awful minutes before the WIN last performance. God knows how long he has been his fan, admiring the one guy that has changed a whole nation history of music, the same one that self-proposed to be his teacher with no gain at all. Meeting him was as scary as meeting YG.

One hand went to the younger left shoulder, caressing it as if JinWoo were trying to calm the vocalist down and not himself, he smiled at him and SeungYoon knew his hyung would be okay with no doubt. SeungYoon understood the best he could do to help his hyung was to finish the work of today early so he can leave the YG studio to JinWoo, with enough time to prepare something.

And himself.

It was no more than 6 pm when WINNER's main vocalist finally got up stretching his long skinny limps after saving the track he was working on the last days. Talking something about teaching JinWoo the secrets of taking #OOTD selfies he left the studio and the silence invaded JinWoo's still freaking out self. Just two hours and Jiyong-hyung will show up.

It was the sudden ringing of his mobile phone that made the petite vocalist to look away from the sheet of paper with his lyrics, the one that Jiyong corrected for him, just to be surprised by the notification on the screen.

@xxxibgdrgn: Jinwoo-yah, something came up. Don't worry, the meeting is not off. Ask my manager for one of my emergency keys. Set up until I get up. 8:30pm. See you at mine's.

 

And that's how his whole mental and emotional preparation was thrown out by the window. Jiyong is always so... unpredictable.

 

/back to present./

 

8:50 pm.

And Jiyong was nowhere around.

Not that JinWoo was in a rush, he wasn't annoyed, hell no. Never! He wasn't the one that asked Jiyong-hyung to teach him, in fact there was no way to express his gratitude even just with his intention.

But he was worried. Even more when the meeting was at last minute moved to his personal house, for "something that came up".

One thing that has learnt of that so idolized man, other than his exquisite liking with black minimalist decorations, is that he was never someone that can be predictable. Nor his acts, nor his desitions. Even though being not stable could be the death in some aspects in someone's life, that was the very core of his creativity, his inspiration, his success. He was unpredictable but never a man to fail his words. JinWoo stopped in awe before the sight of Jiyong-hyung shirtless, across the big bed in the middle of a room that could be called a flat with nothing more than Gucci boxers and a pair on cotton pants hanging of his low hips, a bottle of some kind of expensive liquor on the wooden floor.

Of course he went to search for the older out of true concern, of course he approached to put the bottle in a cabinet, far away from the rapper and his own clumsy foot. And of course he went to the closet coming back to the bed with a thick blanket, just to cover Jiyong from the wave of cold air coming from the AC in direction of the sleeping beauty. It was instinct. Help, take care, give oneself to others.

Even Jiyong could see that, from the small talks and rarely moments with JinWoo.

"Stay."

JinWoo jumped when the hoarse sleepy voice coming from the rapper suddenly ringed in his ears. Turning totally scared of having woke him up, he lifted both hands to express remorse, but only to found the older turning inside the blanket to the side, murmuring something before going back to sleep peacefully again. JinWoo's eyebrows lifted at the cute sight.

Because yes, Jiyong hyung could be cute and everybody knows it. Not in this way though, he was very lucky and very trusted to let him enter his house with the possibility to be seen in that way. Feeling a thousand more happy just by the fact that Jiyong trusted him Jinwoo intended to leave the room with an almost inaudible "get some rest", but something ... or someone made him flinch.

"Still deaf?

I said, stay.

Please."

 

...

 

No one, and less a nervous JinWoo could say no to such request. Jiyong was relieved to not have to say anything else to get him to move and share his warm presence with him. Not clearly knowing why he came up with the need of company at his state, Jiyong let the younger scoop into the bed. The vocalist was mistakenly known as a hell of a clumsy mess, but instead, that day was showing him a different JinWoo. A caring one that got closer just by reading the sign of his hand lifting the clothe that covered both, calling for closer warmth. A mature small man that asked him if the temperature of the AC was ok or too cold, and not if he was drunk enough to ask a guy to slip in his bed and tell him bed stories. Rolling up to stare the ceiling with blur focus, he felt JinWoo looking at him in reassurance.

Asking silently if he was ok.

"Do you need something, hyung?" Because he could even go all the way to a pharmacy in Japan just to get him pills without getting lost, if Jiyong needed them.

The older denied with a slow motion of his head. JinWoo was defenitely something.

And then silence, comfortable silence while he reached out the chocolate eyes of the younger just to let him know he was ok just with the company.

Then added: "You can make a song up from this, y'know". Not a day lost, at least.

 

Was the deep manly laugh of JinWoo, what made the rapper close his eyes with finally reached calm, and rest a bit more before confronting the world outside that room.

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR NOTE:

 

Sorry for being late! To be honest I wasn't expecting this to be so welcomed. I am so honored. I couldn't update due to losing my laptop, but now that I've got my new one, I will try to update frequently. Let me know If you have some couples winnerxbigbang that I can add in this story! I'm thinking on maybe HoonyxSeungri, and MinoxTaeyang but is up to you guys! Hope you like this ch, see u later.