Ch. 1

Compatible or not

It was over, the red carpet and the ceremony, his tripped speech and the photo session accompanied with congratulation hugs and smiles, the crew Wizard of Nowhere were all happy, satisfied with their prize. Jinwoo? Even the gigant smile in his face couldn't express how happy he was. It was the first solo prize after all, the first one not gained because of his singer profession, but something he worked alone. He was proud, moved, and more important, he finally could feel that if he did his best, he could achieve his dreams.

Watching the transparent crystal prize on his hands, he wondered, if he one day could be holding a prize with his WINNER members, if he could not be a burden to them. With tonight's feelings, then he decided to give it a try. 

On his way to the YG building, he could not help but to look through the window at the busy night streets, the smile still reflecting on the window crystal. The WINNER members left should be in their dorm waiting for him to cheer and fill him with hugs and fried chicken, and even if he was grateful of that, he preferred to go to the studio and try to work on something that could help next WINNER's album. 

«To work hard for them, that's my way of saying thanks. »

After sending a text to the members telling he would be a little late due to the WON crew, he pushed the studio door only to notice there actually was no one. Perfect. Taking of his formal jacket, after the winter one, he folded it and placed them on the side of the big couch. Grabbed a paper and a pen he found somewhere in the table and started. The least he could do for his group was to try, wasn't it?   

 

• • •  

 

Midnight wasn't and unusual time for him to grab a jacket and drive directly to the YG building, the building guard nodded his head and opened the door for him at the entrance, already acustomed to see G-dragon arriving and leaving YG at any hour. Not for nothing he was recognized as one of the best composer-rappers in South Korea, most of the time he wasn't in tours and business travels, he would be in the studio writing down experiences and ideas, in form of verses. 

 He heard some footsteps dying far in the direction of the dancing studios, maybe someone was preparing for a comeback, he thought. With the right hand he combed his natural stylish hair a little bit to the back, placing the jacket in between his arm and elbow, and with lazy steps he directed himself to the record studio 1, he pressed the floor button on the elevator. 

To see the lights ON by the tiny space between the floor and the door wasn't a surprise, is not as if nobody could use the studio and nobody would have inspiration in the middle of the night. Jiyong was actually surprised to enter and encounter a sleeping Kim Jinwoo, extended in the couch, head back touching the expensive decorated wall in a seemingly painful position and a paper in his hands. The pen he may have been be using, rolled from his hands and ended in the floor. Jiyong picked it up for him, without taking his gaze out of his dongsaeng. Well, besides how seriously stunning his looks were even at sleeping with his lips partially open, Jiyong could not decide if to wake him up and send him home, or to use another studio and leave him there, maybe he will wake up later and continue on whatever he was working.

“Does he compose? ”

Was the thought that surprised him. Jiyong assured himself by looking inside of the cabin and the computer, there was indeed no traces of someone accompanying the older of WINNER. Just a guitar akwardly lying on the couch and part in the younger's legs and himself. And as if his thoughts were read by the younger, he suddenly stirred with a moan, his hand caressing his sore neck and almost jumping in fear when an unknow shadow moved near to his face. He remembered he was alone.

“Jinwoo-ah. Wasn't it?”

Jinwoo recognized the voice and flushed immediately. Damn him and his bad luck. Of anyone in the world, it would be G-dragon the one finding him in such funny state.

“S... sorry, hyung. Were you going to use the studio? I can move to the other cabin. Sorry If I caused any tro一”

His babbering was cut by Jiyong's laugh and playful tone. He was now leaning to the master table, with a paper in his hand, already late to notice it was the poor verses he was trying to compose. Was hyung reading them?!

“Maybe we are compatible, after all”.

Jiyong said and extended then the paper, giving it back to the embarrased young vocal. Jinwoo could feel his face burning and couldn't keep his eyes fized in the older's ones, too embarrassed to breath. He felt just like the first time they met, when he had to do that awful task of compatibility among YG family members.

“I see you are still shy, after all. ”

Jiyong continued, his playful tone almost disappearing when he realized his normal attitude make the younger even shy-er than he was. He moved then to put the guitar away, in order to sit in the space left beside Jinwoo, close enough to lean the paper in his own knee as he explained.

“The times are completely messed up. I get you don't usually compose verses in a measured rhythm. But the idea, is actually pretty good. The story line.”

Jinwoo watched carefully, as the older scratched the end of some of his sentences, and with an arrow, signaled to move them to the upper sentence, to complete the rhythm. In that moment, he felt as if the heat accumulated in his cheeks went down to his chest. He wasn't the type of guy, to be that cheesy, but that only gesture moved his world.

“Thank you, hyung.”

Jiyong stared at him, waiting for something related to the content he was explainning, so Jinwoo hurriedly continued, “I have seen Seungyoon-ah composing, but never dared to do it myself. I just tried to do what he does, but I guess every song is different. Measures are different. Maybe I should read something about times, before writing. ” 

He sighed then, the true was that even if he tried to compose, Seungyoon, Mino and Seunghoon would have already finished a song, they have no time to teach him. Not that s never tried, making an album leaves no extra time to give composing classes. He also did not want to bother them.

“A book can help, but doing it is the only way to learn. ”Jiyong didn't know, how handsome he looked when he was serious and talking about music, a little bit scary at the same time though, in  Jinwoo's eyes. One of the reasons why Jinwoo admired Jiyong, his passion.

In the other hand, the rapper was happy to finally see the younger talking to him without babbering and avoiding his gaze. Not having the time to watch his donsaeng's tv programs, music live shows and schedules, almost made him as new to them, as that time when Jinwoo came to sing Who You to him. What he has heard, is that the younger himself was making a hell of a progress, and now he was composing.

Is too cute for himself.

He extended his arm, and brushed the elegantly combed hair of the younger with a pat. “You can stick your nose in the library, or you can come here every night, and learn with me. I just assure you, I am not an easy teacher.”

For the third time in the night, Jinwoo's heart jumped painfully happy, inside his chest. Moved. He didn't need to think. He nodded, as Jiyong brushed his hair again.