Hello, I'm Soojung

Crossing the Fourth Dimension

"Don't shut down the game," she said.

I looked at her shocked that a simple character of a game can talk. No less, even know my name. I'm not even sure if I'm dreaming or not. I know this mysterious character is the one I always want to approach but this is just too creepy.

"Let me explain," she said again. "I am Soojung, also known as Krystal. I don't know how this it got like this. But believe me, I'm real. I don't understand this game itself at all..."

"What? What are you?" I said.

"I'm a person like you, I've been stuck in this game for the longest time, help me... please." she said to me.

Huh? What???Why?

...........

........

...........

How? Huh?

I don't understand any of this, I might have downloaded a virus game to corrupt my new computer for all I know. This too out of this universe, I'm a science person, there's no logical way around this, this is either a program error or the developer's way of getting the player into the game. 

"Am....." she said again."Please...I don't have much time left, the control is taking over me......"

This time I blinked....not knowing again what's happening...I'm sure Soojung or Krystal said something just now about helping her. What can I really do, though, I don't think I can understand this concept of sci fic in real life too well. An AI gaining intelligence or human emotions? This can't be, right?There has to be a logical explanation to it.

While I was stuck in my thoughts, the game returned to normal, but this time Soojung is part of the menu. Huh?Wait , what?