fin.

'Cause You're My Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The vibrant colors of the soft, delicate flowers littered across the field. Jisoo's gaze lingered on the beloved sight; indulging in the way it cascaded across the field, as if a murky brush painted across the grass with such a soft pantone, he was at an awe. As the wind barely wisped its way in, rustling the petals, Jisoo couldn't help but admire the beauty in front of him. At the ripe age of thirteen, he fell in love with flowers. With the way it could be the most beautiful thing in the world but bear the weight of the world on its stems or simply keep secrets within itself, some so dangerous it could potentially harm any living organism viable. He wasn't quite sure what drew him towards them. It was probably the day he didn't bother coming home, his sheepish demeanor not wanting to face his parent's wrath about his grade; how he failed the quiz he studied so hard for. Jisoo was not only at a loss, but disappointed in himself that he let his feet take him where ever they wanted. And that's how he ended up in the field of beautiful flowers, eyes glistening with absolute fondness and excitement. The pads of his fingers brushing against the soft texture of each petal within his grasp. His senses were overwhelmed by the strong, yet sweet smell of them. He inhaled deeply; he felt at ease, at home, he felt.. Safe. Jisoo fell in love with flowers at the ripe age of thirteen. 

He recently moved to Korea. The latter wanted to explore where he was from, get to know himself more. His Korean was rusty and yet, Jisoo was way too deadset on getting accepted at the University there. He studied for it as much as he could; every waking hour he was up studying and proving his worth. The day he got his acceptance, he cried on the ground for hours, in public, earning odd looks by any bystander that was out today. So, Jisoo got ready and packed up his belongings and set out for Korea days later. The latter spent the two months break settling into his apartment and trying his hardest to fix up his Korean as much as he could, or, at least seem presentable and learning their native language. Nonetheless, Hong Jisoo felt like he was ready to take on the world -- halfheartedly, of course. 

Jisoo recalled walking along the bustling streets he had yet to get used to. Seemingly, everyone walks. he thought to himself, his gaze flitting about, reading every sign he set his gaze on. His earbuds were booming in his ears, blocking out any outside noise. His long cardigan trailed behind him as the breeze pushed past him, a layer of sheer cold covering the warmth of his slightly tanned skin. It was sunny, but cold. False advertisement. His arms were crossed over his chest, as he glanced around, gnawing on his bottom lip. He really didn't know where he was going. A sweet scent wafted through his senses, causing him to slow down with his steps, blinking as he looked around for the source. It smells nice. Jisoo continued to look around for the source, feeling his shoulder brush up against someone, immediately bowing apologetically, but the smell grew stronger as he looked at the stranger that waved him off with a light smile. In his hands, was a bouquet of pastel pink flowers, mixed with a subtle shade of white. A pink bow was tied around the frail wrapping, and Jisoo could feel his gaze just settling on the beautiful assortment, mouth slightly opened, "Excuse me?" he called out, taking out one earbud as the male stopped in his steps, glancing at his watch, even as it glistened underneath the sun.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry to bother you," Jisoo said sheepishly, shifting from side to side, "Where did you.. Get those?"

The man's gaze softened at the flowers for a moment, as if he was admiring the lovely assortment, smiling wholeheartedly, "Just at the end of the street, there's a small florist shop. It's hard to miss, it's covered in various carnations anyway. My friend owns it, so you're in safe hands if you think it's sketchy. Nice guy, kind of shy though."

"Ah, thank you so much!" he grinned immediately, eyes forming into soft crescents. 

"Are you new?" he suddenly asked, raising one eyebrow.

Jisoo's face fell, a pout adorning his lips, "Is it.. Obvious?"

"A bit." he chuckled, shifting his weight from one side to another, "People know of this place, so that was a dead give away. Besides, you don't particularly scream out 'born and raised in Korea!'" he spoked, amused.

A snort left his mouth but quickly covered it up with a cough, "Well, I'm new, yes. I hope no one else notices." the other male didn't seem particularly Korean either.

"I'm positive everyone has," he teased, glancing at the time again, "But I've gotta go, my boyfriend's already pissed that I forgot our anniversary, so." 

Jisoo couldn't held but gape, "Then what are you doing here still?" he breathed out and made a gesture to go, "Sorry for taking up your time and  I'm sure your boyfriend will love the flowers!"

"Tell Jeonghan, the store owner, you know me. My name is Jun," he spoke aloud, continuing to walk.

He yelled out after him, "I'm Jisoo! It was nice meeting you, Jun!" he saw Jun raise his hand, waving him off once more, and Jisoo grinned. My first friend. 

Jisoo followed Jun's orders about walking down towards the end of the street. His other earbud was back in his ear, letting his music drift back into his ear. Surprisingly, he felt giddy. Not only because he met a random stranger, and probably became friends with him, but, the scent that those flowers carried remind him of when he ran into that field of flowers at the age of 13, reminded him of the home he felt. Now, he just wanted to be surrounded by the lovely smell and beautiful flowers. Amber apertures looked around for the sign, or the carnations that apparently decorated the front of the stores. Reaching the end of the street, his gaze drifted about and then was settled once he saw the array of beautiful white carnations decorating the store front. At awe, he squatted down and looked at them, admiring the beauty it held. His finger tips barely grazed it before walking inside the door, the soft shrill of the bell ringing. Taking out one of his earbuds, he saw the store was vacant. Making sure, he called out, "Hello?" he never got a response.

Walking in further, his mouth opened slightly as he saw arrays of flowers adorning the white walls, letting the contrast shine vibrantly. The silver shelves basked in the same beauty, decorated with different flowers, underneath, were each flower's name. Jisoo held no knowledge when it came to flowers, and he just thought, he was lucky to find a store that actually said their names. He only admired them from afar, but he would never dare utter a fact about them, not wanting to embarrass himself. His gaze lingered on the golden roses in front of him, the smell was so sweet, it was enticing. He couldn't find a name tag. Leaning forward, he inhaled deeply, eyes fluttering shut as savored the sweet smell. "Those came in today, they are called Golden Celebration, or Ausgold." hearing his voice, Jisoo was startled and looked at the counter, only to not find anyone. Looking around, he couldn't find anyone at all and thought he was delirious. Suddenly, he saw the back door move gently and barely saw the brunette's hair peeking out from behind the counter. He was... Hiding? Jisoo walked closer but halted immediately once the other squeaked out, "Don't come closer!"

"Alright, alright," Jisoo said softly, pouting and then went to walk around the boutique, hearing a soft sigh of relief. 

"Can I help you with anything?" 

"You're hiding behind the counter, do you think you can?" he mused, teasing the other as he touched one of the flower's petals, "Just browsing."

"The rest, but that, have name tags, I could have told you any other flower name, you'd just have to find it."

"Customer service ratings went up." chuckling, he took out both his earbuds, letting it hang around his neck, "Is there a reason you're hiding behind there, Jeonghan?"

"How do you.. Know my name?"

"Met Jun on the way. Told me where to go. He told me to tell you that I know him before he ran off to tend to his angry boyfriend."

"Ah, yeah, Minghao was calling me about it so I was able to help him."

"Boyfriend, I'm assuming?" he murmured and then said, "You didn't answer my question."

It wasn't silent between them, aside from Jisoo's wandering footsteps and mind that tentatively waited to hear his soft voice. His light voice that sounded like music in his ears. He heard his throat being cleared and then the soft lilt of his voice. 

"You're just.. Really pretty." t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter