Chapter Three

Crimson Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A strange shadow was casting its way over the hollowed and clouded atmosphere of the room, covering Chanyeol's body like a second skin as oxygen refused to enter his system, leading him into a suffocating state.

His eyes opened in a slow pace, way too slow, a heap of dazzle creeping its way to the darkness of his orbs as he tried to adjust them to the brightness. A moan then left his lips, his body shifting in the king-sized bed as pain started to cover his body in a killing pace, yesterday's 'adventure' immediately appearing in the deepest of his mind.

Red. He hissed in pain, closing his eyes again as he breathed in and out sharply, trying to run away from the pain stuck in his body. Red. Yesterday, I saw someone- 

His room's immense door opened, Bong-Chul's silhouette appearing in the door-frame. "A wonderful morning, young master." His upperlip curved up lightly, his body still pressed against the softness of his bed sheets. "Morning,"He mumbled softly, the tone of his voice still indistinctly. "Still exhausted from our little adventure, young master?" Bong-Chul moved to the other side of the immense room, swinging open the curtains with just one push. Adventure. "If you call that an adventure'."

"I'm sorry, master Chanyeol. I didn't think you'd actually try to protect the young man."

"No," he mumbled, sitting up on the bed as silent hisses escaped his lips, a sharp pain shooting through his muscles. "It was my fault. You don't need to be sorry Bong-Chul. I should have listened to you." His eyes closed, his head leaned against the bed frame while thoughts started to storm his mind. Red. He could remember seeing something red when he woke up at night, a dark, fiery red ghosting over the film of his orbs. What was that?

He opened his eyes instantly, glancing at Bong-Chul who had opened Chanyeol's huge closet, his eyes fixated on all the way too expensive suits. "Bong-Chul?" His butler grabbed a suit out of the closet, placing it on a chair before glancing at the younger with a smile."Yes, young master?"

Chanyeol took a deep breath, his eyes glued on his butler in curiosity. "Have you seen someone entering the mansion yesterday?" The smile on his butler's face faded, a cloud of confusion now hovering over him. "No, of course not, young master. Why, did anything happen last night?"

No. He chuckled at his own silliness, breathing out deeply. Maybe I just imagined it. "I saw someone when I woke up, someone with red hair-"

"Red hair? You drank a lot of medicine last night. Your mind was probably just playing tricks on you."

Yes, probably. He exhaled heavily,drifting his eyes to the black suit on his chair with furrowed eyebrows. "Why the suit, by the way?"

"As the president's son you're invited to a charity even today, young master."

He sighed in annoyance, closing his eyes. Of course, responsibilities. Charity evens were great institutions, helping people who had no money with donations, but somehow they seemed way too superficial to him. Almost like they were actually made to show who was the most powerful and the most affluent.

— In short, charity events were there for nothing more than to show off one's wealth and power.

"I don't want to go, Bong-Chul."

His butler led a hand to his black morning coat, away the dirt as a light smile appeared on the corner of his lip. "I know, young master. But you have responsibilities." I know, I know.

Responsibilities.

"You're right. Just give me an hour to rest okay?"

An even wider smile found its way on his butler's face. "Of course. I'll bring your breakfast to bed."

♧♧♧

Charity events. A place of the power and wealth. Chanyeol can smell it, all their expensive colognes and perfumes floating through the thin air, flying into his mind and causing disgust to cover his entire body. He hates this. — Being surrounded by superficial people and lies.

This all was a lie. Only to satisfy their craving for attention. Every word, every breath leaving their lips, lies. Just how can Chanyeol be around such people day for day? Their numerous of lies entering his ears and filling him with their nonsense.

"We would really look forward to work with your father in our next project, sir." Reality pulled him from his thoughts, his eyes finding their way to the black-haired woman next to him. He didn't really listen to her, but he knew how people would do anything to meet the most influential person in Korea. His father. He forced a smile on his face, the hall's yellow chandelier hitting his features. "Of course, but that's not something I can decide. I'm sorry to say that but you'll have to talk to my father in person."

The woman glanced at him uncomfortably, running  a hand through the raven of her hair. "Oh, yes. I understand. Thank you, sir." Sir. He chuckled inwardly as she left his side, walking to a man, who was probably her husband.

How can people take advantage of something good as denotations for their own purpose?

That's just wrong. A sigh slipped out of his mouth, his eyes drifting to his butler who was busy chatting to some people in the corner of the hall, a thousand of thoughts suddenly swimming through his mind. 

What if I would just leave?  Escape this nightmare. 

"You're Park Chanyeol, right?" He yelped lightly, startled by the high-pitched voice draining his ears. His eyes found their way to a girl's face, looking into the brown of her orbs in confusion. "Yes, and you are?"

"My name is Jin Ah. Our parents are friends."

"Oh," he glanced at her with a light smile, mustering her for a moment of silence. "Nice to meet you then."

"My pleasure." The girl was still looking at him as he was trying to advert her eyes, looking back to the spot where his butler was still standing. "I was looking forward to meet you. I've heard such amazing things about our president's son." Right, the president's son.

That's what I am, my father's son. -- That's all I am.

And suddenly the fear left his body,  his feet moving to the exit of the hall as his heart was beating against his chest in a killing pace. I  have to get out of here. Now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter