Chapter One

Crimson Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— C H A N Y E O L —

A dark presence was hovering over Korea's capital city Seoul, poising the air and opening the door to crime and blood-shedding on the with dirt captured streets. It was a horrendous sight — the past passing the present and pulling everyone back into a deep hole of poverty and famine. The wind was blowing us back into a time we had successfully passed before, its power was taking us back to a time when everyone was living in existence fear, a time where the only thing people could hold was their name.

Park. The Park family was the most powerful family in whole Korea, not only controlling Korea with the power of President Junghwa Park, but also its inner structures, deep in the country where normal people had no access to. Korea was a deep rooted system full of lies and manipulation, where cruel people had way too much power and money was everything they cared about.

Who cares what to the people happen if you're rich anyway? This was exactly what people had thought. They were selfish, lusting after a piece of paper and forgetting what was really important: humanity.

President Park Junghwa was a cruel, awful man, watching how people on the streets were suffering more and more with every passing day, falling deep into the hole of poverty and famine. But why was everyone loving him?

The answer was simple; they didn't know. The poverty was hiding in the dark places of Korea, separated from all the rich people and totally forgotten. Their deaths were worth nothing, no one shed a single tear and no police was occupying themselves with their deaths. They were criminals after all.. and criminals deserved to die.
 

The sharp metal of the president's son's fork was touching the plate, a suffocating silence floating in the way too immense dining room and ripping the oxygen out of his body. When was the last time they had eaten together? Probably 2 years ago when Chanyeol was celebrating his 15th birthday, marked by innocence and kindness, every inch of his body filled with positivity and his soul dazzling in a pure brightness. 

 

He could still remember how he had woken up with so many different emotions swimming through his system. It was the day, the day he'd finally spent with his parents. A lively smile was glued on his dazzling face, his young body filled with excitement and so much power. A strange kind of power he had never felt before. — Something he had only felt with his parents by his side. A rare kind of power, which consisted of the purest love for his beloved parents and a pride for those wonderful people.

For Chanyeol his parents were always the greatest human beings on the planet, for him they had the kindest hearts and the purest souls. And the taller was still convinced of this fact, still loving and respecting them the way he used to.

"Master Chanyeol?" Chanyeol eyes shot up, his butler's voice hitting his eardrums and pulling him back into reality with all its power. "Yes, Bong-Chul?"

"I've been calling you for ten minutes now. Are you okay, Master?"

He forced a smile on his face, the steak still hanging from his fork. "Yes, I'm sorry. I was just busy thinking." I've been thinking a lot lately. His eyes were fixated on the steak as he moved the fork to his mouth slowly, chewing on the meat as his thoughts were occupied with his parents.

"Your parents are busy people, Master. I hope you understand their absence." Instead of replying he continued to stare at the plate in front of him, giving the butler an unsatisfying nod. Of course. They're important people, but it would be great if they could eat dinner with me for a change. Just one dinner.



 

2 years ago

A small boy hopped down the stairs to living room, the wood cracking in the process and touching the palm of his tiny hands. The rain was bobbing against the immense windows of the mansion, echoing through the halls and providing the smaller with a feeling of comfort and chill. Finally. The left side of his upper-lip curved up as his eyes were watching how the rain was running down the glass, continuing its way down to the ground and vanishing somewhere in a puddle.

His young eyes were shining brightly, his whole body dazzling in happiness. Finally. He was finally spending a day with his parents. The boy, Park Chanyeol, son of President Park Junghwa, was getting 15 year old today. Birthdays usually had a special meaning for children, growing up and having more responsibilities with every passing year, finally doing things on their own without any adults looking after them. But Chanyeol didn't care about birthdays. All he was looking forward to was spending time with his parents. — The two people he loved the most on the whole planet.

His chocolate curls bobbed up, decorating his head like a halo while the Arabeske was playing on the piano, the sharp rain drowning all the wonderful melodies and causing them to echo in the halls of the immense mansion.  The boy smiled dazzlingly, the music covering his body and leading him into a moment of complete ethereally.

He slowly followed the melody into the living-room, watching how the slender fingers of his mother were dancing on the keyboard of the piano, her gentle raven hair hanging in her forehead and the wind blowing the shiny curls from her face and giving her an ethereal look. Beautiful.

The music stopped all of a sudden, the rain now getting louder and hitting his ears like an explosion and causing shivers to run down his spins. His mother looked up, staring at him with a blank expression as the wind continued to blow the hair out of her face, her hand slowly finding its way to the window b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter