Chapter Two

Crimson Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— B A E K H Y U N —

Silence. The world was ghost-quiet, except of the rough wind which was kissing porcelain-like skin and providing a certain tiny body with a cold chill. Stars were shinning on the clear night-sky, shimmering their ways to forest-green eyes and reflecting its beauty through the darkness.

The boy closed his green eyes, his legs hanging from the edge of the roof and his soul floating somewhere in the depth of the darkness. He loved silence, but even more did he love the soft breeze which was touching his bare skin and decreasing the heat in his body.

Another one of those nights. The darkness was covering him like a second skin, leading him into a state of total chill and filling him with freedom. In this very moment he was free, free from all the bull surrounding him.

He was so sick. Sick of doing the same thing in a constant routine and feeling absolutely nothing in the process. Waking up in dirty places, stealing money from random people on the dirty streets to buy supplies in order to survive the day.

His eyes were annoyed of all the bloodshedding on the with gangs filled streets, slit throats and souls leaving people's bodies when they take their last breaths.

Killing was normal on those streets. People were killing each other to gain more power and to increase their reputation among the gangs of criminals. Reputation had an immense importance there. They were the stones the streets were built with, one of their societies principles and everyone's biggest aim.

The said boy had already gained a certain reputation, a reputation which made the blood freeze in his enemies veins and people flinch at the tone of his name. Phoenix. Everyone was trembling at the name, fear covering their bodies and their breath suddenly being cut off by the missing oxygen. It wasn't the boy's appearance which scared the people since he didn't look scary at all. — He looked more like a puppy than something which could provide you with nightmares.

A fiery red mob covering his head, orange freckles glued on his porcelain-like skin and green eyes, which held an entire forest inside of them. He looked like art, almost like he came right out of those fairytales parents love to read their kids. Almost like he wasn't from this planet. But he was. And he was different. The said boy didn't have a heart.

Of course, he had an actual heart, but he couldn't feel. He didn't feel anything since he laid his green eyes on the bloody streets for the very first time. The boy never cared about deaths, he never blinked when someone's was getting killed and continued to stare with a blank expression. He watched how blood soaked the cold ground, the soul leaving the corpse and vanishing somewhere in the thin air.

He didn't care. Everyone dies after all.

One day it'll be his time. One day he'll leave this world exactly like all the other victims, but until then why not enjoying this ty world he's living in and cause some chaos?

The left side of his upperlip curved up, his eyes still staring through the darkness towards the moon, his legs swinging in a fast pace, completely lost in the moment as his stomach suddenly started to groan, ripping him from the silence he was caught in. . He led his hand towards his stomach, furrowing his eyebrows. It's time for food I guess.

He slowly got up, standing on the top of the edge and staring down the immense height. Luckily I'm not scared of heights. A chuckle left his lips, a rush of adrenalin floating his body. One step forward and everything would be over. Complete darkness.

His eyes strangely started to shine, the thought of death exciting him for a strange reason. How would dying feel like? The boy laughed, a smirk playing on his lips. Well, I have enough time to find out. But not today. Then he turned around and climbed from the edge, moving towards the stairs and heading downstairs until he had reached the exit of the immense building, voices and car sounds immediately entering his ears and echoing in them loudly.

The smell of food and alcohol was floating the air, but he was already used to it. For him, this was normal. Routine. He moved towards the city, running his hand through his hair as he chewed on the gum in his cavern. Who'll be my next victim? A grin appeared on his lips, excitement filling his body. You. The boy stopped, glancing at a man with a long brown coat and sunglasses. Who the wears sunglasses at 11 pm? He scoffed, heading towards the said man in a slow pace and sneaking his hand into the man's coat to grab something which felt like a purse. Jackpot.

A grin was plastered on his face as he held it in his hands tightly, moving away from the man in a fast pace. What a . Such dumb people deserve to be robbed. His finger found their way to opening of purse, grabbing the money out of it in a fast pace. 10 ing dollar? That's all he freaking got? Wow, dumb and poor. He sighed, stuffing the money into his jacket before throwing the purse into the next bin he saw. Well, it's enough for a burger and frites.

"Phoenix!" The boy squinted his eyes in annoyance, the voice echoing in his ears. Not now for god's sake. "Hey, Phoenix!" He opened his eyes again, staring at the tall guy who was running towards him, a fake smile glued on his lips. Just go away I'm hungry.

"What are you doing here?" The guy stopped directly in front of him, smiling to both ears. "What do you mean? It's the city. I'm clearly walking around."

"I-I mean you're on the roof at this time usually. How come you're walking around?"

He started to walk, the tall boy following him like a lost puppy. " I'm hungry."

"Oh, really? What a coincidence. I'm hungry as well, let's go to-"

"No. I don't like eating with people. I'm a loner, you know that Sehun."

"Yes, but do you remember how you saved my life once?" He sighed, rolling his eyes. Not this topic again. "I'd like to treat you."

"I said n- wait, you'd pay for my food?" Sehun started to smirk, nodding his head sneakily while Phoenix was caught in his thoughts. I mean he would pay for my food. It's food, I can't say no to food.

"Ok, but this is a one time thing, understood?" The boy chuckled, sending another nod to Phoenix before following the red-haired towards the crowded part of the city and vanishing somewhere in the darkness of an alley.

♧♧♧

"I love this." Phoenix stared at all the different kinds of dishes in front of him, sparkles appearing in his green orbs. "You love eating with me?" The boy's voice entered his ears, making him scoff and ripping him out of the food-trance. "No, not you. The food."

"So I'm being used?" Phoenix chuckled annoyed, staring at the Kimchi as he had just fallen in love. "Obviously." Sehun's laughter echoed in the tiny restaurant as the red-haired boy started to eat the food in front of him, enjoying the food he was experience at the very moment. "And you are said to be dangerous. Why is that so unbelievable?"

He suddenly stopped eating, glancing at Sehun with sharp gazes. "You want to know why?" The other gulped, literally feeling how the heat in the room increased all of a sudden, flames seeming to come out of his tiny, fragile body. "Uhm, no I, it's fine. I'm good."

"That's what I thought." Sehun smiled nervously, watching how the other one continued to eat his food in silence, the light of the restaurant hitting his features and making him look ethereal. He looks so perfect. So unique, so refreshing.. but there is something which doesn't seem to fit. — He's lonely.

He had for sure an immense problem with trust and relationships in general, which Sehun sadly had to realize. He wanted to be his friend, but he was harder to crack than he had thought.. But why? Sehun continued to muster the strange boy in front him as he finished his food with a smile, leaning his back on the chair and vanishing in his thoughts.

What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter