Alternate Ending

Done With This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was my original plot, but I changed it to please daragon fans since I know how they must be feeling.

But due to some requests, and for my personal satisfaction, I wrote this.

Fair warning: If you’re an Appler, this may hurt your heart.

Because seriously, if I was Dara, this is how I’d feel..

 

 

 

After that call with Jjangmae, I was mentally and emotionally preparing myself. This talk with sajangnim will be difficult. He’s always favored Ji out of everyone. I’m pretty sure he’s going to do the same again.

Jiyong was someone who embodies the YG identity. BigBang are staples too, but it’s more of Jiyong actually. How do you think they’re still together after more than ten years? If they were from another company, I’m pretty sure they would have disbanded by now because of all the scandals they’ve been involved in. Idols don’t simply survive those. That drug scandal with GD back then would have destroyed any other KPOP artist’s career. But not G-Dragon. He’s one of a kind. And he’s backed up by one of the biggest company, who has the power to make or break careers if they want to. Including mine.

I keep refreshing the link Jjangmae gave me, hoping that somehow they have decided to take action without me and decided to confirm Ji’s dating rumor. I know there’s fat chance that will happen, but it doesn’t hurt to hope. Right?

My phone ringing takes me out of my reverie.

 

Sajangnim YHS: Hello, Sandara? Sorry to call so early. I know you must have had a late night but there's something important I need to talk to you about.

Straightforward as always. Let's get down to business.

Dara: Ah, yes sajangnim. It's alright. Is this about Jiyong?

Sajangnim YHS: It seems your manager has already briefed you about the situation. That's good. I won't need to explain further. We'll be taking the same action as before.

No longer surprised here.

Dara: Is that still necessary at this point?

Sajangnim YHS: Sandara, why is it that every time this happens, you always have to ask that question? It will be a whole lot easier if you just do what you're told.

I pinch the bridge of my nose due to irritation. This is how he always is. He still dismisses me everytime.

Dara: Sajangnim, we have been doing this for years, and to be honest, it's time for Jiyong to man up. He can't keep denying, or staying silent about these type of news. He can't keep using me as his shield to pacify the fans.

Sajangnim YHS: But that has always been the purpose of this. To cover for Jiyong and keep his image public friendly. Why do you still question it every time?

It's now or never. I have to be honest.

Dara: Because I have to think of myself too, sajangnim. Like Jiyong, I also have an image to protect. Hinting to people that I'm possibly the real girlfriend instead of Jooyeon will do more damage to Ji and I than good. And besides, don't you think it's about time you let Jiyong handle this himself? I know I'm the PR Director and managing these kind of things is my job, but involving myself with him in rumors isn't part of that.

Sajangnim YHS: I understand why you feel that way, Sandara. And I know you know what you're doing. You're the PR Director for a reason. But you also know why we have to do this, and why it has to be you. Just in case you forgot, let me remind you. Everybody loves your pairing because you're the beautiful, nice girl and and he's the rugged bad boy. You're adored by the public and the media, while Jiyong gets criticized for every move. Being linked with you increases his likability in the public. Above all, you are the most trustworthy to keep this charade a secret.

He has a point, but at this moment, I don't care.

Dara: Sajangnim, with all due respect, I don't give two s about Jiyong's image right now.

Sajangnim YHS: Sanda-

Dara: No sajangnim, let me finish first. When I was in 2NE1, I accepted this because it benefited us both. But 2ne1 isn't here anymore. Now I'm almost 35. Most people will be happy of what they've achieved in their careers at this point. I am too, but my personal life is suffering. Unlike Jiyong who's had loose reins for years, I've kept a pristine image. You know there's only one person I've dated throughout my stay here, but that person left me because I'm always entangled in Jiyong's rumors. I know you prioritize Jiyong, but there are other people in the company who needs your support too. Please choose me over Jiyong this time.

Sajangnim YHS: Sandara, this is Jiyong's image we are talking about. You know how important Ji's image is to the company. He brings in tons of money which makes our investors happy. We still need to recover from the losses we took after Seunghyun's scandal. Then came Kush's. I know I'm asking a lot from you, but we have to do this for the benefit of everyone.

Dara: I know that sajangnim and since that is the case, you should have told him to put his girl on a tight leash. You very well know we won't be in this situation if she didn't upload their video in the first place!

Sajangnim YHS: I'm not liking the way you are talking to me, Sandara but I'll let it go because I know you're upset. What's done is done and all we can do is implement damage control. Form a plan to cover up this dating rumor. Make it big this time. Make it obvious.

No. I'm not giving in. We've already crossed the point of no return.

Dara: And what if I still refuse?

Silence takes over the line for a few seconds. I can hear sajangnim release heavy sighs. He must be having a hard time because it's not like me to be stubborn and put up a fight. It's more of Jiyong's style. I think I should have done this a long time ago.

Sajangnim YHS: I'm pulling rank. You have no choice but do as I say.

Okay...I guess I have no choice but do this.

Dara: I went to JYP's concert. I'm sure you're aware he invited me, sajangnim...but I think he missed to tell you why.

Sajangnim YHS: Aside from him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter