Final

It's All In The Timing

We've finally made it to the end! I know this probably isn't that great of a chapter, but I didn't have much time for writing between work and classes. I hope it's decent though! Let me know what you thought. And once again, thanks so much for reading!!! Love you guys <3


When Minseok got home from work he walked in to find Baekhyun lying on his side on the couch, eyes barely open and cheeks splotchy red from crying. He didn’t ask what happened, just picked Baekhyun up and helped him to his bed, tucked him in and turned the light out.

 

 

“Morning,” Baekhyun says softly, entering the kitchen where Minseok is busy cooking breakfast. He sits at the table and stares at the wood; he’s no longer tired but his eyes feel heavy from the previous night of crying.

“Morning,” Minseok says back, leaving his place in front of the stove just long enough to pat the top of Baekhyun’s head. He hates seeing him like this. “I’m making pancakes, if you’re hungry.”

Baekhyun shrugs; he doesn’t know if Minseok sees it, but he doesn’t feel like speaking. He waits silently until Minseok is finished, looking up when he sits across from him. He sighs and pouts.

“I made out with Yixing last night,” he says, eyes now focused back on the table. “And…I just thought about Chanyeol the entire time and I…I couldn’t do it.” He takes a deep breath and looks at Minseok, sitting, listening. “I didn’t want to kiss Yixing. I wanted to kiss Chanyeol.” His chin trembles and chokes back sobs, “But, he won’t even reply to my texts and I don’t know why.”

It takes some convincing, but Minseok gets Baekhyun to eat something. As Baekhyun eats, he gives Minseok the full story of what happened between himself and Yixing the night before. Minseok offers to go kick Yixing’s , which gets a laugh out of Baekhyun, but he tells Minseok that isn’t necessary; he tells Minseok he should kick his instead for ever agreeing to hang out with Yixing in the first place.

After breakfast Baekhyun plants himself on the couch, ready to laze around and watch TV all day feeling sorry for himself. He grabs his phone every so often, half wanting to message Chanyeol again, half hoping that he’d already have a message from him. Neither ever happens.

He watches an entire season of The Office before he finally gets up, only to go to the bathroom. He’s washing his hands when his phone rings, and he nearly trips over himself running down the hallway to answer it in time.

It’s only Jongin. As much as he doesn’t want to, he answers.

Baekhyun’s not sure how, but he ends up on the phone with Jongin for nearly an hour. It’s probably because Chanyeol is the only thing on his mind, but he’s brought up during their conversation. Baekhyun spills everything to Jongin, finally giving the older the entire picture of where Baekhyun is at in terms of misery right now.

It all sounds so lame, so melodramatic, as Baekhyun recaps everything that’s happened between him and Chanyeol. His life is a true one-sided affection, a sad, miserable, soap opera right now, and just the thought of it makes him want to cry. Since when was he so mushy and sentimental?

“I finally did it. I finally got over stupid Yixing…finally had feelings for someone again…and I don’t know what happened.” Baekhyun sighs for the hundredth time into the phone and rearranges himself on the couch. “He won’t even text me back.”

Jongin isn’t much help; he’s not the friend you go to for relationship or any kind of advice, really. He does listen though, and that’s what Baekhyun really needs right now, just someone to let him vent until he doesn’t feel like talking anymore. Jongin is great at silence.

“Wait, so, who’s Yixing?”

He doesn’t go into full detail, not like he did with Minseok, but he gives Jongin a small history lesson on himself. He explains to him the basics of what Yixing is to him, and what he meant to him in the past. He even tells him about how he’d stopped Yixing from taking his pants off, because he wasn’t Chanyeol. Baekhyun ends it all with a long, heavy sigh.

“He’s just…an really.

“Sounds like it,” Jongin agrees. He’s at work, has been the entire time he’d been on the phone with Baekhyun. “I’m getting yelled at by the boss,” Jongin says suddenly, “I’ll call you or something later, see how you’re doing. Maybe we can go drink or something.”

They say goodbye and Baekhyun is back to his lonely silence; the Netflix screen staring at him, asking if he’s still watching. He rolls his eyes at his sad reflection in the dark screen, of course he’s still watching.

 

 

Hours later, sick of watching reruns of TV shows, Baekhyun decides to be productive in his moping. He cleans, something he picked up from his mother; cleaning is a stress reliever and right now, he’s far beyond stressed.

As he cleans, he thinks. And, as he thinks, he gradually gets less sad and more angry at Chanyeol. He’s being childish. How dare he be so vague and not tell Baekhyun what he did? They aren’t teenagers, Chanyeol should have just told him what was bothering him.

He finishes cleaning thoroughly pissed off. He’s decided that he’s going to storm over to Chanyeol’s stupid frat house, knock on his stupid door, and yell at his stupid, but still disgustingly attractive, face. He’s not going to be a hurt little boy and mope, no, he’s going to go after what he wants. He’s not going to run from his problems. Not this time.

So, he squeezes his into his lucky jeans and storms out of his apartment, dead set on getting Chanyeol to talk.

 

 

He doesn’t know why, but he expects Chanyeol to be the one to open the door. So, when his obnoxious knocking stops and someone finally swings the door open, he’s thrown off when he’s met with someone he doesn’t know.

He frowns. “Who are you?” The guy opens his mouth; Baekhyun raises his hand, “Never mind, it doesn’t matter. Is Chanyeol here?” He’s already got his neck stretched out, head peeking into the house over the man’s shoulder; nothing but shirtless frat guys walking around.

“Uh, no I don’t think he’s here.” He watches Baekhyun for a moment, still peeping into the house. He wants to laugh, “So, what did Chanyeol do this time?”

“What?” Baekhyun asks dismissively.

“Usually when cute little dudes like you come knocking for Chanyeol it’s because he did something stupid.” He shrugs. “So, what was it?”

“Sehun!” Baekhyun whisper-shouts, ignoring the guy in front of him. He waves his hand hoping the get Sehun’s attention, but the younger turns the corner. Baekhyun grumbles to himself and pushes past the guy at the door, letting himself in and down the hallway he’d watched Sehun disappear down.

“Hey,” Baekhyun says in place of a greeting, scaring Sehun so thoroughly he jumps and flattens himself against the wall. “Sorry. Have you seen Chanyeol today?”

“Nice to see you too,” Sehun breathes, hand still clutching at his shirt over his heart. “I haven’t seen him,” his eyes narrow at Baekhyun, watching him look around the house, “I know he’s like super pissed at you, though.”

Baekhyun’s head snaps toward Sehun and his eyes narrow now; he moves in closer, pressing Sehun further against the wall. “Oh, he’s pissed? He’s pissed? No, I am, Sehun. I’m pissed.”

Sehun raises both arms, signaling that he believes him. Baekhyun decides getting in Sehun’s face and probably scaring him isn’t going to accomplish anything so, without another word, he backs away and stomps off to Chanyeol’s room. He’ll just wait for him to get home.

The door is conveniently open, so he walks right in and makes himself comfortable on the bed; he doesn’t know how long he’ll be sitting here for. He realizes the poor decision he’s made when he remembers how comfortable this bed is, and how much it smells like Chanyeol, and how good Chanyeol smells. He hums contentedly and sighs, twisting and turning in the blanket to get to a perfect level of comfort.

He’s at the edge of a nap when someone sits on the bed beside him. For a moment, he thinks it could be Chanyeol and he argues with himself in his head, suddenly feeling much less brave than when he first stormed through the house looking for Chanyeol. His eyes are closed; he could pretend he’s sleeping.

“Comfy?” Sehun asks.

Baekhyun cracks one eye open. “How did you know I was awake?”

“Please,” Sehun holds in a laugh, “I’ve seen you sleep enough times to know that if your mouth isn’t open to drool everywhere, you’re not actually asleep.”

“Fair point,” Baekhyun glares. He sits up and leans his forehead on Sehun’s shoulder; now that he’s calmed down from his earlier rage he feels like crying again. “Did Chanyeol tell you why he’s mad at me?”

“,” Sehun says, pushing at Baekhyun’s chin to make him look up, “you’re like…actually upset.” Baekhyun doesn’t say anything, just whines and lets his head drop onto Sehun’s shoulder. “What the hell happened?”

“I like him so much, Sehun.” He grips Sehun’s shirt with both hands. “He won’t tell me what I did. I’ve tried calling him and texting him and he just won’t talk to me.”

Sehun wraps his arms around Baekhyun and plants his chin atop his head. “I think…he thinks you have a boyfriend.” He rearranges himself to get a better hold around Baekhyun, and clears his throat. “He said something about it yesterday.”

“What?” Baekhyun asks, thoroughly confused. “Why would he think that?”

Sehun shrugs, “No idea, something about a text you got the night you were drunk.”

“He looked through my phone?” Baekhyun is sitting up now, sadness replaced with anger. “What the ?”

“No, he told me he grabbed it off the floor to put it on the table beside you and it lit up and there was a text from, your boyfriend. His words, not mine.”

“What the ,” Baekhyun repeats. His mouth is open, eyes narrowed as he stares at the wall trying to think of what text Chanyeol could have seen that would make him think he has a boyfriend. “Oh my god,” Baekhyun groans, “ing, Yixing. He ruins everything I swear.”

That one stupid text. The one that made him roll his eyes that morning after he’d left Chanyeol’s house. Yixing, hitting on him like an idiot. And, Chanyeol saw it, saw Yixing telling him he’d been thinking about his lips. He wants to punch Yixing, and he wants to punch Chanyeol for just assuming and not talking to him.

“You okay?” Sehun asks after minutes of silence.

“Do you know where Chanyeol is?”

“He has class until late tonight. Why? Are you gonna fight him? Because I can assure you he’ll cry, dude can’t take a punch.”

“I might.”

 

 

“Nini!” Baekhyun shouts, reaching over the table on his tip-toes to pull Jongin into a hug. “And,” he leans back, gives a wide smile to the boy at Jongin’s side, “Kyungsoo! It’s so good to see you guys.” He wiggles his eyebrows, “And, together, too!”

Jongin and Kyungsoo slide into the booth with Baekhyun and Sehun; Sehun gives them both a tight smile. “He’s a little drunk, if you couldn’t tell.”

“How do you get drunk at an Applebee’s, Baek?” Jongin an eyebrow, takes notice of the six or so empty margarita glasses surrounding Baekhyun’s space at the table. “When will you learn tequila is the enemy?”

“I told him to stop after the first two,” Sehun says matter-of-factly, “but he kept waving over random waitresses and asking for more.” He shrugs, “Besides, after the third one he finally stopped sulking so I kinda just went with it.”

Jongin opens a menu and moves it over so Kyungsoo can look. “Chicken strips are good,” he mumbles. “So, Baek, drinking away your problems again?”

“NO,” Baekhyun shouts. He shrugs, “A little.” He takes the last sip from his glass and smiles with his mouth full. “You know,” he says, swaying his arm, knocking over an empty glass. He giggles and sets it upright. “You know, I wasn’t planning on getting drunk.”

“Yeah,” Sehun interrupts, “we were supposed to eat and then go back to the house to wait for Chanyeol, but,” he sighs at Baekhyun trying to get another waitress’s attention, “here we are.”

Jongin slaps Baekhyun’s hand out of the air and gets a pointed glare in return. The waitress Baekhyun had been calling over stops beside their table with a smile. “Never mind,” Jongin says, “he wanted another margarita but we’ve decided he’s cut off.”

“Not fair,” Baekhyun whines as the waitress walks away. “I’m so happy right now, I need to keep drinking or I’ll cry.” He gives Jongin a blank stare, “You don’t want me to start crying again, do you?”

“Take him home,” Jongin says as he slides his arm over Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “Get him sobered up before he talks to Chanyeol.”

Sehun nods and stands. He grabs Baekhyun’s wrist and pulls him up, giggling as he stumbles slightly. He helps Baekhyun slip into his jacket and waves at the couple at the table before ushering his drunk friend toward the exit.

 

 

“Sehuuuun! Carry me, I don’t wanna walk anymore.”

Baekhyun is back to sulking. He kept his smile for approximately two blocks past the restaurant and somehow, something he saw reminded him of Chanyeol and his smile turned to a pout.

“I don’t want to carry you,” Sehun grumbles, as he’s leaning down to let Baekhyun crawl up onto his back. He stands, makes sure Baekhyun’s legs are secure around his waist, and continues walking. “You’re lucky you only weigh like 100 pounds.”

“130, thank you very much.” He hugs around Sehun’s neck and rests his chin on Sehun’s shoulder. “You’re a good friend, you know that?”

“Thanks,” Sehun grunts, slightly winded. He hops a bit to try to hike Baekhyun higher up his body. “You know, for someone so light, you’re really damn heavy.” Baekhyun just hums his acknowledgement and squeezes Sehun’s neck a little tighter.

They continue on in silence for a while. Sehun’s back is screaming, aching to set Baekhyun down, but he can hear soft snores just beside his ear and can’t bring himself to wake Baekhyun up and make him walk. So, he sighs and keeps walking.

He honestly feels bad for Baekhyun. He’s known him for long enough to know the kind of person he is: kind of an , but also one of the sweetest people he’s known. Sure, Baekhyun had led him on for a long time, but that doesn’t make him a bad person. Sehun has to agree with Baekhyun, Chanyeol is being a child, and he’s hurting Baekhyun’s extremely delicate feelings.

On the other hand, Sehun knows Chanyeol very well too. He’d never purposely hurt someone, especially someone he likes. If he thinks Baekhyun has a boyfriend, he must assume that Baekhyun wouldn’t care if he stopped talking to him. Sehun frowns. But, Chanyeol can’t really be that stupid can he? Shouldn’t he understand that Baekhyun likes him from all the texts and calls he’s ignored? He rolls his eyes; he thinks Chanyeol must be the worst psychology major ever.

“Sehun?” Baekhyun says softly, smacking his lips. Sehun hums. “You can put me down now.”

Sehun stops and crouches a bit, letting Baekhyun slide off of him. He stands and cracks his back and gives Baekhyun a small smile. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” Baekhyun sighs, “I think…I’m gonna go back to my place.” He runs the tip of his pointer finger down the length of Sehun’s arm and looks up into his eyes, giving him a stoic smile. “Chanyeol doesn’t want to talk to me…I—I’m not gonna make him.”

Sehun nods, squeezes Baekhyun’s hand. He thinks Baekhyun is making the wrong decision, but he won’t be the one to tell him that. “I can talk to him for you, if you want?”

Baekhyun shrugs, shakes his head, smiles, all at once. “Don’t worry about it. Thank you, though. I…if he wants to talk to me he can, but I’m not gonna force him to.”

Sehun thinks Baekhyun is being just as stubborn and stupid as Chanyeol. If they would just sit down and talk, in literally two sentences everything could be cleared up. But, he doesn’t say anything. He’s not their mothers; he can’t force them to do what they both clearly don’t want to do.

“Call me if you need anything,” he says instead, and gives Baekhyun a tight hug.

 

 

Baekhyun walks slow, a casual pace set by the alcohol he’s consumed and his lack of urgency to get home. He’s not drunk anymore, a little tipsy at the most, but he feels a good level of fuzzy happiness bubbling under his skin.

The street he’s walking down has twinkly lights hanging in the trees and he looks up at them as he walks, letting his eyes go out of focus, blurring the lights and the leaves together. He wonders if he could do the same with his feelings for Chanyeol, blur them somewhere between his heart and his brain. He sighs at his own weakness, his inability to face his problems; he sighs because old habits die hard and, once again, he’s walking away.

Somewhere between regret and self-loathing, his phone rings. It’s Minseok, asking him where he is, if he’s eaten today, if he’s feeling better. Baekhyun has to stop and actually think about how to answer that last question. Is he feeling better?

“Physically?” he asks, knowing that that’s not what Minseok meant. “No, I feel…I feel like I just got drunk at a family restaurant to try to dull the emotions I should be feeling right now.” Minseok doesn’t say anything; Baekhyun groans. “I feel angry and sad and…and stupid.” He wishes Minseok could see his pitiful pout, “Will you make me cookies? And watch a movie with me?”

“I’d love to, but I can’t. I have a date tonight.”

Baekhyun scoffs, browses his mental catalogue of every cute guy they know, trying to think of who Minseok could possibly be going out with. “Liar, you hate everyone we know.”

“I don’t hate Luhan,” Minseok is quick to reply. “Time alone might be good for you, you know. You can think and stuff.”

“Must be nice to like someone without it being complicated.”

“I never said I liked him,” Minseok says, “He’s dumb and cute and seems like he’d be fun, that’s all.”

Baekhyun’s eyes roll on instinct, “You wouldn’t blow me off if you didn’t like him. Don’t try to play me, I know how you work.” He gets a wide, crooked smile, “Minseok likes a grubby little freshman, how cute.”

“Go home. Take a bath, cry, e…whatever you gotta do to make yourself feel better.” He pauses while Baekhyun chuckles. “I know your chickened out of talking to Chanyeol tonight, but you’re gonna tomorrow.”

“Are you gonna make me?” Baekhyun challenges.

“No, but I know you’ll do the right thing.”

 

 

“The right thing,” Baekhyun mimics an hour later, his voice echoing off the bathroom walls. He lifts his leg, watches the water drip back into the tub, and then places it back in the hot water. He’s up to his chin in bubbles and he’ll have to remember to thank Minseok later because this is incredibly relaxing. “I don’t wanna do the right thing. It’s hard,” he whines.

He texts Minseok after his bath, sending him well wishes and hoping his date goes well; he doesn’t get a response and takes that as a good sign. With nothing else to do, he decides to actually get some homework done. So, he sets himself up at his desk, slips his glasses on, and opens his laptop.

He sees the file on his desktop, the one Chanyeol created for their project, and suddenly, he doesn’t feel like doing homework anymore. He looks at his pile of notebooks and school books, then to his bed; sleeping sounds good, he decides.

 

 

He’s frantically shaken awake by Minseok at 2:34 in the morning. He jolts upright and screams; he’s not sure why, but for some reason screaming seems appropriate. Minseok gives him a confused stare, but doesn’t comment.

“What?” Baekhyun asks through his sleepy haze.

“So…I ed him.”

This information wakes Baekhyun up fully and he smiles wide. “I knew it! I knew when you didn’t reply to my text that that’s what was going on!” He grabs either side of Minseok’s face and squishes his cheeks. “How was it?”

“Good. Weird?” Minseok’s eyes narrow as he stares off into the distance. He takes a deep breath and lets it out quickly. “He’s definitely a freshman,” he jokes, raising an eyebrow as he smirks. “Very…eager.”

Baekhyun throws his head back and laughs, “Jesus Christ, lucky you.”

They chat a little more about Minseok’s ual endeavors, until Baekhyun’s tired eyes can’t stay open any longer. Minseok reminds Baekhyun they have classes in the morning, and they decide to get to bed.

 

 

Baekhyun is staring straight ahead, directly at the white board behind the professor standing at the front of the room speaking words he doesn’t hear. He’d almost forgotten they had to not only do the project, but also present their findings to the class. At this point, it’s been nearly a week since he’d last spoken to Chanyeol, his texts and calls still done unanswered, and he still hasn’t gotten the courage to go to Chanyeol’s frat house and confront him. He’s nervous, to say the least, to stand beside Chanyeol and have to work with him to give a successful presentation.

He’s done his part, made printouts to give to the class; he can see the poster board Chanyeol was supposed to complete sitting on the floor beside his desk. All that’s left is to actually face Chanyeol. He takes a deep breath; he can totally do this.

They’re called up for their turn and Baekhyun stands on trembling legs, slowly making his way to the front and hoping he doesn’t pass out from nerves. He makes quick eye contact with Chanyeol and hurries to look away.

While Chanyeol gets the poster board set up on the table at the front, Baekhyun passes the handouts to everyone, then takes his place beside Chanyeol.

He’s staring directly at the floor, scared that if he looks up, if he looks at Chanyeol, he’ll cry or yell and ruin their grade. So, he stands there, deciding it would be best for everyone to just let Chanyeol do all the talking. He knows more than Baekhyun anyway.

It goes well. Chanyeol really knows his stuff, delivers the information appropriately and precisely, and then, he turns to Baekhyun.

“Do you want to add anything?”

Baekhyun gawks, dumbfounded, at Chanyeol. How he so easily spoke to him, a pleasant smile on his face. It infuriates Baekhyun for some reason.

“D-do I want to…” He clenches his jaw, tight fists crumpling the paper he’s holding. “Are you kidding me?”

An awkward silence fills the room. If Baekhyun wasn’t glaring so hard at Chanyeol he’d see the confused, shocked faces of everyone sitting in the room. But, he can see Chanyeol’s face and he looks distraught, wide eyes begging Baekhyun not to do this, not now, not here.

But it’s too late; Baekhyun’s anger has finally spilled over and there’s no holding back now. Not even when he’s standing in front of a room full of people.

“Like,” he smiles incredulously, letting out a short laugh, “Are you actually ing joking right now? Do I want to add anything?” he mocks. His eyes narrow, he’s fully facing Chanyeol now, the class and their grade be damned. “There’s a whole lot of things I’d like to add, you .”

Chanyeol is frozen, giving Baekhyun a blank stare.

“Um, boys?” the professor interjects, “Maybe not here?”

Baekhyun looks at him momentarily, finally realizing what he’s doing in the middle of their presentation. His anger leaves him instantly and he turns back to Chanyeol, face dropping when he sees that he’s walking away from him, toward the door.

He takes one look at the class, the professors concerned face, and decides, it. Chanyeol is more important. Minseok was right, he needs to do the right thing, and he needs to do it now. He lets the paper fall from his hands and runs for the door, calling Chanyeol’s name.

Baekhyun catches him in the hallway, just around the corner.

“Chanyeol, please,” Baekhyun begs, latching onto Chanyeol’s jacket in attempt to keep him close, to keep him from walking away again.

He takes a deep breath and puts a shaky smile on his face. “I don’t have a boyfriend. I haven’t in years. I’ve been too scared to have feelings for anyone, at all, since high school.” He moves his hand from Chanyeol’s sleeve to his forearm and squeezes. “But, , I have feelings for you. So many feelings, and I don’t want to just not say anything and walk away from what we have…or, had…before.”

Baekhyun is holding his breath, eyes hopeful as he watches Chanyeol’s eyes scan his face. The longer the silence goes on, the more Baekhyun feels like crying; he just wants Chanyeol to speak. Instead, he pulls his arm from Baekhyun’s grip, and Baekhyun thinks he can almost hear his heart breaking.

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol says; he’s looking down at the space between their feet. But, when he looks up, and Baekhyun can see the smile on his lips, he knows there’s hope. “I should have said something. That night. The text on your phone, I…I just thought—“

“I know,” Baekhyun interrupts, “but I promise that he…Yixing doesn’t mean anything to me, not anymore.”

 

 

Baekhyun has his eyes closed. His head is resting against the wall behind him and he’s smiling. He can hear children running and screaming, the token machine spitting tokens out, the machines beeping and dinging, all the sounds mixing together.

“Do you wanna go out drinking tonight after work,” Jongin asks from the seat beside him.

“Can’t.” Baekhyun doesn’t even open his eyes. “I have a date tonight.”

“Byun Baekhyun has a date, huh?” Jongin punches Baekhyun’s shoulder lightly. “That’s something I never thought I’d hear.”

Baekhyun opens his eyes now and grins at Jongin. “It’s something I never thought I’d say.”

Jongin opens his mouth, ready to tease Baekhyun, but is interrupted by a familiar deep voice and an even more familiar set of big, dark eyes.

Both boys behind the counter hurry to stand and hug their respective boyfriends.

“What time do you get off tonight?” Kyungsoo asks, grimacing as Jongin pecks kisses atop his head.

“Oh!” Jongin perks up, “according to that clock, two minutes ago.” He runs around the counter and scoops Kyungsoo up into his arms. “Let’s go get drunk!” He begins pushing his small boyfriend toward the door and waves his arm back at Baekhyun, “Have fun you two!”

Baekhyun walks around the counter now too, stopping arm’s length away from Chanyeol. He takes a minute to just look at him, a content smile on both their faces. “Ready?”

“Lead the way,” Chanyeol says, holding his arm out for Baekhyun to take.

 

 

Baekhyun is pouting. He hasn’t spoken a word to Chanyeol since they left the arcade. He thought playing a few games with him would be fun; he thought they would have a good time. And, they did; Baekhyun had a great time playing around on a few games with Chanyeol. But, his seemingly permanent smile lasted only until Chanyeol walked up to the counter and emptied his bag of all his tickets.

“No,” Baekhyun said, staring at the pile in disbelief. “No, you can’t.” He shook his head, looked between the tickets and Luhan standing behind the counter. “Don’t let him do it, Luhan.”

With the widest, most annoying grin, Chanyeol pushed the tickets closer to Luhan and said, “I’ll take the giant bear!”

So, Baekhyun is bitter.

They finally make it to Baekhyun’s apartment door and he’s still sulking. “I can’t believe you made me watch you get the bear. You’re the worst.”

“What?” Chanyeol argues, “I told you a long time ago that I was saving my tickets for it!” Baekhyun glares and Chanyeol sighs. “Come on,” he whines, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and burying his face in his neck, “don’t be mad. It’s just a stuffed bear.”

“Yeah, but it was supposed to be my stuffed bear. You jerk!”

“Big baby,” Chanyeol teases, pulling away to look down and pinch Baekhyun’s cheek. He rearranges the bear over his shoulder and motions for Baekhyun to go into his apartment. He stays in the hallway as Baekhyun turns in the doorway. “See you tomorrow in class?”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, but it’s playful; Chanyeol knows he’s not really mad at him. “Goodnight.” Chanyeol says goodnight and Baekhyun shuts the door, ready to go straight to his room and pass out in his bed. He only makes it a few steps from the door before he hears knocking.

He’s laughing when he opens the door and Chanyeol is holding the bear up, hiding behind it.

“What are you doing, you idiot?”

Chanyeol lowers the bear and smiles. He steps forward, bumping the bear into Baekhyun’s chest. “Take it.”

“What? No…Chanyeol, I was just joking,” he chuckles, “you won it, it’s yours.”

There’s a moment of silence between them, and Chanyeol pushes the bear into Baekhyun’s arms, letting go before Baekhyun gets a chance to refuse.

“I won it for you, though.” Baekhyun tilts his head. “I’ve been saving my tickets for months trying to win this bear for the cute guy that works at the arcade.”

Baekhyun’s mouth opens and he lets out a small huff, not knowing what to say. He hugs the bear and presses his cheek into its fur. “How’d you know I wanted it?”

“Sehun told me,” he shrugs. “I originally was saving up for something else but decided on the bear when he told me that’s what you wanted.”

“You’re incredible, you know that?” He lets the bear fall from his arms and kicks it aside so he can step closer to Chanyeol.

“I’ve been told that a few times,” Chanyeol says with a cocky smirk.

And then, Baekhyun is reaching up, stretching on his tip toes, and pressing his lips to Chanyeol’s. The kiss ends quickly and Baekhyun is stepping back into his apartment, staring at Chanyeol; he makes a face at him.

“What?” Chanyeol asks.

“Are you coming in, or what?” Baekhyun raises an eyebrow, implying that coming in will be worth Chanyeol’s time. And, Chanyeol rushes forward, trips over the bear as he swings the door closed and stumbles forward, hand-in-hand with Baekhyun, toward his bedroom.

The giant stuffed bear spends the night on the living room floor beside the door where he was left. But, it’s probably a good thing; his innocent eyes don’t need to witness what’s going to happen after Baekhyun locks his door.

Or, at least he thought he locked it. Because, once again, Minseok walks in on the two in a compromising position, but this time there’s less clothes and Minseok couldn’t possibly misunderstand what’s going on.