Ch. 4

It's All In The Timing

“I told you, did I not?” Minseok’s nostrils are flared, a telltale sign that he’s annoyed with Baekhyun and his poor life decisions. “I ing told you that talking to Yixing was a bad idea.” He drinks from his beer and sets it on the table. “But why would you listen to me? Why would you ever listen to me? Why do I keep giving you advice knowing you never take it?”

Baekhyun is pouting, holding the lip of his beer bottle to his mouth. They’ve been at the bar for well over two hours now and Baekhyun only wishes he had half the alcohol tolerance that Minseok has. They’ve drank the same amount, six beers each, and Baekhyun is just short of sloppy, while Minseok could probably still drive them home if he needed. He sighs and takes another drink.

“I know, Min, I know! Okay?” He makes an ungodly noise and slams his forehead on the table. “Can’t you just tell me what to do instead of yelling at me?” He attempts to give Minseok his cute face, the one with the big eyes that used to work to get Minseok .

“Don’t make that face at me.” Baekhyun’s cuteness intensifies. “God, why the hell did I ever let that stupid face affect me?” He sighs when Baekhyun doesn’t give up. “If I give you advice will you actually listen this time?” Baekhyun perks up and nods; Minseok leans over the table and smacks Baekhyun’s forehead. “Stop talking to Yixing and just please, for the love of god, let yourself like Chanyeol.”

All Baekhyun does is whine and hug his beer to his chest. He jumps when his phone vibrates on the table.

From Chanyeol:
hey, hope you made it home okay :) i kno u had to walk and its cold and ty out. sehuns making me walk to the store to get more beer D:

“If that’s Yixing I’m going to actually shove your phone up your .”

“It’s Chanyeol,” Baekhyun says, smiling at his phone, “and who’s to say I won’t like it if you do?” He laughs at Minseok’s dramatic eye roll. “Vibration,” he says, wiggling his brows at Minseok.

To Chanyeol:
be sfafe! dnont talk to starangers :p

From Chanyeol:
lol u drunk? without me?? im hurt, truly hurt :’(

Just then a waitress comes around with a tray of shots. The bar is closing soon, so they’re getting rid of them for free. Minseok tries to say no, but she won’t let him, giving him and Baekhyun each three. They gulp them down, of course, because you can’t waste free alcohol.

Baekhyun forgets to reply to Chanyeol. He forgets he was even texting Chanyeol.

Tequila hits Baekhyun like a freight train. Always has, always will. Tonight is no different. Maybe he wouldn’t have downed the shots if he’d known what they were.

 

 

He’s just on the other side of sloppy now as he leans on Minseok, using his shoulder to keep him from sliding to the concrete. Minseok is, in all honesty, the only thing keeping Baekhyun from hitting the pavement, and he’s not too sure if he appreciates the responsibility. It’s extremely difficult, getting Baekhyun to walk even a slightly straight line; they almost fall more than once, but Baekhyun only continues to giggle and cling to Minseok.

“Minnie!” Baekhyun giggles once again and drags Minseok down as he holds onto him for dear life. Minseok is his life saver right now; he wouldn’t be on his feet if it weren’t for him. “Minnie, you’re m-hero. M-strong and y hero.”

Minseok flusters, mostly at the slim hand sliding down his front, dangerously close to his ; he’s used to Baekhyun flattering him with words. He shakes his head and hoists Baekhyun up further to get a better grip on him.

Suddenly, Baekhyun stops walking. He turns to Minseok with a terrifyingly serious expression. “You know what’s so so weird?” He waits patiently for Minseok’s hum of acknowledgement before continuing with a sharp gasp. “All our teeth fall out and then just…they just come back!” He chuckles and rests his head comfortably on Minseok’s shoulder, urging them forward again. “They’re literally I’m you but stronger.”

Minseok stops them again and turns his head to look at Baekhyun, who’s now resting his eyes with a wide smile on his face. “What the f— how drunk are you? Honestly.”

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun screams, so suddenly Minseok jumps and almost drops him. “Tall Chanyeollie!”

Minseok watches in confusion as Baekhyun untangles himself from around his shoulders and starts stumbling forward toward the street. He snatches Baekhyun up by the wrist at the last second, pulling him back from a car speeding by, and grips him up from under his arms.

“What are you doing? You almost got hit by that car!”

“But…but Chanyeol!” He points a finger across the street, flailing his arm to further prove a point that Minseok just isn’t getting. “He’s right there!” Without warning Baekhyun jumps and waves his arms, knocking Minseok back and freeing him from his grip. “Chanyeol!” he screams.

Minseok looks up and, for the first time, notices a guy across the street walking with his hands in his pockets, earbuds shoved into his ears. He hates himself for it, but he sighs and takes Baekhyun’s hand; he’ll just walk him across the street like a child.

Baekhyun, if he remembers, will hate himself for this in the morning.

Once safely across the street he tears away from Minseok and launches himself directly into an oblivious Chanyeol. They don’t fall; Chanyeol manages to keep his balance and hold up, from what he can tell, is an extremely trashed Baekhyun.

“I’m sorry,” Minseok says, out of breath as he steps over to them. “He’s an actual child when he’s had too much to drink.”

Baekhyun is busy rubbing his face on Chanyeol’s puffy coat; the material is coarse and slightly wet from the earlier rain, but it feels like heaven to Baekhyun.

“It’s okay,” Chanyeol just chuckles. He has to wrap his arms around Baekhyun to stop him from sliding onto the ground. It’s like trying to hold a baby that refuses to stay still. He looks down at Baekhyun, looking absolutely content with his face pressed against his chest. “How did you get so drunk between when you were texting me and now?”

Baekhyun only makes soft noise, so Minseok answers for him. “Tequila.”

Chanyeol tightens his grip once again as Baekhyun starts to fall back; he laughs. “He’s way ed up, you should probably get him home.” He starts to push Baekhyun toward Minseok, but Baekhyun clings onto him.

“Take me home, Yeollie!” Baekhyun slurs cutely. “Take me home with you!” He looks up, his chin pressing into Chanyeol’s chest, one eye open slightly more than the other. “Chanyeooool’s bed tonight!” he sings, rearranging himself on the other side of Chanyeol so that Minseok can’t reach him from where he’s standing.

Minseok sighs. “Baek, I really don’t think Chanyeol wants to deal with you.”

“I don’t mind,” Chanyeol says, and Baekhyun sticks his tongue out. “Besides, he’s kinda got a death grip on me; I don’t think we could pry him off.”

Minseok’s eyes narrow, “Are you sure?”

Baekhyun starts rubbing his face on Chanyeol like a cat. “I’m sure. Really, I don’t mind. I’m in a frat, I’m confident in my ability to care of the inebriated.”

Minseok looks from Baekhyun to Chanyeol a few times, nervously chewing his lip. If anything were to happen to Baekhyun he’d never forgive himself, but Chanyeol has this charming confidence about him that’s hard to not trust. He nods, “Okay. Alright, just…text me when you get him safely to your place. Please?”

 

 

 

To Minseok:
made it back. he’s stripping his clothes off in the living room.. have a good night minseok!

From Minseok:
jesus christ please don’t let him hurt himself. and you too

From Minseok:
also baek flails in his sleep when he’s drunk so keep a safe distance

Chanyeol reads the messages but doesn’t get a chance to reply; he has to quickly cross the room and stop Baekhyun from pulling his pants off. Baekhyun giggles, jumps to avoid Chanyeol and continues slithering out of his jeans. Chanyeol chases him around the couch, catches him just as his jeans reach his knees and he loses his balance. Baekhyun hits the floor and Chanyeol stares down at him, slightly out of breath, and extremely amused.

Baekhyun pouts and raises both arms, making grabby hands at Chanyeol. He’s helped up, wobbling as he gets to his feet. Chanyeol shakes his head as he takes Baekhyun by the shoulders to push him toward his room, waddling because his jeans are still around his knees.

Baekhyun falls onto Chanyeol’s bed, flat on his back, like a starfish taking up the entire mattress. He hums, content, as Chanyeol pulls his shoes off for him, then slides his jeans the rest of the way off. If he wasn’t so absolutely wasted, he’d be really into the idea of Chanyeol undressing him, but right now all he can think about is how soft the sweats Chanyeol is carefully pulling up his legs feel. The noise that leaves his mouth is dangerously similar to a moan and Chanyeol pauses to look up at Baekhyun, gulping down the arousal trying to surface. He shakes his head and sighs, focus Chanyeol.

“Where ya’ going?” Baekhyun asks when Chanyeol turns his back to him.

“Just…to the bathroom really quick.”

Baekhyun shimmies in place a bit and whines, pushes hit bottom lip out into a cute little pout. “Promise you’ll cuddle me when you come back?”

“Uh,” Chanyeol wants to say words, he really does, but he can’t think of any. When the hell did he become such an idiot around cute guys? “Uh…sure.” He hurries to the bathroom without looking back.

With the bathroom door behind him shut and locked he gives himself the time he needs to properly freak out. Baekhyun is just outside the door, in his bed, waiting for him to come cuddle him. This is okay. He looks at his reflection and tries to give himself a reassuring smile; this is fine. He can do this.

He brushes his teeth, washes his face, gives himself a little pep talk, and then exits the bathroom. He’s totally not shaking with nerves.

All his hopes of cuddling Baekhyun to sleep are crushed before he can even fully shut his bathroom door. He can’t tell by just looking, but the soft snoring coming from the still sprawled out Baekhyun tells Chanyeol he’s already fast asleep. He’s relieved, a little sad as well, but mostly relieved. Minseok wasn’t joking; drunk Baekhyun is a challenge.

Chanyeol trips over Baekhyun’s pants balled up on the floor and stops to pick them up. He begins folding them, and Baekhyun’s phone slips out of a back pocket, landing on the floor at Chanyeol’s feet. He picks it up, wanting to set it on the nightstand beside Baekhyun, but the screen lights up, showing a couple texts from someone Chanyeol doesn’t know.

From Yixing:
ive been thinking about your lips tonight

From Yixing:
lets hang out soon Baekie

The messages knock the breath out of Chanyeol, and he stares at them for longer than he should. He locks the phone and sets it beside Baekhyun, his shaky hands letting it clumsily fall onto the table. Baekhyun stirs but doesn’t wake enough to do anything but groan and mumble a drunken, jumbled version of Chanyeol’s name. At the sound of his name, Chanyeol smiles sadly. He grabs a pillow and one of the extra blankets on the bed and silently exits the room, closing the door behind him.

 

 

Baekhyun wakes up with a groan, cracking his back as he stretches. He reaches out, expecting a hand to land on Chanyeol, but all he feels is cool sheets beside him. He knows he doesn’t fully remember everything from the previous night, but he definitely remembers falling asleep waiting for Chanyeol to crawl into bed with him. He frowns and sits up, turns and plants his feet on the floor. He only has a moderate hangover; it’s manageable.

He finds his own pants and changes, folds Chanyeol’s sweats and leaves them neatly on the bed. He pockets his phone and checks the bathroom before leaving, just to be sure Chanyeol isn’t in there. It’s empty, so he heads out into the hallway. It’s oddly silent in the frat house, though it is a weekday, so many of the guys are probably in classes right now. He tiptoes all the way down, to where the hallway becomes the living room, and is surprised to see Sehun sitting on the couch holding a bowl up to his mouth.

“Hey, do you happen to know where Chanyeol is?” He pauses, bites his tongue; he really doesn’t want to give Sehun this next bit of information, but he does anyway. “I woke up and he…wasn’t in the bed, so…”

Sehun moves the bowl and shrugs. “He left not too long ago. Not sure where he went though…he seemed kinda mad?”

Baekhyun frowns and sits beside Sehun. “Mad? Why?” He peeks over into Sehun’s bowl and his lips, ramen, yum. His stomach growls and Sehun chuckles.

“Hungry?”

“Very.”

 

 

Baekhyun stands beside Sehun, leaning against the cabinets in the kitchen as the younger stands over the stove, stirring the noodles in the pot.

“So, not that it’s any of my business, but what happened last night? You guys were loud as hell when you came in.”

Baekhyun makes a face and groans. “I was kinda really drunk.” He sighs. “I left a bar and saw Chanyeol walking down the street and my drunk made him bring me here.”

Sehun turns the stove off, strains some of the water, and pours the noodles into a bowl that he sets on the table for Baekhyun. They sit across from each other and Baekhyun begins eating.

“You know,” Baekhyun starts, mouth full of food, “I’ve been meaning to apologize to you. Things with us were uh, kinda bad and…you know, I never meant to lead you on like I did.” He drinks some broth and clears his throat. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking recently and I realized I was an to you and so…yeah, I’m just really sorry.”

Sehun is looking down, but Baekhyun can see there’s a small smile on his lips. “Thank you,” Sehun mutters. He looks up and his smile widens.

“I really like Chanyeol,” Baekhyun says confidently; it feels great to say it. “A lot.” He knows it’s probably not what Sehun wants to hear, but Baekhyun just needs to get it out, someone needs to hear it.

“I know you do.”

“You do?” Baekhyun questions, “How?”

“You look at him the same way you used to look at me,” Sehun says, a little sad, but with that same small smile on his lips.

“I…I’m sorry, Sehun. I really am.” He pushes the empty bowl further away from him and sits forward. “I had a lot of issues then and I—“

“It’s okay Baek. You don’t have to explain yourself to me.” He grabs the bowl and takes it to the sink, then turns and crosses his arms. He gives Baekhyun a playful smirk. “I’m over you now anyway. I’m on to bigger and better things.”

Baekhyun’s lips purse and he stands, narrows his eyes at Sehun. “Someone better than me?”

They laugh together and chat a bit more as Sehun walks Baekhyun to the door. He asks Sehun to tell Chanyeol to text him whenever he gets home, and leaves after they share a quick hug.

He feels good. He feels really good. Great even. He walks with a pep in his step and a smile on his face. It’s nice out today and the sun is shining, and he feels like absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong. He likes someone. He likes Chanyeol. He apologized to Sehun, gotten through the pain of his past heartbreak, and just all around feels like he’s floating. His phone vibrates.

From Minseok:
hey dip u alive? or did Chanyeol kill u?

To Minseok:
thanks for ur sarcastic concern, yes im alive. woke up only a little hungover, apologized to sehun, cant find yeol… but I feel great

To Minseok:
I like him so much and im gonna tell him today. im gonna finally tell someone I like them holy min!!

From Minseok:
proud of u. my baby is growing up :’)

Before he answers Minseok’s text, he notices messages from Yixing from last night. The first one makes him roll his eyes and laugh; Yixing is ridiculous.

To Yixing:
it’s a bit last minute, but im not busy tonight if u wanna drive out here and hang at my place?

From Yixing:
I’ll be there babe

He sends Yixing his address, lets Minseok know he’ll be coming over (he’s not happy about it), and then enters the sandwich shop he’d been stopped in front of; he's thirsty and he's been told they have amazing smoothies. There’s an unusually long line, but he’s so happy today he can’t even let that bother him.

It’s about ten people in front of him so he busies himself with his phone, head down as he reads through random articles on his Facebook feed. The line moves forward and the next person orders, catching Baekhyun’s attention with their all too familiar deep voice; he looks up, smiling from ear to ear.

“Chanyeol!” he calls out excitedly, waving a hand up in the air to get his attention. Chanyeol looks back, his eyes widen, and he turns back to the counter. Baekhyun puts his arm down and frowns. He watches the back of Chanyeol’s head as he pays and then steps to the side to wait for his order. He gets antsy waiting for the line to move and steps out, deciding to skip the smoothie and go talk to Chanyeol instead.

“Hey,” he says, bumping his hip against Chanyeol’s. “You ran out on me to get food?”

Chanyeol smiles, but it’s not a usual Chanyeol smile. “You were sleeping,” he shrugs, “figured you wouldn’t mind if I was gone when you woke up.”

Baekhyun scoffs, rolls his eyes. “I recall falling asleep waiting for cuddles.” He looks up, gives Chanyeol the cutest pouty face he can manage, “I woke up all alone.” He laughs now and pinches Chanyeol’s side, trying to get any kind of reaction out of him, but Chanyeol doesn’t even look at him. Sensing the awkward air around them, Baekhyun sidesteps, putting a small distance between them. He clears his throat as the cashier hands Chanyeol a small paper bag, and then follows as Chanyeol makes his way to the door and out onto the busy sidewalk.

“Hey,” Baekhyun says, taking a handful of Chanyeol’s shirtsleeve to stop him from walking away. There’s a lump in his throat he can’t explain and he can’t bring himself to look up into Chanyeol’s eyes. “Did…are you okay?” He does meet Chanyeol’s eyes now and the expression he sees hurts. “Did I do something wrong last night?”

Chanyeol’s face falls and he lets out a small huff; he pulls his arm from Baekhyun’s grasp. “I just…I thought you liked me.”

Baekhyun’s stomach drops and he reaches out for Chanyeol, but he shrugs away from the touch and starts walking away. Baekhyun is frozen in place, stuck watching Chanyeol’s back, unable to call out for him to stop. He’s confused, so confused, and his chest is tight. He doesn’t know what just happened; he wants to know what happened last night that changed everything.

He watches until Chanyeol disappears into the crowd of people. He’s stunned silent, hurt. He can’t, for the life of him, understand what Chanyeol meant; of course he liked him. He still likes him.

This feels familiar to him. The tightness in his chest, the lump in his throat. The tears building in his eyes remind him of Yixing, of being broken up with. But, he wasn’t broken up with; he wasn’t with Chanyeol to begin with. So, why does watching Chanyeol walk away like that hurt this much? He takes his phone from his pocket and dials Minseok.

 

 

Minseok finds him on a bench in the park, an empty coffee cup in his hands and tears lining his eyes. He’d answered Baekhyun’s call and nearly ran out of their shared apartment when he heard the tremble in Baekhyun’s voice. He sits beside him and doesn’t speak; Baekhyun leans his head on Minseok’s shoulder. Minseok knows he has to break the comfortable silence soon, as much as he doesn’t want to; he needs to know exactly what happened.

“I don’t know what happened, Minnie.” He sniffles and uses Minseok’s shoulder to wipe a tear at the corner of his eye. “I went to sleep and woke up and now he hates me. I…I don’t know what I did.” Minseok slips an arm around him and pulls him closer. “What did I do?” he asks, mostly to himself.

Baekhyun walks Minseok through what he can remember of the night, after he’d left him and went off with Chanyeol. He explains how Chanyeol was sweet and took care of him, didn’t try to take advantage of him. He tells Minseok that Chanyeol tucked him into bed and he fell asleep waiting for him to come out of the bathroom, and when he woke up, Chanyeol wasn’t there.

“Letting go was all for nothing,” Baekhyun says, his chin trembling. He’s angry at himself. “I finally put myself out there, let myself like someone…” His face crumbles and finally, he lets his tears fall. “I just don’t know what I did wrong,” he cries, “I just wanted to like someone again.”

Minseok buys Baekhyun another coffee and then takes him home. He has to go to an afternoon class, but he sets Baekhyun up on the couch with the coziest blanket they have before leaving.

Baekhyun is good at pushing feelings down. He’s had plenty of practice over the past few years, but something is different this time. He replays last night over in his head hundreds of times, this morning in the sandwich shop. He just can’t see what he did to change how Chanyeol feels about him.

Finally, he sits up with an aggravated sigh; he runs his hands over his face. This just won’t do. Byun Baekhyun doesn’t mope. And, he definitely doesn’t like people. Not even Chanyeol, he tells himself. With a finalizing nod, he stands and goes to his room to get dressed. Yixing should be here soon.

 

 

“You look sad,” is the first thing Yixing says when Baekhyun opens the door.

Baekhyun’s smile falters for only a second and quickly returns. He tells Yixing he’d been watching a sad movie and changes the subject as he leads him further into the apartment. He takes Yixing’s jacket for him and throws it on a chair, and turns back to him. He doesn’t know what to say. Hanging out with Yixing is weird; he hasn’t done it in so long.

“So, what do you wanna do?” Baekhyun asks.

“Well,” Yixing says, holding up a bag Baekhyun hadn’t noticed earlier. He smiles, “I thought we could have a few beers and just catch up?” Baekhyun returns the smile and agrees.

A few beers turn into the six pack Yixing had brought, plus the other eight that Baekhyun had left over in his fridge. They’re lazing on the couch in the living room, the TV is on quietly as background noise, and Baekhyun is just drunk enough to not notice Yixing scooting closer to him.

Through all the laughter and reminiscing, Baekhyun sends Chanyeol a few texts.

To Chanyeol:
hey

To Chanyeol:
yeollie what are u doing??

To Chanyeol:
guess ur still mad since u wont reply to me

To Chanyeol:
i wish u would tell me what i did

He sighs and tosses his phone onto the table, grabbing his beer beside it and chugging down the rest. He sits back and crosses his arms, pouts to himself because the alcohol is so not working to take his mind off being sad. A hand lands on his shoulder and he jumps; he’d almost forgotten Yixing was here with him.

“You okay?”

“Fine.” Baekhyun shrugs; Yixing starts to massage the shoulder he’s holding and Baekhyun melts into it, letting his eyes slip closed. This is something Baekhyun forgot he missed about dating Yixing: magical hands, magical massages. He begins to turn himself, moving so Yixing can reach the other shoulder, giving him a proper massage. Baekhyun hums, arches his back when Yixing digs his thumbs in, slides his palms across his shoulder blades.

Yixing’s hands go lower; Baekhyun gasps, it feels amazing. He knows the beer is a large contributing factor in this, the main reason he’s not pulling away. It feels so good he’s forgotten about being sad; he’s forgotten about Chanyeol. Yixing’s hands lower still, and this time, his fingers play at the edge of Baekhyun’s shirt, slip under the fabric to press into the smooth skin of Baekhyun’s lower back. Baekhyun feels the cushion behind him dip and then there’s a hot breath against his ear.

“I’ve missed you, Baekie,” Yixing whispers, his fingers now working small circles into Baekhyun’s bare skin.

“I…I’ve missed you too.” Baekhyun’s skin is on fire and he can’t blame it entirely on the beer. Yixing is nearly pressing his chest against Baekhyun’s back now, his exhales constantly fanning across Baekhyun’s ear; it has shivers running down Baekhyun’s spine. “Yixing,” Baekhyun whispers, wanting to tell him to stop, but he cuts himself off with a yelp.

Yixing raises Baekhyun’s shirt and presses his lips to the center of his back; his hands coming around to feel up Baekhyun’s soft tummy. Baekhyun’s head drops back and he raises up onto his knees; Yixing backs away as Baekhyun turns to face him. Baekhyun is out of breath, his cheeks red, lips parted; Yixing knows that look and what it means, has seen it many times in their years together as boyfriends.

It’s Yixing who moves first, lunges forward at Baekhyun and pins him against the arm of the couch on his back. Yixing’s lips feel exactly as Baekhyun remembers them; the hands sliding up the front of his shirt brings back memories of them as teenagers itching to touch each other’s bodies. He moans into Yixing’s mouth, bucks his hips when a finger slides over his . Yixing kisses Baekhyun’s jaw, down to his neck; his hand pulls out of his shirt and moves to the button of Baekhyun’s jeans.

“Please!” Baekhyun cries impatiently. He grabs Yixing’s shoulders and pushes him down, urging him to take his pants off of him.

And, Yixing doesn’t disappoint. He wastes no time in sliding back, undoing Baekhyun’s jeans and tugging them down. Baekhyun watches this, holding his breath as his jeans slide down his thighs. Yixing is carelessly tugging, in a rush to get Baekhyun ; nothing like the careful way Chanyeol had taken his pants off for him last night.

“Stop!” Baekhyun shouts suddenly. Yixing looks up with wide eyes, his fingers still curled around the jeans he has pulled down to Baekhyun’s knees. “Stop!” Baekhyun scoots himself back and shimmies his pants back up, buttoning and zipping them. He’s taking deep, trembling breaths as he stares at a confused Yixing. He curls up, hugging his knees to his chest, “You should go. We shouldn’t do this.”

“What?” Yixing scoffs and stands, crosses his arms over his chest; he’s clearly aggravated. “Why?”

Baekhyun stares at his phone on the table. He wants to call Chanyeol. He wants to hear his voice. He wants Chanyeol to be the one sliding the jeans off his legs, the one kissing him breathless. He’s had Yixing, he’s been hurt by Yixing; he doesn’t want that again.

“You’re not what I want,” Baekhyun shakes his head, “not anymore.”

Yixing smooths a hand through his hair and shakes his head. He clicks his tongue, clearly unhappy with Baekhyun’s sudden change of heart. He snatches his jacket off the chair beside him and slips it on, “This is a joke.”

“You’re a joke,” Baekhyun mutters, trying his best not to cry.

Yixing stomps to the door and pulls it open, “You’re the ing joke, literally who does this?”

The lump in Baekhyun’s throat hurts and he’s trying so hard not to cry in front of Yixing; he just wants him to leave. “Chanyeol would never get me drunk to take advantage of me.”

“Go him then!” Yixing growls and then slams the door behind him, finally leaving Baekhyun alone.

Baekhyun leans back and covers his face with both hands, sobbing loud into his palms. His tears stream down his cheeks as he gasps, trying to regulate his breathing. How could he be so stupid to ever trust Yixing again? He hates himself right now, and still, all he wants is to talk to Chanyeol. He grabs his phone and dials it, wipes at his wet cheeks with his free hand.

He’s still sniffling when it begins to ring, still gasping down short breaths every so often as his crying calms. It rings and rings, and rings some more. Chanyeol doesn’t answer. He doesn’t leave a voicemail; he doesn’t know what to say. I’m sorry. Please answer. I just want to hear your voice because it’ll make me feel better.

To Chanyeol:
im sorry. i don’t know what I did but im so sorry

He turns his phone on silent and tosses it on the table, not even bothering to hold his tears back as he lays on his side and closes his eyes.