"Peek-a-Boo"

The Heir Is In Love

Peek-a-boo...peek-a-boo...peek-a-boo ~’

 

Although he was wearing his usually straight face it was apparent that Chanyeol was enjoying this new song, he was lightly bopping his head doing his endless paperwork while the song has been repeated on a loop for hours. Actually, for hours in that entire week.

 

As he finished reviewing the last business proposal on his desk he then leans his head comfortably at the headboard of his lazy-boy as he lazily turns it to the side and faces his secretary Seok Jin. “Jin-ah...who sang that song?”

 

Seok Jin who was busily arranging the dwarf-eared heir’s incoming schedule did not hear his question clearly, “Y-yes, young master?”

 

Of so many things that Chanyeol hates in the world, repeating himself is one of it.

 

“I said who sang that song?” Chanyeol asked in his usual cold tone but the stern way cannot be left unnoticed.

 

WE’RE COUSINS. WE’RE COUSINS. WE’RE COUSINS! CHANYEOL. ASIDE FROM BEING YOUR SECRETARY WE’RE COUSINS!!! Seok Jin inwardly chants hoping that the heir would not berserk on him as he almost always automatically lashes out to their other servants inside the mansion and in the company whenever they become less attentive to Chanyeol’s commands or to the little things that irk him. “R-R-Redu Belbet, Chanyeol-ah.” He stammers.

 

The heir who was creasing his eyebrows raised one. “Ah, Redu Belbet…”

 

“Y-yes, Young Master.” Seok Jin answered lowering his head, relief that the latter did not get irritated at him.

 

“Chanyeol when it’s just us Jin-ah...” The heir answered. Although he poses a cold demeanor towards everybody, Seok Jin is the only exception. “...so Redu Belbet.”

 

“Ahuh.”

 

“Will you be able to get them to sing for my Succession Ceremony?”

 

“H-Huh, eh...but -” Seok Jin stammers again

 

“But what?”

 

“Those singers were Hallyu stars, they’re one of the most popular girl groups right now.”

 

“How popular?”

 

“Probably the Most Popular Chanyeol-ah...they are the Best Female Group this year. So -”

 

“So...what, Seok Jin?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow once again. He never accepts No as an answer.

 

“Their schedule is jammed. And on your Succession Ceremony, I think they’re going to attend an award ceremony.”

 

“Ah…then maybe you could do something about that award ceremony.” the heir implied indirectly.

 

Seok Jin knew his cousin a-little-too-well. The heir’s wealth could literally move mountains and these kinds of ‘minor’ circumstances are not enough to shake his mood. Meaning not serious enough to get on his nerves so he needs to do all the essential negotiations to get what the heir wants.

 

So after their long office hours, he immediately contacted SM Entertainment to find out the schedule of Red Velvet. And just as he predicted, the schedule of the female girl group was already occupied for that entire month and even in the same day of the Succession Ceremony of the heir.

 

He was left with no choice but to call MBC and tried to do some arrangement for that certain award ceremony. He then found out that Red Velvet would be attending that award’s night to perform their current track ‘Peek-a-boo’ and to receive an award. Hell, he was definitely screwed so he called back the girl group’s agency to make some adjustments and allow him to negotiate.

 

It was definitely tedious for him. Park Empire’s name could not gain such negative reputation with this process just because the heir is being “demanding”, he needed to compensate for the public especially for the ReVeLuvs (Red Velvet’s fans). But as he recalls how his heir cousin sings along with the song, there are just some certain parts that he really sings along.



 

Oh gosh! ~

Start a game rollinghae, Blanka ~

Peek-a-boopeek-a-boo….peek-a-boo ~



 

“Ah, AHHH! A brilliant idea sprung out from him. Maybe I could bargain. This will compensate! He mentally rejoiced thinking to just get the girl who sings those lines in Peek-a-Boo in order to perform for Chanyeol’s Succession Ceremony.


 

SM Entertainment immediately agreed with the deal that Seok Jin set with their company which is to get the girl who sang Chanyeol’s favorite lines in Peek-a-Boo to perform in his Succession Ceremony. The event that will mark Chanyeol’s full inheritance to the wealth of the Park family, the day when he will become the most powerful man in Asia.




 

“I told you to get the entire Red Velvet band, right!?!?” Chanyeol half growls on Seok Jin’s face after discussing him the arrangement he did the night before with SM Entertainment.

 

For goodness sake, Park Chanyeol. You don’t even know how they look like! You only sing that particular girl’s lines probably because you two have the same cold tone. And you are demanding me to alter the universe on that day you become Park Empire’s head. He thought as he accepts Chanyeol’s spitting fire on him.

 

“But they said it will only be that Bae Joohyun they can send us to perform during your Succession Ceremony and that girl has to leave the awarding ceremony half-way just for you. So please Chanyeol-ah.” the secretary tried to beg.

 

Chanyeol breathed deeply and sighed heavily to compose his self. It is Seok Jin who he is currently scolding, the only person he knows that sincerely cares for him. Hence, he cannot totally lash out his temper to him like what he usually does to his other servants. “Fine.”

 

“She’s the one singing your favorite lines. The one with the low but soothing voice so you don’t have to worry.” Goodness gracious, for all I know.. you are making me move oceans just to hear those few lines.

 

“The one doing that Peek-a-boo...Peek-a-Boo...Peek-a-Boo at the end?” Chanyeol asks as he tries hard to make his tone less curious. But his dwarf-ears were moving in their place which made Seok Jin chuckled for a second. He knew that his cousin’s just acting tough but is actually excited inside.

 

“Yes, Chanyeol-ah.” Seok Jin could not help but answer the latter rather enthusiastically.

 

“Uh, ah...Bae Joohyun.” Chanyeol mutters in a low tone. Truth to be told he has not yet searched Red Velvet on the internet and not even “the Bae Joohyun” who sang his favorite lines. But oddly, there’s something in her voice which makes him drawn to listen again and again.

 

Like fate would eventually let them meet in one place only if he will keep on listening to the song, especially to her lines. As if her voice was telling him to come close her.

 

Indeed, it is not easy to please the incoming ‘king’ of their family. Seok Jin sighs, he just thought that he have endured so much for being Chanyeol’s secretary.

 

-//-//-//-

 

Beautiful.

 

If there’s a literal definition of this word. Then it is definitely Bae Joohyun.

 

Ever since her early days as a normal country-side girl in Daegu until she entered SM Entertainment, that particular word best defines her.

 

And being the most popular girl in the midst of Red Velvet’s popularity, Joohyun is well aware that she owes every single thing she has because of her looks - popularity, opportunities. admiration and love.

 

But on the downside, her beauty also brings her danger.




 

It was nearly 8 pm and all the members of Red Velvet were in the midst of practicing their stage performances on the upcoming award ceremonies that their group have to attend.

 

“Joohyun, can you please step out in a bit?” one of their managers beckoned the oldest Red Velvet member to excuse herself from others while they were in the midst of doing the countings that their choreographer was teaching them.

 

Joohyun immediately complied and walked to their manager’s direction. “What is it Manager-nim?”

 

It was Bae Joohyun’s new manager, not the one who managed the entire Red Velvet. SM Entertainment had assigned her an individual manager since her schedule for her solo activities and endorsements have become some demanding more than half a year ago. And her new Manager-nim was ‘extra’ nice and very affectionate of her to the point that it is very alarming.

 

Joohyun’s the touchy type towards her other Red Velvet members and other female friends mainly because they are all females. She too is very accommodating when it comes to NCT ’s Johnny, Mark and Jaehyun all because they have trained in the same time frame, they were like her little brothers and those three are all gentleman.


 

She walked down the hallway few steps before her individual Manager-nim in the hallway going to his office assuring that there is enough distance between them.

 

As they reached the front door of her Manager-nim’s office, the man in his late-thirties beckoned him to enter the room. “Joohyunnie, come inside with me. We’ll talk about an additional schedule for you.”

 

Too casual. The main Red Velvet Manager -nim never called her with affections. Would be rather strict yet very professional in handling them. More importantly, never laid a finger on them when it’s not needed. Something that this new manager of hers all deviates.

 

At first, she hesitated to follow her instruction and poised him a doubtful expression.

 

“Joohyun-ah.” He called for her name once more as he questions why she was too alert to him.

 

“Uh- ah...y-yes.” She then followed her manager inside his office.


 

They were in the middle of discussing Joohyun’s additional schedule while sitting across each other in a long table when her manager suddenly stood up from his seat and went behind her, “...so I made a new arrangement with the PD-nims and Black Pink’s manager. You girls will now perform before Black Pink so that you could leave the award ceremony earlier to travel to Pyongchang-dong and host a portion of the Park Heir’s Succession Ceremony in Pyongchang-dong.”

 

Joohyun suddenly felt her manager’s arm around her shoulders, his hand rubbing her left shoulders. She shudders at the sudden unwanted physical contact. “Y-Y-Yes, Manager-nim.” she could not help but stammer in fear.

 

Just like everybody in her chosen field, she dreamed of fame. Blood, sweat, and tears for five years were all exerted in the practice rooms of SM Entertainment. She thought that her determination and stronghold in her dream of becoming a famous girl group member are the only things required to become successful. Yes, they did, but the road is still shady for them. And several months ago when her new manager came, she received that “most sought-after” spot. But it seems that this fame she’s experiencing will eventually require her to give away her dignity.

 

“Don’t forget to practice Would U. And do good dress prettily in front of those chaebols… you know, you have to show a little skin there.” Her manager reminded her, his rubbing of the girl’s shoulder became a bit slower, sensual.

 

Joohyun literally shoots up from her seat as she could not bear the uncomfortable contact with the latter and sprints near the entrance of the room feet wishing to run far away from her manager’s presence.

 

“Y-Y-Yes Manager-nim!” She stutters in fear.

 

“And one more thing Joohyunnie -”

 

“Y-Yes, Manager-nim?”

 

“Be generous with your fan service. The heir’s secretary told me that the heir is really into your song parts in Peek-a-boo.”

 

And by mentioning that she should be generous with her fan service, she knew that her personal manager’s reminding her to prepare to do something more just in case.

 

With that, she shyly nods and quickly left the vicinity.

 

As she sprint walks away from her manager’s office she prayed to God to give her someone to save her.

 

 

-----

a/n: I decided to make it 3 to 4 parts. Because my sched suddenly got screwed up. My apologies for the short first and slow update everyone! Happy New Year!