chapter four / "where are they heading to now"

intertwined

chapter 4 / "Where Are They Heading To? Now?"

 

She sighed as she then held Jungkook's hand, surprising him. Although his hand was very smooth, it felt rather cold. She probably forgot to put his hands under the blanket. She then lead him to the front of her bedroom. Because she wasn't paying too much attention, she didn’t realize his hands started to sweat and became much warmer as his heart started to beat fast as he looked inside her bedroom. It was very clean and practical as he thought, a bed at the center with a desk to the right, and a wardrobe across her bed. Although it was quite empty, he felt it was very Sunghee to be so minimalist. He just found it cute.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." She muttered in English before turning to Jungkook and switched to Korean. "Because you were heavy I didn't have enough energy to eat you to carry you to a proper bed. Rest here for a while before leaving. Sleeping in a car for rest isn't ideal."

"Car?" He cocked his head in slight confusion.

"Yeah, how else did you get here?" So after resting, you can call your car to go home."

"But I live only a block away." Jungkook looked at her who gave him a raised eyebrow and his eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion. "Didn't I call you?"

"Call me? I haven't received any calls."

She pushed Jungkook into her room and thought about something guiltily as he looked at her with a confused expression. Seeing him face her now made her feel embarrassed and she put her hands behind her back and fidgeted, moving her shoulders back and fourth as if she were a child in trouble.

"Uh... Which number do you use?" She asked.

"The one I always use." He stood there stiffly as he looked around the room.

She looked at his troubled expression as he looked her bed and then at her and her heart skipped a beat before she turned her head sideways and coughed. She then faced him and noticed his intense gaze toward her and she looked down, and slightly embarrassed, she pulled up her shirt and coughed again.

"Go on, sit down. It's not a problem."

"So, why are you asking? Did something happen?" He asked as he stiffly laid on the bed, as if he was sitting on a chair, his head tilted toward her.

"Um... I blocked you once I got to America." She then spoke in a softer and more cuter tone, slightly playful as she looked at him with big eyes. "Jungkook, please don't get mad."

She expected him to yell at her as she confessed, but he only grabbed a pillow that was underneath him and stuffed his face in it. His face couldn't be seen by her so she couldn't tell it was really red. Jungkook wasn't too upset on her blocking him. He expected it. But the way she spoke so cutely, and the way she said his name, made him blush. She really was dangerous.

"Jungkook?" She hesitantly asked in the same cute tone.

"I'm fine." She heard his muffled voice.

They stood there for an awkward ten seconds but she then spoke, breaking the silence. "But how come you didn't know that I wasn't there?"

"I don't remember too much yesterday." He said as he closed his eyes, frowning.

"Hmph. I won't officially apologize because you're also a guilty party, but I admit that I shouldn't have yelled and should have instead had a civilized discussion yesterday." She said as she covered his body in her blanket. "I guess this is how I can slightly make it up to you even though I'm still upset. But you won't put me on your hit list right?"

"Hit list?" He asked, his eyes still closed.

"You know, the one with Rowoon and Yerin." She jokingly said.

"You don't know the whole story." He muttered before turning his body to the left side of her bed as he opened his eyes and looked at her desk, his back facing her, the blanket outlining his body, leaving room for his eyes and nose.

"Don't want to talk to me? Heh, now do you understand how I feel? Anyway, get better soon." She then petted the blanket where Jungkook's hair as she then stood up to leave. "But Soph probably already told you that."

He didn't reply so after looking at him, she walked outside of her room. As she closed the door shut, she came to a realization on what she just did. It was as if she just came out of a drama scene and her ears turned red and she hit her head against the wall. She's an idiot. She actually let a guy sleep in her room. She groaned as she slid her hand down the wall. She felt bad for being part of the problem of making him sick, but she knew he knew he was guilty.

Suddenly her phone blasted her ringtone as someone called. She looked at the closed door before running to her phone to answer.

"Hello? Who is this?" She asked in Korean.

The lucky thing of answering in Korean means that American telemarketers can't exactly sell anything. She's been doing it when she came to America.

"Do you not remember my number?" A familiar low voice asked, ticked off. "Heh, that's just like you."

"Kim Taehyung?" She yelled excitedly before calming down, looking down the hallway, speaking normally. "It's been a long time."

"Hmph, who's the one who ran off to America? I'm bored here in Seoul. But I'm not here to talk about old events." He said in a very serious tone, contrasting with his previous tone, which made her almost laugh as she could already imagine his serious face.

"So you can be serious too."

"Have you seen Jungkook?" He asked.

"Why are you asking?" She glanced at her bedroom door.

"I didn't want to ask you this but you're a different story. Jungkook... he's not in Korea. He just vanished. All the news in Korea lately is about him. Do you know anything?"

She rose her eyebrow as she sat "Are you sure you don't know where Jungkook is? He's in Amer-"

At that moment, Jungkook was right behind her and brushed past her arm as he snatched the phone out of her hand and ended the call.

"What are you doing?" He asked her coldly.

"Give me back my phone!" She jumped as she tried to reach her phone, which he held up in the air.

With a few more attempts, she stopped jumping and pursed her lips together as she looked at the icy Jungkook whose expression hasn't changed. His frown she barely saw didn't scare her and those icy eyes she's seen on occasion didn't either. In fact, it made her more confident.

"To think I was actually being nice to you, you faker." She looked at him comfortably, as she knew this was the right Jungkook. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

She pulled on his shirt as she brought him to the floor with her, his weight pushing against her. She bit her lip and winced as she hit her head against the wooden floor. Perhaps it was because he was sick, but he had a delayed reaction, she took it as an opportunity. Rolling to the left, holding onto his shoulders, she sat on top of him, and she took hold of his arm as she took the phone that was in his hand. This was done with ease in less than a few seconds.

"Take that." She said before stretching her pants to put her phone inside her pants’ pocket. "Don’t play games with me."

She then grabbed Jungkook's hand as she began to drag him back to her room. As she realised he was standing up and walking on his own halfway there, she looked back.

"What? You gonna bribe me?"

His muddled mind cleared as he saw her speak to him. He then pulled on her hand and brought her into a hug, holding her body with his left hand, keeping her close to him. He looked at down at her head and using his right hand, pressed around.

"You hit your head, are you alright? I'm not hurting you, am I?" He asked gently as he pressed areas on his head.

"Gah! You're gonna make me burst in anger and give me a headache if you continue! You're sick... Ow, my nose! You're sick, so as a kind and responsible person, I'm temporarily taking care of you... Ow, can you let me go! Ugh. A sick person should worry about themselves, not others. Ow! Stop pressing there, it hurts!" She managed to say as she managed to push him far enough to speak, but each time was pulled back in, smashing her nose into his chest multiple times.

"That's what you get for not relying on people." He said as she stopped pressing on her head. "Where's your ice?"

"Where do you think dimwit?" She asked as she looked up at him as she was in his grasp, giving him a scowl, but he just found it cute.

"Yes, yes." He said as he pulled her along to her kitchen as her feet dragged on the floor as he occasionally stopped to blow on her head.

"What are you, a child? Blowing on someone's injury? At least I was smarter saying saliva was better when I was a kid." She said as she propped down on the chair in the kitchen's two-chair table.

At that second, he pushed her head down and his fingers as he pressed it back of her head. As she realized what he just did, she punched him in the shoulder as he put less pressure on her.

"You sick ert! I should tell everyone that their favorite idol is actually a disgusting ert who has a erse and sickening nature!"

He rubbed his shoulder unhappily as he then grabbed the ice tray out of the freezer. "Sorry. But that was my way of saying saliva does nothing."

"Of course not a wound like that! Only on cuts with blood you idiot!"

He popped a few ice cubes and put them in a plastic bag he found while searching her cupboards. "Here."

"So even the rich know how to do a simple thing."

"Hey, you don't have to worry about losing stock value and being flawless in front of others." He said as he pressed the plastic bag against the back of her head, his right hand looming over the corner of her eyes as he squatted, his eyes looking at her.

"You really should be sleeping." She said after an awkward 10 second staring contest she made up between the two.

"Your safety is my number one priority." She rose her eyebrow at this as she scoffed. "Besides, how can you take care of me if you're injured?"

"You realize you're doing this over a stupid head injury. It's not even serious, no blood even came out."

"But every injury is important."

"I wouldn't have been injured if it wasn't for you stealing my phone."

"Don't speak to Taehyung." He said right after he spoke.

"Hah? Did you get into some drama with your best friend? Do you realize how petty you sound? I feel bad for your future wife."

He ignored her previous statement as he looked at her. "Don't let anybody know I'm in America."

"Your parents know. They check on what you're buying, right? My parents did."

"That's not what I mean. I mean, don't tell anybody in Korea that I'm here. I didn't tell many."

"So I'm here to help a wanted fugitive? Then you better have caked on a lot of makeup. You know your looks aren't ordinary, right?"

"Eh?" His eyes shone as he looked at her, and she felt on edge. "You told me I'm handsome!"

"No, you did." She rolled her eyes as she saw his shining eyes.

"So will you help me?"

"How can a poor college student help such a high up person? Besides, remember yesterday? People recorded."

He continued smiling as he bright said,"I remembered that. Don't worry, I shut them up."

She laughed awkwardly looking to the side before looking at him with seriousness. "So does that mean you'll go to sleep?"

"If you're there with me."

"You're a ert. A full 100% legit ert."

"If it means I can sleep with you, then I'll be a ert."

She felt like puking blood all over his face hearing that statement. "Are you reading some messed up romance webnovel, you realize they're almost, if not worse than BL! Which novel did you read did the ML say that?"

"This novel. I'm deciding how the story goes." He dropped the plastic bag onto the table and moved toward her, only centimeters away from her. "The ML will confess his love to the MC with a deep kiss."

She blinked before registering what he just said and before she could yell at him, he pulled her into a kiss, his arms around her neck. This wasn't an intense kiss, it was almost sweet as chocolate. She was surprised as he stuck his tongue into and intertwined his tongue with hers. Usually, if this would happen, she would kick them in the face, but for some reason, she didn't want to. She felt almost weak as she stared at his long eyelashes which flickered each time as he blinked.

Because this was his first kiss, he stopped only after a few minutes. He wanted to remember this moment well and cherish it. But it wasn't her first kiss, so she wasn't too passionate about it like him. Kisses to her were nice if they were given to her by someone she likes, but they didn't mean too much to her compared to others. He was another story though. She doesn't exactly like him. But she did have to give it to him, he was a good kisser.

As she stared at him blankly, he was looking at her more carefully. Her bare shoulder showed and her ears were red. He'd joke about her red ears normally, but he was focused on something much more.

"Jungkook?" She asked as she saw him staring at her shoulder.

She looked at it and pulled it up. As she did, he pulled it down. She then pulled it up. He then pulled it down.

"ert." She said as she pulled it up again, holding onto her shoulder.

"Take responsibility then," Jungkook said, blushing slightly as he then brushed his thumb across her wet lips. "You're the one that made me into a ert."