Happy 1 year Anniversary

Universe Special Gift

December 29th, 2018

So it appears that it's been a year since I first published this story and rekindled my bond with writing. Over one year of building a universe far greater than my little hands could handle, if I shall admit.

Universe Special Gift is, as you know, a result of EXO's 2017 Winter Albums. Merely eight months since I had joined the fandom and already neck-deep in the whole fan thing. It's silly but this story, as full of mistakes and in great need of thorough revision as it is, was an opportunity for me. Not just to relive a dream but to better understand my own self. I've struggled with lack of confidence, writer's block, depression, self-hatred... and enjoyed appreciation, made new encounters, experienced new emotions... A rollercoaster indeed.

I'm far from the path of great fanfic writers, even less from that of successful writers. But I took a leap of faith into the void that was my dream. I didn't fall on a bed of roses nor did I get wings somehow. Rather, I rolled down a track of pointed stones, lost more than a few drops of blood, before eventually catching hold of a thorny rope. And I still struggle, if the progress of the second story What Is Love is any indication. Yet, I'm somehow satisfied.

It was a long journey. It is a lonely journey. One well rewarded by the few comments I've received and the increasing number of views. I might not keep up with it regularly but it's a nice feeling, that of knowing that some people out there have read my story. This past year, I've been grateful for that, especially since I know that I've been a little overambitious from the start. At least, my plan to make a story where EXO-L is also the protagonist worked, kind of. It'd be great if I could finish the second and third story though...

Anyway, I wanted to write something to celebrate the occasion. Given how I'm deleting almost everything I write though, I dropped the idea. Furthermore, it feels like the story is complete already. I don't want to mess up the harmony any more than I already did. So you shall get this letter in its stead, one which I hope expresses well my gratitude and regret. I'm definitely one of the worse writers out there, but I'm improving. For instance, I wrote a couple of tweetfics on my personal account @exolppower after discovering that I like BaekSoo. I don't know how long it will last though. No one liked it anyhow so I should probably stop. The future shall tell, I guess.

I won't bore you more than that, fear not. It was getting way too confession-like anyways... I wish everyone a good end of 2018. May 2019 be kind to you. And happy anniversary, if you wish to celebrate.

Best regards,
EXOL_Writer