Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop

Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop

 

The tingling bell can be heard all over the café, a tiny figure slides carefully then finds her favorite seat by the window. Today is neither bad nor good for her; she just wants to drink a cup of warm creamy coffee. Her big eyes wander around, searching for something or someone, to be exact. He is there, pouring a newly made coffee for his customers. Her lips move, she smiles warmly. Her eyes never leave that figure; she always likes it when he focuses with his coffee. Her eyes fix on the figure behind the counter, she flashes a smile again. His slender fingers are busy moving here and there, pressing the coffee machine as somehow knitting his eyebrows. After five minutes busy with his coffee, the guy then turns his head. His eyes catch a familiar figure by the window; he blinks his eyes several times before smiling widely. As their eyes lock, drown into each other's warm orbs, they keep flashing a silly smile to each other. She looks as appealing as always with her brown turtleneck, it is winter but she resembles autumn. She is there, waving her tiny hand as smiling widely to him. He nods, he knows her favorite coffee. His pretty fingers start to get busy again with coffee, he then gently pours his coffee, adds cream and sugar carefully, he can’t stop smiling. At the final touch, he pours a cup of milky cream, her favorite. She likes coffee with cream; it is less bitter and less sweet. What does it mean? That girl has always been this unique. He likes her, no; he loves her with her random traits. After done with his coffee, he then sways his legs toward her along with big grin plastered on his face. If he thinks that she resembles autumn then she thinks that he resembles snowflake. White shirt and black apron, just like a snowflake with the touch of the ground. Mixed. He stands right before her, putting a cup of her favorite coffee then take a seat next to her.

“Your coffee cream, Miss.”

“Thank you, Mr.”

He then takes a seat across from her, still smiling.

“How was your day?”

“Neither bad nor good, I just…”

“Just?”

“Miss you….”

“I know, I know that you miss me that bad I kno-“

“…R coffee. I’m not even done speaking, you Mr. So-full-of-Yourself.” She rolls her eyes playfully.

“Tsk, you just don’t want to admit it.” He snorts.

She laughs joyfully before carefully sipping her coffee, it tastes really good. He is right, she misses him and this coffee is only an excuse to meet him, the man that successfully steals her heart. It was two years ago, she was quite devastated and stressful about life. She ran to this modest café around the corner of the street, it was quiet and calm. She chose seat by the big window, sighed heavily, her gaze fixed on the figure behind the counter. He was there behind the counter, she unconsciously starred at him and mumbled to herself, "How come a person resembles snowflake in the middle of autumn?"

Busy with her thought, he was already standing before her, smiling widely then put a cup of warm creamy coffee on the table.

“And how come a person resembles autumn in the middle of autumn?”

She snapped out, cheeks redden.

“Uh- i- uh….I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to- i- I was so spacing out.”

“It’s alright though.” He chuckled.

“It was embarrassing and impolite, I’m sorry.” She bowed.

“No need to, really. I’m Byun Baekhyun, the owner of this coffee shop and it seems you’re kinda stress Miss?”

“Jieun, Lee Jieun. How did you know?”

“I can read someone else’s mind.” He nodded firmly.

“Really?” Eyes widen.

“Nah, I was just joking.” He laughed.

After that brave introduction, they continued to contact and meet each other. Jieun would gladly come and visit Baekhyun twice a week and Baekhyun would joyfully ask Jieun for a coffee date, until he finally braced himself to confess his feelings to her.

“I like your eyes, they are so appealing. Your eyes make me fall even deeper and deeper since the very first time we met. I like your random thoughts about coffee and cream, about the taste that you describe as less bitter and less sweet. I love you, Lee Jieun.”

She lost her words and could only manage to answer his confession with a nod. She nodded. His arms stretched to embrace her tiny figure, they both smiled ear to ear. Falling in love at the coffee shop was played as the background, their favorite song. It was winter, despite the touch of the winter; they felt the embraced of the warm autumn.

It was like that, smooth just like a cream that dripped from a full cup. She fell for him and vice versa. They never knew that this coffee shop would actually pull them into each other's life.

“Why are you smiling like that?” He tilts his head in confusion.

“Do you remember this song, Baekhyun?”

A wide grin creeps on his face; of course he remembers this song. This is their song or he might say that his song represents his feelings toward her two years ago and up until now, it remains the same.

“Landon pigg, yeah, this is my confession song for you.”

Jieun only smiles, she likes coffee and him or Baekhyun’s coffee to be exact.

Jieun resembles the coffee and Baekhyun resembles the cream, add different taste and successfully blend as warmth feelings inside a cup of coffee cream. Embraces the diversity in order to complete each other. Sweet.