Chapter 2: Moving Day

The Seven Trials of Love

Chapter 2: Moving Day


"I have decided to put the group on a mandatory year-long hiatus." President Bang Si-hyuk announced to the boys, who were now munching on some breakfast bars while sitting on the sofas in his office. They looked wide awake now and refreshed, having sneaked back into their dorms earlier to shower and get ready for the day properly. Hearing the announcement, the boys choked on their food and stared at their President with wide eyes.

"But why, sir?"  Namjoon asked, coughing to get his throat cleared while Yoongi thumped his back. The rest of boys all nodded in agreement at the question, why were they being put on hiatus?

"Because an investigation needs to take place to figure out how those sasaeng fans broke into your dorms first of all. Second of all, you boys are not taking care of yourselves at all and are completely overworked. Third, you boys deserve this vacation. I owe it to you all." the President answered with a fond look in his eyes. Jimin shyly raised his hand as he asked "Um sir, where will we be going?"

At that, both Manager Sejin and the President exchanged smirks as they answered in sync "Somewhere private!" 

The boys looked at each other confusedly, both curious and wary of the answer. However, they didn't have time to ask any more questions since Manager Sejin clapped his hands and said "Alright, boys! Time to pack up and head out!"


"So we're really moving?" Jimin muttered to Hobi as they packed their belongings into suitcases and duffle bags, their once warm and inviting room now barren. Hobi sighed as he replied "I guess so. Although, I just hope that those sasaeng fans won't be able to locate us." 

In another room, Jin and Yoongi had finished packing and were looking around their room with sad eyes. The room they had come to call their own was now barren, not a single thing left to show that anyone had ever lived in the room.

Jungkook stared sadly at his bedroom, he had gotten a whole bedroom to himself, and now, he had to leave it. His suitcases and duffle bags were placed in the living room area, but he couldn't help but feel sad at having to leave the apartment he shared with his brothers. Meanwhile in Taehyung and Namjoon's room, Taehyung was packing their suitcases for the both of them while Namjoon spoke on the phone with their manager.

"Yes, I believe that we are almost done packing. We will be ready for you when you come around with the van. Okay, thank you." Namjoon finished speaking, then threw Taehyung a grateful look at his packed suitcases and duffle bags as he thanked him. Taehyng smiled and said "It's not a problem. I'm almost done my packing, but you should check and see if the others are done." 

Namjoon nodded and headed out to the living room area with his suitcases and duffle bags. Setting his stuff down, he walked over to the other bedrooms to check in on the members. To his surprise, everyone was ready to go but were having a hard time saying goodbye to their apartment. 

A knock at the door startled all of them. Warily, Namjoon walked over and only opened it when the voice of their manager was heard "Namjoon-ah, it's just me!"

Their manager walked in with a small smile as he looked at them and said "Alright, you guys look like you have everything so we can head out now."

The boys obediently put on their face masks then followed their manager out of the apartment building and down to the front parking lot, where a giant van was waiting for them. Opening the back, they quickly put their luggage in then climbing in with a few pushes and shoves here and there to get to their seats. In the end, Namjoon sat in the passenger seat while Yoongi, Jimin, and Jungook sat all the way in the back and Hobi, Taehyung, and Seokjin sat in the middle. Once everyone was strapped in, they headed out of the parking lot and to the mysterious home where the boys would be staying at.


An hour and a half later, the van was driving along a highway when Jungkook spied a small cafe and asked "Manager Sejin-ssi, can we take a quick break here, please?" 

Seeing that it was still fairly early in the day and it would only take another 3 and a half hours to get to their destination, Manager Sejin pulled into the parking lot of the cafe. As soon as the van was parked, everyone jumped out and headed into the cafe to use the bathroom and to get some food. Namjoon rolled his eyes fondly at his group members but went to order a medium iced vanilla latte with a strawberry scone while Yoongi ordered the largest iced espresso coffee they had with a sausage, bacon, and egg bagel. Hobi and Jin, on the other hand, simply ordered medium iced coffees with blueberry muffins. 

When the maknaes came back from using the restrooms, they got in line to order their stuff; Jimin ordered himself a bottle of orange juice and raspberry scone, Taehyung ordered a small mocha coffee and a blueberry lemon scone, and Jungkook ordered a medium iced caramel coffee with a chocolate chip muffin. Manager Sejin went last and ordered himself a large iced Americano with a sausage, ham, egg, and bacon bagel. 

When everyone got their food, they hopped back into the van to get back on their way. 


After two more quick stops at a gas station and a bakery, the van was driving along a hidden path through a heavily forested area. Looking outside the windows, everyone watched the wildlife pop up here and there with amazement in their eyes as they whispered excitedly until the van started driving deeper and deeper into the forest. Now, they looked at each other questioningly as to how far away from civilization their new home was.

But before anyone could ask, the van was already driving up the long driveway to an elegant home.

Their new home.


"Whoa, this house is big!" Jimin and Jungkook gasped in awe at the elegant house looming in front of them. Behind them, their manager, Sejin chuckled and said as he helped each member grab their luggage out of the trunk "It's also private since this mansion wasn't bought, but built right here by private contractors. Besides the owner and her family, it's only us who knows about this place."

"Sejin-ssi, who owns this place?" Namjoon asked curiously. Grabbing Namjoon's luggage out of the trunk, Sejin answered "This place used to belong to Kim Da-Bin and Kim Nae-Yi, but they gifted it to their daughter Eun-A as a present for her 17th birthday, I believe."

"Isn't Kim Da-Bin the CEO and owner of that company that makes all the newest electronics and games? And isn't Kim Nae-Yi the CEO and owner of that really popular clothing and accessory shop?" Jin asked, remembering that he had read an article about the two familiar names. Sejin nodded then led the boys up to the front doors of the house. But before Sejin could knock or ring the doorbell, a male robotic voice greeted them "Annyeonghaseyo, welcome to Kim Manor. I am Sebastian, the Artificial Intelligence of this household. Please come in, Miss Elyza and her friends are expecting you all in the kitchen."

Everyone looked at each other with wide eyes, clearly not expecting to be greeted by an Artificial Intelligence, much less one that seemed exactly like JARVIS from the Iron Man movies!